Death to the dictator

PLC1

Staff member
Not "Death to America", as the government wanted them to say, but, "death to the dictator."

Dissidents Mass in Tehran to Subvert an Anti-U.S. Rally

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Iran’s beleaguered opposition movement struggled to reassert itself on Wednesday, as tens of thousands of protesters braved police beatings and clouds of tear gas on the sidelines of a major, government-sponsored anti-American rally.

At the same time, a new theme emerged, with many protesters declaring their impatience with President Obama’s policy of dialogue with the Iranian government. Many could be heard chanting, “Obama, Obama — either you’re with them or you’re with us,” witnesses said.

Are you listening to the people of Iran, Barack? Let's hope so. They want change in their country as well.

Werbung:
This administration is never going to side with the people of Iran but will continue to "work" with its dictator. I feel terrible bad for those people, they are far more brave than most Americans and fight for freedom like Americans of old.

Someday they will have their freedom, its one of the few things worth fighting, dying and killing for.

This administration is never going to side with the people of Iran but will continue to "work" with its dictator. I feel terrible bad for those people, they are far more brave than most Americans and fight for freedom like Americans of old.

Someday they will have their freedom, its one of the few things worth fighting, dying and killing for.

first , the people on teh street, no matter how great there intent...dont have the military and the nukes do they? No so you deal with them.

2nd, the best thing we can do for the people of Iran...is to keep out, say little...the more we show support...the more it is used against them...our support must be subtle and under the radar...

first , the people on teh street, no matter how great there intent...dont have the military and the nukes do they? No so you deal with them.

2nd, the best thing we can do for the people of Iran...is to keep out, say little...the more we show support...the more it is used against them...our support must be subtle and under the radar...

I disagree. I feel its our duty to help those who want freedom. I dont think that means we have to go fight the war for them, actually thats a very bad idea, freedom is only valuable when you fight for it yourself not if others fight it for you. I think thats one of the problems for the Americans today. Our Grandparents and those before them did the fighting, sacrificing and we just waste it.

We could help them with arms, we could do a number of things that dont involve fighting it for them. Where would we be without a bit of help in our revolution?

I disagree. I feel its our duty to help those who want freedom. I dont think that means we have to go fight the war for them, actually thats a very bad idea, freedom is only valuable when you fight for it yourself not if others fight it for you. I think thats one of the problems for the Americans today. Our Grandparents and those before them did the fighting, sacrificing and we just waste it.

We could help them with arms, we could do a number of things that dont involve fighting it for them. Where would we be without a bit of help in our revolution?

you clearly don't get what I am saying...we help them...by staying out...we help them and it lends credit to the fact they are just acting out and are US puppets of the west....the revolution must come from, and be viewed by the people as organic and from there own. And Arm them? Please, do you want to see how fast you can kill every supporter in iran? We helped arm in Iraq....do you recall how that ended? alot of dead people, and Saddam with even more power. The people of Iran must win this for them self...we must support them...buy not making them look like they are doing our bidding..

you clearly don't get what I am saying...we help them...by staying out...we help them and it lends credit to the fact they are just acting out and are US puppets of the west....the revolution must come from, and be viewed by the people as organic and from there own. And Arm them? Please, do you want to see how fast you can kill every supporter in iran? We helped arm in Iraq....do you recall how that ended? alot of dead people, and Saddam with even more power. The people of Iran must win this for them self...we must support them...buy not making them look like they are doing our bidding..

I am just very glad you were not here and in power while we were having our revolution. I would have hated for anyone to take your advice :)

The people of Iran are screwed just like all freedom loving people on this planet are screwed. So it really doesnt matter. No real point in debating what we should do because we all know that we will do exactly nothing. I actually hope we do nothing because the two choices are nothing and help the frakin dictator, and that is what I more or less expect this current president to do if he did anything at all... so it is best if he does nothing.

I am just very glad you were not here and in power while we were having our revolution. I would have hated for anyone to take your advice :)

The people of Iran are screwed just like all freedom loving people on this planet are screwed. So it really doesnt matter. No real point in debating what we should do because we all know that we will do exactly nothing. I actually hope we do nothing because the two choices are nothing and help the frakin dictator, and that is what I more or less expect this current president to do if he did anything at all... so it is best if he does nothing.

The thing is Pan that that we already did that whole Nation Building in Iran before already.

You seem to not remember history for some reason. Perhaps Google could be of some assistance here.

Google: The United States installed Shah of Iran.

See we helped overthrow the legally & democratically elected leader in Iran because we didn't particularly like him.

I know the first question that pops into everyone's mind is... well that doesn't sound very freedomy nor democratic... it actually sounds rather medaling, warmongering and Nation Building like. Be that as it may let's move on...

Well that worked for a while. We installed a new top guy, and called him the Shah of Iran.

But that only lasted until they were able to storm our embassy and take THEIR country back. Now they hate us 1000 times worse than before and are trying to build a nuke.

Now I ask you... do you see this as such productive foreign policy that you'd want to repeat it. Maybe you do. Maybe we should go for them hating us 10,000 times worse.

Understanding history though I'm inclined not to go along with you down that road again... watch and you'll understand.;)

Google: The United States installed Shah of Iran.

OK. I came up with this:

The operation, code-named TP-AJAX, was the blueprint for a succession of CIA plots to foment coups and destabilize governments during the cold war - including the agency's successful coup in Guatemala in 1954 and the disastrous Cuban intervention known as the Bay of Pigs in 1961. In more than one instance, such operations led to the same kind of long-term animosity toward the United States that occurred in Iran.

Add to that Augusto Pinchet in Chile, the support of Nguyen Cao Key, and probably a lot more I can't recall, and it would seem we would have learned not to try nation building experiments or installing leaders in other countries.

Iraq proves that we still haven't, however. Maybe next time.

thumbsup.gif
.....totally agree. I'm pretty sure that the last thing Moussavi and Mehdi Karrubi need is anything to overt or obvious from the US at this stage as it will give the hardliners the excuses they need for another clampdown.

What is encouraging is that these protests were not just limited to Tehran!

OK. I came up with this:

Add to that Augusto Pinchet in Chile, the support of Nguyen Cao Key, and probably a lot more I can't recall, and it would seem we would have learned not to try nation building experiments or installing leaders in other countries.

Iraq proves that we still haven't, however. Maybe next time.

That's why you're a SUPER MODERATOR!!! LOL!!!:D

Thanks

Werbung:
thumbsup.gif
.....totally agree. I'm pretty sure that the last thing Moussavi and Mehdi Karrubi need is anything to overt or obvious from the US at this stage as it will give the hardliners the excuses they need for another clampdown.

What is encouraging is that these protests were not just limited to Tehran!

You are spot on.

Hey we all hope the country does a complete overthrow... but I'd like it to be more like what happened in the former USSR where the indigenous people took the stand and changed their own country.

Back