Fed judge to rule on Calif same-sex "marriage" amendment

Why is it any of my business who marries whom? Why should I care if you have one wife or ten? Why should I care if you marry a same sex partner? As long as the people involved are all consenting adults and their actions in no way interfere with, or violate, my individual rights, then I don't care what you do, how you do it, or who you do it with... It's none of my business.

Any when I say it's none of my business... I mean it's nobodies business. For the record though.. I do think "marriage" is between a man and a woman. If that's confusing, I also think a ham sandwich is made with bread and ham. However, if you wish to call a cheese omelett a ham sandwich, it's none of my business... Just don't violate my rights or it will become my business.

I agree with you. People can call it what ever they want it wont change reality of what it is.

All I care about is if they make legal homosexual marriage then polygamy needs to be legal too and I think if 2 brothers or 2 sisters want to marry they should be able to. It would really help them out to have the other on their health insurance exc too and also when the death tax is reinstated you should be able to marry grandpa or who ever so you do not have to pay those taxes.

if there is gong to be a benny for homosexuals then by gosh it should apply to everyone.

Werbung:
if there is gong to be a benny for homosexuals then by gosh it should apply to everyone.

That's really what this is all about, government "benefits" that have nothing to do with love or relationships... I'm a single guy so I can't get the benefits that a married couple can get, does that mean singles are being discriminated against? Gays complain that they would have to marry someone of the opposite sex, rather than someone of the same sex, to get their benefits... By that logic, shouldn't I be complaining that it's necessary to get married, rather than remain single, in order to get benefits?

Rather than saying government should extend benefits to single people, I don't think there should be any benefits associated with marriage. Do away with them and this whole debate will magically disappear. In fact, do away with all such government "benefits" period... Isn't a homeowners tax credit discriminatory against renters?

The greatest benefit a government could offer me is limiting itself to the defense of my individual rights and nothing else.

That's really what this is all about, government "benefits" that have nothing to do with love or relationships... I'm a single guy so I can't get the benefits that a married couple can get, does that mean singles are being discriminated against? Gays complain that they would have to marry someone of the opposite sex, rather than someone of the same sex, to get their benefits... By that logic, shouldn't I be complaining that it's necessary to get married, rather than remain single, in order to get benefits?

Rather than saying government should extend benefits to single people, I don't think there should be any benefits associated with marriage. Do away with them and this whole debate will magically disappear. In fact, do away with all such government "benefits" period... Isn't a homeowners tax credit discriminatory against renters?

The greatest benefit a government could offer me is limiting itself to the defense of my individual rights and nothing else.

Great points about being single. I think we should be able to marry ourself then we can get a tax break.

It would be most simple to take all bennys away from everyone. we just all pay a flat 5 percent, then everyone has skin in the game as obama says. and no extra nothing for anyone,

if they dont want to do that then say any one or anything can marry anyone or anything any time for any reason in groups or in singles then we all get a chance to get some bennys ;)

Great points about being single. I think we should be able to marry ourself then we can get a tax break.

It would be most simple to take all bennys away from everyone. we just all pay a flat 5 percent, then everyone has skin in the game as obama says. and no extra nothing for anyone,

if they dont want to do that then say any one or anything can marry anyone or anything any time for any reason in groups or in singles then we all get a chance to get some bennys ;)

Or, let's allow singles to marry themselves, so that they can file joint income taxes. How's that for an idea?

Or, let's allow singles to marry themselves, so that they can file joint income taxes. How's that for an idea?

Lets just get the government out of marriage all together

what do you care if I marry a tree, my dog or myself

I personally would not marry myself, I would marry people who wanted to get on my health insurance plan and I would marry anyone I intend to inherit from or give an inheritance to. Government marriage only, I wouldn't take something God made so lightly by having a real covenant. But then again you do not need government to have a real covenant

And what do you consider the right people?

people who are competent, and are getting involved in politics in order to do what is right for the country, rather than their party or sponsors. People who view politics as a limited term of public service rather than as a career or a chance to make a fortune or gain power.

You know, people who are rarer than San Francisco Republicans in Washington.

people who are competent, and are getting involved in politics in order to do what is right for the country, rather than their party or sponsors. People who view politics as a limited term of public service rather than as a career or a chance to make a fortune or gain power.

You know, people who are rarer than San Francisco Republicans in Washington.

So do you like Palin then, for saying half a term is enough for me?

or do you not like her because she is using it to sell books and build for her political career?

So do you like Palin then, for saying half a term is enough for me?

or do you not like her because she is using it to sell books and build for her political career?

obama's first day as US Senator Jan 24th 2005. Less than 2 years later on Jan10th 2007 he says he is running for president. Doesn't do much of any work as a senator after this date except come back to washington to vote on key bills.

It seems to me that he bails after 2 years on a 6 year job.

The difference is he was paid to do nothing but run for president while Palin would rather make her own money instead of having the tax payers pay her to do her own thing like obama did.

But somehow I am not surprised you admire the way obama did it instead :)

Neither of those examples fits my description. Come to think of it, I can't think of any examples right off hand.

That's why I said that they are rarer than San Francisco Republicans.

Rarer than whooping cranes.

Maybe rarer than ivory billed woodpeckers.

Werbung:
Lets just get the government out of marriage all together

what do you care if I marry a tree, my dog or myself

I don't. But when your dog sues for divorce and you two can't negotiate the breakup, you'll demand that the government do it for you.

That's WHY the government got in the marriage business.

Back