Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year jail

Little-Acorn

If you were wondering what the nature of the mature Obama administration would be, once all the laws they want are in place, all the restrictions, madates, and penalties, we're starting to find out.

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

by Carrie Budoff Brown 11:40 AM
September 25, 2009
Categories: Senate

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

Werbung:
Re: Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year j

The note in question reads as follows:

Section 7203 of the code provides that, if there is a willful failure to file, pay, maintain appropriate records and the like, that the taxpayer may be charged with a misdemeanor with a penalty of up to $25,000 and not more than one year in jail.

Felony tax evasion provides for restitution and a fine of up to $100,000 for an individual and up to five years in jail.

The "code" in question is the tax code.

So, if a citizen refuses to pay his taxes, maintain proper records, and "the like", he has committed a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a $25,000 fine and up to a year in jail.

"evading" taxes carries a stiffer penalty.

I'm not sure what that has to do with health care, or requiring health insurance, unless a health insurance tax of some sort is passed.

Re: Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year j

I'm not sure what that has to do with health care, or requiring health insurance, unless a health insurance tax of some sort is passed.

Wow, even PLC1 is finally starting to figure it out. :eek:

"Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance."
HE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(After all, he IS a Republican. :rolleyes: )

THANKS, for the opener, though!!

292.gif

The note in question reads as follows:

The "code" in question is the tax code.

So, if a citizen refuses to pay his taxes, maintain proper records, and "the like", he has committed a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a $25,000 fine and up to a year in jail.

"evading" taxes carries a stiffer penalty.

there would be a tax charged in some versions of the bill to those who dont get insurance...to pay for the fact that they will end up useing the money when they get sick ( now as it stands taxpayrs all pay for the ones who dont have it)

there would be a tax charged in some versions of the bill to those who dont get insurance...to pay for the fact that they will end up useing the money when they get sick ( now as it stands taxpayrs all pay for the ones who dont have it)

I see. So, if they put the rest of us in the position of having to cover their uninsured costs, or watch them die, they have to pay a tax to cover that eventuality.

That sounds fair to me.

And, if they evade taxes, there is a penalty. Hasn't there always been a penalty for failure to pay taxes?

Or, could I have gotten by without paying all these years? Hey, I could have saved a fortune!

what a shock, you get fined and possible jail for not paying taxes? I thought is was just a suggestion

next bull crap story please

Radical useless liberals just hate paying taxes! they cheat , steal , lie , distort , even kill to avoid paying their taxes BUT insist all others ALL pay up!!
Obama just loves them! HUT , HUT ! lol,lol

The $1900 is not a tax. It's a fine.

That fine you pay if a policeman catches you running a red light is not a tax that allows you to run the red light.

Is there a trial for each person who gets this fine?

If not, then the Health Care bill is a Bill of Attainder.

Flatly unconstitutional.

Good point.

The red light camera fines you pay are not a tax to run red lights.

That gets rid of the legal entanglements.

Werbung:
Back