1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Southern Man

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Gipper, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Americans, both white and black, are leaving the liberally diseased northern states for the southern states. They are going where the jobs are and the stinking unions and big costly government isn't.

Not surprising, but we don't want the libs to know that the electoral map will soon be stacked against them. Yippee!

2. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

hmmmmm.best watch out for the Trojan Horses ! :eek:

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Yeah, the problem is they bring their ideas with them and ruin the new place.

Oregon used to be a great place then a bunch of Californians moved here. For a long while in the 70s there were bumper stickers that said, californian go home!

Then by the 90's there were more californians here than native Oregonians (my family included) and the place is really bad off. The southern people should refuse to let the northern people in lest they become like em.

4. dogtowner

very often they come to see the folly of their prior habitat. also very often they were just looking for an excuse to escape ! the rest we kill and dump in the woods. OK I made that last part up.

5. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    old people move south, republicans think its because of them...not the nice weather...typical.

6. dogtowner

that is Florida everywhere else its for work. had a huge influx from Texas when oil went bust a while back too.

7. Openmind

Openmind Well-Known Member

Since I am one of the old people who "moved South," I can tell you first hand why!

Because the South (as so many Red State in the Bible belt) is CHEAP. . .the weather is not too bad, and housing is dirt cheap, with great golf courses, and not much traffic. . .since there are so few industries!

However, if I had known that the Southern Baptist would be everywhere, and imposing their laws on local government, I would NEVER have come. In fact, I plan on leaving this God forsaken place as soon as the housing market improves.

8. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Some of what you say is true, but then you revert to your bigoted uninformed ways. Why so intolerant of people different from you?

If you had read the article I posted and were at least slightly informed on the issue, you would know jobs are moving south. And people are following including black Americans who find racism is less a problem there than up North where libs reside.

This movement of jobs is a consequence of the evils of liberalism. Small and mid size businesses are the job creators and they are tired of the high lib government taxes, lib regulations, and commie unions that dominant the northern states. So, they are moving south. Many large corporations are doing this too. Texas has more Fortune 500 companies than NY.

Maybe this is why BO and his tyrannical minions stopped Boeing from moving to the right-to-work state SC.