Abortion: Right or Wrong?

If a few brainless cells have the right to life then so does every living organism and you have got a lot of campaigning on your hands

You like to say that but I have provided credible, peer reviewed science that states explicitly that we are living human beings from the time we are concieved. To date, you have provided nothing but your own uneducated, unsupported, uncorroborated opinion. If that is the best you have, then you haven't got much.

By the way, can you show me in the constitution where any organism other than human beings have any rights at all?

Werbung:
Very well said. You are an exceptionally intelligent individual. How is it that you can be so wrong on capital punishment?:D:D

From a legal positivist's point of view, you have every reason to think so. The letter of the law is what it is.

What I am pointing out is the spirit of the law, owing from its very nature. The contradiction is clear and inescapable.

If a few brainless cells have the right to life then so does every living organism and you have got a lot of campaigning on your hands

No one is arguing for the right to live of all living organisms on the planet -- only human beings.

A HUMAN BEING, IN WHATEVER FORM IT'S EXISTENCE MANIFESTS, HAS THE INALIENABLE RIGHT TO LIVE FROM CONCEPTION TO DEATH.

Is that painfully hard to understand?

It is hard to understand.

Why do a few human cells with no brain have a greater right to life than any other form of life and especially that of actual people who are routinely executed in the US or bombed to death?

And you missed my point about work/debating.

No surprise there.

It is hard to understand.

Here's a thought experiment for your contemplation.

We know that matter is in a constant state of motion is it not? In the natural sciences, an entity's motion describes its nature -- its size, shape, color, state, etc?

If existence is dependent on an object's physical nature, then existence is in a constant state of flux from one moment to the next. No truth value can be discerned from an existence in flux.

But we know intuitively that that is not the case. You are the same person you are now as a few moments ago and a few moments hence. And if you suddenly became catatonic, you would still be you despite it. Therefore, we conclude that though your material constitution changes, something in you -- your essence -- does not.

It is this essence, the essence of a human being, that we assert with an inalienable right to live.

Why do a few human cells with no brain have a greater right to life than any other form of life

Because when human existence can be discerned, either intuitively or throught the operation of logic, whether in a fetus, an infirm individual, a person of different ethnicity, cultural background, gender, etc., we know that such an existence is the same regardless -- and the operation of the law, equal.

and especially that of actual people who are routinely executed in the US or bombed to death?

Here is where pale and I depart. Pale believes that due process of law can somehow strip a human being of his inalienable right. It is a patent contradiction because that is only possible IF the law conferred these inalienable rights in the first place -- as in civil rights. But we know that an inalienable right is independent of positive law.

And you missed my point about work/debating.

No. I often work while posting here. Most of the time, I work on data that takes a few minutes to a few hours to process.

No surprise there.

Indeed. I have known you were slow from the beginning.

Most of your post was gobbledegook and my point about asking you if posting here is work for you was to suggest that it can't be the other alternative you offered ie debating.

But Americans are not very smart when it comes to humour.

There is no argument that confers right to life on a few brainless cells that does not confer it on all life.

So whilst you might not be as hypocritical as palefacedliar you have still got a problem.

There is no argument that confers right to life on a few brainless cells that does not confer it on all life.

So whilst you might not be as hypocritical as palefacedliar you have still got a problem.

Actually there is. It is the same argument that confers the right to life to you. Now, if you can prove that unborns are not exactly as human as you, then you can effectively separate them from you and prove that they have no right to live. Simply saying "brainless cells" does not make an argument. It is like saying that until you have permanant teeth you have no right to live. Human beings exist before they have permanant teeth and they exist before they develop brains.

Consider children born with ancephaly. They have no brain. They will never have a thought, a feeling, feel pain, or be aware of their surroundings, but they are considered by the law to be human beings. They can not be summarily killed. Your brain is not what makes you a human being. I do invite you to try to prove that it is rather than simply repeat your non arguments ad nauseum as if the repeating constituted some sort of argument.

So far, you have failed to prove even the smallest part of your argument. By the way, I do enjoy the name calling on your part. It highlights your indimidation. You are trying to prove your bravery by impotent name calling. Look around a bit. People who are confident in their ability to defend their positions rarely, if ever, change peoples screen names. We are not intimidated. Those who routinely go about changing others screen names are most often the very ones who couldn't argue thier way out of a paper bag.

As to suggesting that I am a hypocrit. To date, you have not proved that either. You claimed that I said some things, but are completely unable to bring quotes from me forward. That would be because in addition to being a poor debater, you are a liar.

Being a human being confers no right to life.

A corpse of an ex-person is a human being but it does not have the right to life.

What happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? if a woman chooses to allow the posibility of pregnancy, then she must also accept the personal responsibility to take of a child. IF YOU DONT WANT KIDS, USE CONTRACEPTION OR DONT DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

There are lots of circumstances where a woman can get pregnant through no fault of her own.

But the thing is, that is not what this thread is all about. It is about a woman who gets an abortion, in the words of pale, without legal consequences.

Most of your post was gobbledegook...

Why am I not surprised?

But Americans are not very smart when it comes to humour.

Haven't you heard? I am not an american. And even if I were an american, there is nothing particularly humorous with your comic attempt.

Correct.

A law operates on like things.

And what problem might that be, eh?

People who don't get a joke always say it wasn't funny after they have to have it explained to them.

You seem to accept that a few brainless cells do not have a right to life so I think we are done.

Werbung:
Back