Calif bans same sex marriage it seems

Pandora

I dont think every vote is counted yet but it seems the ban is passing in Calif.

I am sure the left is upset about this. I personally think it silly to have some states ban something like this and other states ok it. Marriage is something you take with you where ever you go. This is one of those rare things that must be nation wide either direction.

But I do think its up to the people not up to the government to decide

Werbung:
The people spoke on this issue. More than once BTW!! I lived in Cali when we put a stop to gay marriage the FIRST TIME.

As I understand law, the way this was setup this time (big time attys involved) the only way to change it is by another vote by the people of Cali!

That was part of the problem the first round. The lawyers didn't go about it a fullproof way.

How very unamerican this is. The land of the free? Really? Where someone cannot have a gay marriage, even if it doesn't infringe on anyone elses rights?

Or is civil parternship allowed, and just the term "marriage" being banned? Because in that case, I can't say I really care either way.

How very unamerican this is. The land of the free? Really? Where someone cannot have a gay marriage, even if it doesn't infringe on anyone elses rights?

Or is civil parternship allowed, and just the term "marriage" being banned? Because in that case, I can't say I really care either way.

Being that you are not an American you really have no clue what it means to be an American.

It is un american to vote something in then a judge comes and says your voice does not count and we are going to do it our way.

Voting something in IS American.

I personally want marriage to have zero to do with the government. anyone or anything can marry any one or anything in groups or in singles any time any place for any reason, and the government has zero to do with it, none.

but that is not what the voters of calif voted. for the second time they said we dont want it.

but... this time its not passing by as near a margin as it did last time so some minds are being changed. eventually they will vote it in, everyone will

I dont think every vote is counted yet but it seems the ban is passing in Calif.

I am sure the left is upset about this. I personally think it silly to have some states ban something like this and other states ok it. Marriage is something you take with you where ever you go. This is one of those rare things that must be nation wide either direction.

But I do think its up to the people not up to the government to decide

I've already heard court challenges are to be expected against this proposition. Also, the proposition says it takes effect immediately so what happens to gays that are already married?

since they were married in the between stage, which has now been made illegal, I'd say they're **** out of luck.

They can challenge all they like. Put a fork in it this time, it's done!!

I've already heard court challenges are to be expected against this proposition. Also, the proposition says it takes effect immediately so what happens to gays that are already married?

The news said people who already married can not be effected by this new law, only future marriages.

This issue can never be solved by states rights. people marry and move around from state to state. I am a huge states rights advocate but this issue needs to be a national issue. a national vote or or something.

I really seriously think if the government got out of marriage completly and said anyone can marry anyone and it has nothing to do with the govenrment, you can marry a tree or a cow or 5 men and 7 ducks and the government doesnt care or want to know about it, the issue would be solved.

Werbung:
apparently the breakdown is that 78% of those who voted for the ban against homosexual marriage were african americans. I wonder why such a high number are against it.

if homosexual marriage is a civil rights issue, it seems they would have gone overwhelmingly for homosexual marriage not against it

Back