Death Penalty; Heading The Same Route As The Buggy-Whip!!

Mr. Shaman

"Samuel Gross, a law professor at the University of Michigan, said he recalled reading Model Penal Code as a first-year law student in 1970. “The death penalty was an abstract issue of little interest to me or my fellow students,” Professor Gross said. But he remembered being impressed by the institute’s work, saying, “I thought in passing that smarter people than I had done a sensible job of figuring out this tricky problem.”

Things will look different come September, Professor Gross said.

“Law students who take first-year criminal law from 2010 on,” he said, “will learn that this same group of smart lawyers and judgesthe ones whose work they read every dayhas said that the death penalty in the United States is a moral and practical failure.

Gee.....just in time.....

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
A sad statement and a sad sentiment about our existing Supreme Courts opinion about court appointed Defense Attorneys {across this country} that the basis for so many overturned convictions are not due to proof of actual innocence but for some lack of proper procedure/mishandling of evidence/improper protocol by the court appointed Defense Attorneys...GOOD GRIEF WHAT A BOONEDOGGLE :mad:

Interesting reading 4 sure...We've been hearing quite a bit of rumbling from our state capitol {TOPEKA, KS} just about this very subject matter...we have numerous convicted people sitting on 'DEATH ROW' but with no date for actual execution pending...so WTH good did it do to follow all of the due process if they will never get the actual deed done:confused:

I have no problem getting rid of the death penalty. I do have a problem paying for some piece of scum to live out a life that he perhaps took from someone else. My answer:

Life in prison.

The only stipulation is that their meals and everything else are paid for by anyone who wants to keep them alive. When the private donations stop coming....shorter life sentence.

I have no problem getting rid of the death penalty. I do have a problem paying for some piece of scum to live out a life that he perhaps took from someone else. My answer:

Life in prison.

The only stipulation is that their meals and everything else are paid for by anyone who wants to keep them alive. When the private donations stop coming....shorter life sentence.

I wish that the 'penal system' wasn't such a habitue of: 3 good meals a day/education/air conditioning/TV/Internet Access/good quality health insurance...that it was more like a hard core place to be sent: here's a blanket > don't loose it, Here's a pillow > don't loose it, Here's your T-shirt/shorts/pants/shoes > don't loose them, Here's a tooth brush > please use it cause there won't be any trips to a dentist, Here's a comb/bar of soap/a wash rag/towel > you have to use them or we'll be using the fire hose on you regularly, Here's a menu: 8oz of water/a slice of bread/a slice of beef/a ½ of an apple, make the best of it there aren't any seconds and you only get one call for mess hall > don't be late! Yep, that would pretty much cover it for me...we've turned our penal system into a 'F'd up resort and we run it like a revolving door...IMO

Interesting reading 4 sure...We've been hearing quite a bit of rumbling from our state capitol {TOPEKA, KS} just about this very subject matter...we have numerous convicted people sitting on 'DEATH ROW' but with no date for actual execution pending...so WTH good did it do to follow all of the due process if they will never get the actual deed done? :confused:
As-long-as convictions provide a Fast-Track-To-The-Senate (for Prosecutors), everything (afterwords) is someone-else's problem.​
"Borchard did point out, however, the self-interest that was also part of the environment: "It is common knowledge that the prosecuting technique in the United States is to regard a conviction as a personal victory calculated to enhance the prestige of the prosecutor."
The Police?? Hell....they wanna be Prosecutors (some day)!!!

Life in prison.

Yeah....especially if..."a life that he perhaps took from someone else."....huh? (...you know...PERHAPS, being the operative-word, here.)

How long ARE you willing to punish an innocent-person?

I wish that the 'penal system' wasn't such a habitue of: 3 good meals a day/education/air conditioning/TV/Internet Access/good quality health insurance...
...And, HOW many years have YOU spent...INSIDE...to verify all-o'-the stories you've been told (about what prison is really like)???

When someone tells you how easy prison-life is, maybe that's the question you should be asking THEM:

"How do you KNOW? How many years did YOU spend, inside??"

Granted...it'd be an uncomfortable-situation...and, a (lazy) society does love it's pariahs, but....are you interested in The Truth...or, aren't you?

glimpse2.jpg

...And, HOW many years have YOU spent...INSIDE...to verify all-o'-the stories you've been told (about what prison is really like)???

When someone tells you how easy prison-life is, maybe that's the question you should be asking THEM:​

"How do you KNOW? How many years did YOU spend, inside??"​

Granted...it'd be an uncomfortable-situation...and, a (lazy) society does love it's pariahs, but....are you interested in The Truth...or, aren't you?​

glimpse2.jpg

No actually I haven't 'HAD' to spend time within those walls to know the wonderful amemities that the incarcerated are afforded in my state...I go sit and listen to the budget requests and follow up with where/when/how my tax dollars are spent in those state/federal managed places...;)

So I'm so sorry that this seems to be a 'BONE' of contention to you but allowing neerdowells so many amenities that middle America don't get is just wrong on all fronts IMO!

....And, those folks would never lie-to-you...right?​

:rolleyes:
O.K. ....let's deal with the Obvious, first.​
One county line over; a brand new state of the art penal system was built and has been up and running for a couple of years...'STATE OF THE ART'...yes indeed those POOR-POOR unfortunate incarcerated have the life of RILEY and ain't it just horrid that they get BORED. Back in 1989, Johnson County build a state of the art county detention center: Indoor sports complex, had to be modified with another $25,000 because the birds {yes, those nasty birds} were getting through the larger heavy metal wires and defecating on their play area and it was upsetting to the detainees!

Come on...let them cry/whine about the harshness of being locked up...maybe it'll keep them on the straight and narrow and making better life choices in the future ;)

One county line over; a brand new state of the art penal system was built and has been up and running for a couple of years...'STATE OF THE ART'...yes indeed those POOR-POOR unfortunate incarcerated have the life of RILEY and ain't it just horrid that they get BORED. Back in 1989, Johnson County build a state of the art county detention center: Indoor sports complex, had to be modified with another $25,000 because the birds {yes, those nasty birds} were getting through the larger heavy metal wires and defecating on their play area and it was upsetting to the detainees!

Come on...let them cry/whine about the harshness of being locked up...maybe it'll keep them on the straight and narrow and making better life choices in the future ;)
What's the name o' the facility you're referring-to?​

What's the name o' the facility you're referring-to?​
Sure ask me a hard question...I drive by that place all of the time and for the life of me...I'm not absolutely sure what the sign does say: El Dorado Correctional Facility {shrugs my shoulders}

I've interviewed there twice for medical record jobs {in 9 years}. Off of 54 highway just to the east of the City Limits of El Dorado, Kansas.

Sure ask me a hard question...I drive by that place all of the time and for the life of me...I'm not absolutely sure what the sign does say: El Dorado Correctional Facility {shrugs my shoulders}

I've interviewed there twice for medical record jobs {in 9 years}. Off of 54 highway just to the east of the City Limits of El Dorado, Kansas.
Hey...you know...seeing-as-how you'd...."..go sit and listen to the budget requests and follow up with where/when/how my tax dollars are spent in those state/federal managed places.."...you were paying-attention.

In what County is that prison?​

It's sounding like El Dorado is merely an entry/evaluation facility...but, it's lookin' like there've been people doing years, there, as well.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=341

Werbung:

Life in prison.

That program worked very well in Korea.

Back