Detroit

Gipper

That city is what liberalism looks like after 50 years of it being put to use.

Sad. Very sad.

DETROIT—The population of Detroit has fallen back 100 years.

The flight of middle-class African-Americans to the suburbs fueled an exodus that cut Detroit's population 25% in the past decade to 713,777, according to Census Bureau data released Tuesday. That's the city's lowest population level since the 1910 census, when automobile mass production was making Detroit Detroit.

The decline, the fastest in city history, shocked local officials, who had expected a number closer to 800,000. Mayor Dave Bing said the city would seek a recount.

"If we could go out and identify another 40,000 people that were missed, and it brings us over the threshold of 750,000, that would make a difference from what we can get from the federal and state government," Mr. Bing said at a news conference Tuesday.

In all, the city lost more than 237,000 residents, including 185,000 blacks and about 41,000 whites. The Hispanic population ticked up by 1,500. Meanwhile, the black population in neighboring Macomb County more than tripled to 72,723, constituting 8.6% of the county's population in 2010, compared with 2.7% a decade earlier. Oakland County's African-American population rose 36% to 164,078.

OB-NE544_detroi_D_20110323132520.jpg

Werbung:
black flight huh... maybe there is hope for the black community after all. they just have to realize that the donkeys do not have their best interests in mind.

Sooo liberals sent all auto jobs overseas? Liberals made GM and Chrysler make crappy cars that did not sell ( and fords for some time as well) and then Liberals Manufacturing jobs overall go away....

odd becuse many "liberal Cities" are doing well still and there are many conservative Cities that are not....If I just pick one example of each then I must have found Proof right?

But as I would expect from you 2...simple minded ideas about big issues...and mindless crying of Liberal.

Detroit is an example of what nearly a century of the leftwing, with a few RINO intermissions, has cost this country and what the future is. Detroit exists largely as a dole center for the dem party's plantation black constituency.

Sooo liberals sent all auto jobs overseas?

mainly unions

Liberals made GM and Chrysler make crappy cars that did not sell ( and fords for some time as well) and then Liberals Manufacturing jobs overall go away....

no money left for development, unions

odd because many "liberal Cities" are doing well still and there are many conservative Cities that are not....If I just pick one example of each then I must have found Proof right?

DC ? on China's credit card, sure. Seattle ? Lucky to have Microsoft and a lack of the problem that effects big cities.

But as I would expect from you 2...simple minded ideas about big issues...and mindless crying of Liberal.

and... what ?

Sooo liberals sent all auto jobs overseas? Liberals made GM and Chrysler make crappy cars that did not sell ( and fords for some time as well) and then Liberals Manufacturing jobs overall go away....

odd becuse many "liberal Cities" are doing well still and there are many conservative Cities that are not....If I just pick one example of each then I must have found Proof right?

Strange. You really think the cause of Detriot's problems are the failure of the Big 3? I think not and of course, I am right.

Let's see now...
1. Detroit p-schools have been failing for decades.
2. Crime has been high for decades.
3. Drug use, illegitimacy, and teen pregnancy have all been high for decades.
4. City government completely corrupt for decades and run by liberal Dems for decades.
5. Incompetent policy department where over 50% of homicides go unsolved.
6. Most citizens receive some form of welfare to survive.
7. Dilapidated and vacant buildings everywhere.
8. Not one major retailer has a location in the city.
9. Illiteracy in the city is near 50%.
10. City taxation is high.

So, you see the failures of the auto industry while having some impact is rather insignificant compared to the other failures which have existed for decades.

This again is what a city looks like when radical liberalism is allowed to run amuck for 50 years.

BLAME THE JAPANESE! Thats why KARMA Got them with that big Earthquake! You see the Japanese have refused our request. We told them way back in the 1970s please stop dumping your cars into the U.S its hurting jobs. and now KARMA got them!!! Theres an old saying KARMA WILL GET YOU!! And Karma got Japan. Now Karma will only help Japan if Toyota,Nissan,Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha move their companies to the U.S!!

Widespread corruption. Incompetence. High crime rate. Rampant drug abuse. 90% black population. Blatant racism against non-blacks. Ultra left wing city government for many, many decades. Thuggery by the labor unions.

The reasons are endless why Detroit has been a cesspool for decades.

Widespread corruption. Incompetence. High crime rate. Rampant drug abuse. 90% black population. Blatant racism against non-blacks. Ultra left wing city government for many, many decades. Thuggery by the labor unions.

The reasons are endless why Detroit has been a cesspool for decades.

The high (victimless) crime rate is related directly related to this unconstitutional and racist war on drugs supported by the GOP. So who is really responsible for these problems?

The high (victimless) crime rate is related directly related to this unconstitutional and racist war on drugs supported by the GOP. So who is really responsible for these problems?

You have no argument from me on the never-ending "war on drugs", but you surely aren't blaming Detroit's cesspool status solely on "drugs", are you?

I also fail to see how the "war on drugs" is "racist" and only "supported" by the GOP? Did the "war on drugs" stop during the Clinton and Obama administrations? The answer is no, so I guess that makes Clinton and Obama "racists" too, right?

Strange. You really think the cause of Detriot's problems are the failure of the Big 3? I think not and of course, I am right.

Let's see now...
1. Detroit p-schools have been failing for decades.
2. Crime has been high for decades.
3. Drug use, illegitimacy, and teen pregnancy have all been high for decades.
4. City government completely corrupt for decades and run by liberal Dems for decades.
5. Incompetent policy department where over 50% of homicides go unsolved.
6. Most citizens receive some form of welfare to survive.
7. Dilapidated and vacant buildings everywhere.
8. Not one major retailer has a location in the city.
9. Illiteracy in the city is near 50%.
10. City taxation is high.

So, you see the failures of the auto industry while having some impact is rather insignificant compared to the other failures which have existed for decades.s like when radical liberalism is allowed to run amuck for 50 years.

Basicly you just started listing issues that lead to poverty as the reasons for them...
Also off base of course....you claim 50% of murders go unsolved...ok..well New Orleans its 22%, Chicago 35%, ( also Philly is 75%). Does this mean Philly is not LIberal ( also San Diego must be very non liberal)

If Detroit is failing due to public schools...then take a look at the states doing the worse in education....of course then you find it tends to be lots of very conservitive states.

Crime is high...umm is in many cities...not all are falling apart.. also you ignore that as a city falls apart and losses more and more jobs...Crime will often go up...so if crime causing the problem? I doubt it, its more of a symptom of it. Some other cities with high crime...Dallas TX, Memphis and Nashville TN...those must be liberal right?

3. Again you take a symptom of poverty, and then say it is the cause.

4. talk talk talk, nothing to back up...as normal

6. Most? got stats? also again...taking symptom of poverty, and stating it as the cause.
7. Again, symptom, you site as Cause...

8. Happens when no one has a job no one to buy stuff...

9. back that up

10, you think all cities are high...based on what is it high? And what tax? Sales tax? average sales taxes in MI are alot lower then here, or in ...well just start naming good conservative Southern states...many are 1 2 or more percent higher sales tax.

But don't worry I am sure you think that if you just lower all the taxes...somehow the schools will do better so will the cops ....and the jobs will come back...even if they have no money for teachers cops, or services right?

don't worry when I asked for you to back up what you said with some facts aka numbers...I realy don't expect you to...

You have no argument from me on the never-ending "war on drugs", but you surely aren't blaming Detroit's cesspool status solely on "drugs", are you?

I also fail to see how the "war on drugs" is "racist" and only "supported" by the GOP? Did the "war on drugs" stop during the Clinton and Obama administrations? The answer is no, so I guess that makes Clinton and Obama "racists" too, right?

Truly be hind all gang violence drugs can be involved in some way. With out the trade protectionism on drugs the gangs would lose their income.

The war on drugs affects the young African American community disproportionally more than any other age, ethnic, or racial group. In fact when drug laws were first enacted they proudly claimed racial bigotries as reasons for illegalizing drugs. The reason we call marijuana "marijuana" instead of hemp is because the new name made it sound foreign and bad.

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

-Harry J. Anslinger

Truly be hind all gang violence drugs can be involved in some way. With out the trade protectionism on drugs the gangs would lose their income.

The war on drugs affects the young African American community disproportionally more than any other age, ethnic, or racial group. In fact when drug laws were first enacted they proudly claimed racial bigotries as reasons for illegalizing drugs. The reason we call marijuana "marijuana" instead of hemp is because the new name made it sound foreign and bad.

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

-Harry J. Anslinger

You are focusing on one piece of the big puzzle as to why Detroit has been in the toilet for so many years. I already explained what caused Detroit's demise.

I lived in the Detroit area (southern 'burbs) for many years, so I know what I am talking about.

Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick. Just two of the corrupt mayors who presided over the downfall of Detroit.

Werbung:
Basicly you just started listing issues that lead to poverty as the reasons for them...
Also off base of course....you claim 50% of murders go unsolved...ok..well New Orleans its 22%, Chicago 35%, ( also Philly is 75%). Does this mean Philly is not LIberal ( also San Diego must be very non liberal)

If Detroit is failing due to public schools...then take a look at the states doing the worse in education....of course then you find it tends to be lots of very conservitive states.

Crime is high...umm is in many cities...not all are falling apart.. also you ignore that as a city falls apart and losses more and more jobs...Crime will often go up...so if crime causing the problem? I doubt it, its more of a symptom of it. Some other cities with high crime...Dallas TX, Memphis and Nashville TN...those must be liberal right?

3. Again you take a symptom of poverty, and then say it is the cause.

4. talk talk talk, nothing to back up...as normal

6. Most? got stats? also again...taking symptom of poverty, and stating it as the cause.
7. Again, symptom, you site as Cause...

8. Happens when no one has a job no one to buy stuff...

9. back that up

10, you think all cities are high...based on what is it high? And what tax? Sales tax? average sales taxes in MI are alot lower then here, or in ...well just start naming good conservative Southern states...many are 1 2 or more percent higher sales tax.

But don't worry I am sure you think that if you just lower all the taxes...somehow the schools will do better so will the cops ....and the jobs will come back...even if they have no money for teachers cops, or services right?

don't worry when I asked for you to back up what you said with some facts aka numbers...I realy don't expect you to...

Yes, there are many American cities with similar problems and they have been run by Dems for decades too.

Detroit is just the one city with so many problems which added to together have resulted in complete and total failure. Now, if a city has been run by one political party for 50 years resulting in these terrible problems, who is to blame? It is just common sense.

If Detroit had been run by Rs for 50 years and had all these problems, what would you say about it? I would say the Rs are to blame and so would you. You see how PARTISAN and BIASED you are and how CONSISTENT I am?

Guess not.

Back