British soldier beheaded in London street by religious extremists

9sublime

I am quite surprised this hasn't been discussed on here, unless I'm being blind and have missed it. The attacker immediately spoke to a filming bystander, relatively calmly explaining his actions:

On the afternoon of 22 May 2013, Lee Rigby, a British Army soldier and a Drummer of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was murdered by two attackers near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, south-east London.[1][2][3]
Rigby was off duty and walking along Wellington Street when the attack occurred.[4] Two men ran him down with a car, then used knives and a cleaver to stab and hack him to death.[5] The men then dragged Rigby's body onto the road. The two attackers, who remained at the scene until police arrived, told passers-by that they had killed a soldier to avenge the killing of Muslims by the British military.[6] Armed police arrived at the scene 14 minutes after initial emergency calls, shot both the assailants, apprehended them, and took them to separate hospitals.[6] Both men are of British of Nigerian descent who were raised as Christians and converted to Islam.[7]
The attack was condemned by political and Muslim leaders in the United Kingdom[8][9] and in the worldwide press.[10]I am quite surprised this hasn't been discussed on here, unless I'm being blind and have missed it.

I was just wondering, what has the coverage and perception of this incident been like in the US, as most forum members are from there?

Werbung:
I might have missed discussion of this here. I couldn't find a dedicated thread here, but I've seen it discussed on other forums. Americans are responding in two extremes it appears. On one extreme there are those urging the destruction of all Muslims. On the other extreme are the apologists who are more anxious to complain about the "white" protestors in England than about the vicious murderers who slaughtered the soldier. I find both of those extreme responses unacceptable. I believe in punishing only those who commit these horrendous atrocities.

I'd never blame an entire group for the actions of individuals belonging to that group. Nevertheless, I believe that the punishments suffered to-date by the actual murderers in these never-ending cases have been worthless as a deterent. I'm for bringing back hanging, drawing, and quartering for these bigotted, throat-cutting slimebags. As an extra touch, they should be covered in pork fat prior to being strung-up. Perhaps the radical Islamists would think twice before going into full Jihad-mode against decent human beings!

I was just wondering, what has the coverage and perception of this incident been like in the US, as most forum members are from there?
The UK has a long history of progressive polices and appeasement towards islam. Not that the US is not following that same pattern at this point. It does not surprise me to see this kind of attack in broad day light there.

Depending on which state an islamist may try that kind of craziness here, chances are they would have been gunned down by the victim or a by standard. Unlike the UK ... there are still many places here in the US where citizens can legally possess a weapon and defend themselves or others.

As far as the coverage is concerned here, our pro-islamic media is covering it but, it's not the main story by any means! Obama is busy here trying to convince the sheeple that the War on Terror is won and over!

anyone condeming this ? some imaam was crowing about teaching the bots all they knew.
some religion of peace.
when was the.last time they did somethong peaceful ?

I posted the incident in another thread regarding Islam.

Radical Islam is growing in Europe, period. There are a lot of no-go places where even the police won't go into. Sweden has had six days of rioting in the Muslim sections where they've burned cars, including the police station a school and nursery. Muslim men are out on the streets in their neighborhoods harassing women because of how they dress.

Even Merkle said that the Muslims in her country won't assimilate. A few years ago, Mohammed was the number one boys name for newborns. In 2009 London, 56% of births were to foreign born mothers.

Back in 2005, there was an English Muslim Pew Poll re; the underground bombings. While 88% said they were unwarrented, 24% said they were sympathetic to the bombers. There are approx. 3 million Muslims living in Britain with 40% of them living in London. If you extrapolate that, there could be as many as 300,000 Muslims in London who would be sympathetic to terrorists. Not a good sign. Another problem is that they are finding that second generation Muslims are even more radical than their immigrating parents.

The Home Office is set to ban most of hate preachers in the UK even if they don't explicitly advocate violence and Anjem Choudary should be the prime target because he mentored the Nigerian attacker for many years until 2011 through his banned organisation's group meetings. Britain has been too soft on Islamic extremists and Choudary was allowed to give two TV interviews in the aftermath of the Woolwich murder, praising the killers. His inner circle is posing a terrorist threat and there was another Briton under Choudary's influence who was arrested for joining a terrorist camp in Pakistan and it's quite clear that Choudary is instructing his followers to engage in terrorist activities even though he pretends to be a man of peace in public.

Radical Islamist groups which whip up hatred but do not advocate violence could be outlawed in the UK for the first time, under an attempt to curb the spread of hardline ideology being considered by the Government following the Woolwich murder. Theresa May, the Home Secretary, warned that there were thousands of people judged to be at risk of being radicalised as she set out moves to deprive hardliners of platforms for their views. They include plans to ban more organisations accused of fomenting division and to tighten the rules on their access to the internet, as well as the revival of plans for a “snooper’s charter”.

...... it's quite clear that Choudary is instructing his followers to engage in terrorist activities even though he pretends to be a man of peace in public.

Same thing coming out of the mouths of some Muslim leaders here. Lying is also encouraged in the koran, if you are in a non muslim country. Speaking with forked tongues isn't just for snakes and politicans.

I am quite surprised this hasn't been discussed on here, unless I'm being blind and have missed it. The attacker immediately spoke to a filming bystander, relatively calmly explaining his actions:

On the afternoon of 22 May 2013, Lee Rigby, a British Army soldier and a Drummer of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was murdered by two attackers near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, south-east London.[1][2][3]
Rigby was off duty and walking along Wellington Street when the attack occurred.[4] Two men ran him down with a car, then used knives and a cleaver to stab and hack him to death.[5] The men then dragged Rigby's body onto the road. The two attackers, who remained at the scene until police arrived, told passers-by that they had killed a soldier to avenge the killing of Muslims by the British military.[6] Armed police arrived at the scene 14 minutes after initial emergency calls, shot both the assailants, apprehended them, and took them to separate hospitals.[6] Both men are of British of Nigerian descent who were raised as Christians and converted to Islam.[7]
The attack was condemned by political and Muslim leaders in the United Kingdom[8][9] and in the worldwide press.[10]I am quite surprised this hasn't been discussed on here, unless I'm being blind and have missed it.

Did you read where Muslim leaders condemned the attacks, or do I need to post them.. I believe I would have done a little better job..unless I missed something.. pun intended.

The majority of Muslims are appalled by what happened in Woolwich and radical Islam is completely out of step with traditional Islam which does not support terrorism. The problem is that hate preachers can pose as legitimate representatives of British Muslims in the media and some young Muslims are being radicalised by those extremists. Converts are especially vulnerable to radicalisation and the Nigerian suspect was a Christian before meeting Choudary.

The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the Woolwich attack: "This is a truly barbaric act that has no basis in Islam and we condemn this unreservedly. Our thoughts are with the victim and his family. We understand the victim is a serving member of the Armed Forces. Muslims have long served in this country's Armed Forces, proudly and with honour. This attack on a member of the Armed Forces is dishonourable, and no cause justifies this murder."

I am the OP, and I am from the United Kingdom by the way. I was just curious as to what American coverage is like on the issue, because it's quite hard to gauge from here.

I believe radical Islam is a problem in the UK, and that as long as they foreign nationals, clear hate preachers should be deported. We are too soft on radical Islam, agreed, but we also need to stamp out the moronic thuggery and reactionary hate of groups like the EDL.

I am the OP, and I am from the United Kingdom by the way. I was just curious as to what American coverage is like on the issue, because it's quite hard to gauge from here.

I believe radical Islam is a problem in the UK, and that as long as they foreign nationals, clear hate preachers should be deported. We are too soft on radical Islam, agreed, but we also need to stamp out the moronic thuggery and reactionary hate of groups like the EDL.

Many of us in the US see your nation dying due to decades of left wing idiocy. But, the US is not far behind and on the same track to destruction.

Your denunciation of the EDL is a very common tactic used by American leftists and leftists worldwide. You see the EDL is adamantly NON-VIOLENT, yet you lump them in with radical murdering Islamists. Why? No doubt the left wing media in the UK condemns the EDL for being entirely anti-PC. Have you chosen to believe your media as an automatic mental reflex?

Why are you so intolerant of a group professing non-violence and who is merely voicing their concerns about the spread of Islam, Sharia, and Islamic terror in your nation? I would think most Limeys would find the goals of the EDL admirable....excepting those brainwashed by leftism.

Many of us in the US see your nation dying due to decades of left wing idiocy. But, the US is not far behind and on the same track to destruction.

Your denunciation of the EDL is a very common tactic used by American leftists and leftists worldwide. You see the EDL is adamantly NON-VIOLENT, yet you lump them in with radical murdering Islamists. Why? No doubt the left wing media in the UK condemns the EDL for being entirely anti-PC. Have you chosen to believe your media as an automatic mental reflex?

Why are you so intolerant of a group professing non-violence and who is merely voicing their concerns about the spread of Islam, Sharia, and Islamic terror in your nation? I would think most Limeys would find the goals of the EDL admirable....excepting those brainwashed by leftism.

it is interesting that lime has issues with EDL when they seem to want the same thing he dies.

Werbung:
You see the EDL is adamantly NON-VIOLENT, yet you lump them in with radical murdering Islamists. Why? No doubt the left wing media in the UK condemns the EDL for being entirely anti-PC. Have you chosen to believe your media as an automatic mental reflex?

I certainly DON'T see the EDL as non-violent, and nor does the rest of the country or even a lot of the right wing media here. Every demonstration they hold ends in battles with police and drunk and disorderly behavior. They are made up by a considerable number of violent thugs, football hooligans and generally violent and anti-social individuals. I have witnessed it with my own eyes.

The goals of the EDL is to stir up racial hatred; they claim to represent the English but they are the worst example of white culture in the entire world.

Back