Ahoy thar....

Furious George

Sorry I haven't been postin' around these parts lately. I'm working full-time now, and finishing up High School with online classes. I'll have some free-time in the near future, and will start posting again.

How is everyone, by the way!?

Werbung:
George, how's your dad? I've been curious about what's been happening. Please give us an update.

They said he's not in a coma anymore, but he's still unresponsive. He does, however, have a lot of movement, especially in his face and his left arm. But, there is only a small amount of movement on his right. We also got the bad news that the frontal lobe has sustained a fair amount of damage, and will probably be irreversible. From what I'm told, the frontal lobe is responsible for personality traits, so we'll see. There was also some disconnection in some nerve function in his neck, which they think is contributing to his unconsciousness and paralysis on his right side. As it stands right now, I don't have the optimism I had a week ago.

As far as legal matters are concerned, that is ALSO going downhill. My stepmom has [I was stunned when I heard this] signed away her rights to legal decisions and financial decisions. I was sure she would've tried to make some money off of this tragedy, but perhaps there is SOME good left in her heart. His medical bills will now be covered by Medic-aid [I was frightened to death when I read the budget President Bush published for 2007, and especially the major cuts to Social Security and Medicaid] and his insurance and hers are already depleted. As far as the personal injury case is concerned, we're pretty much convinced we won't be able to sue. The truly sad this is, there's no room at my house to take care of him if and when he gets out of the hospital. His mother [my grandmother] already has another disabled son [he had an anuerism years ago] living in her basement, and my other uncle and his daugther. From when he sold his house, he has a little under $20,000 left [He had to give half to my step-mom, after paying off the mortgage and whatnot] and that is not nearly enough to pay for a house up here in the mountians of NJ.

At this point in my life, I'm really questioning if there is the possibility of a God. I'm really not sure what to think.

Ah George, that's terrible. Just keep your chin up and do the best you can. Do what you need to do, you know? I'll continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts.

I am glad that you stopped back by. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's condition. I was really hoping that the news would be better. Take it one day at a time and just know we are all thinking about you and your family.

There is still a lot to be worked out, obviously. But as you noted, at least your stepmother will not be trying to feather her own nest. Adn with your father showing some small signs, perhaps there will be less damage than everyone is anticipating. There is still some hope here.

I don't really know what to say except what's been said, but I ought to let you know that I wish you all the best and simply to hang in there, like everybody else here.

Werbung:
George, I know it doesn't seem like there is a God, and I can't prove to you that He exists. I do believe that He does, however. I will continue to pray and seek Him for your dad's healing. If there's some particular way you would like prayer, please let me know.

Back