19 yr old raped @ Occupy Cleveland

dogtowner

Staff member
o-m-g

this is wrong on so many levels I dont know where to start.
but I suspect it will start with a legal action against the Occs.

According to police reports, the 19-year-old student was instructed by “Occupy Cleveland” personnel to “share a tent with the suspect due to a shortage of tents.” The suspect identified himself as “Leland” to the woman. The woman told police that after she had thought the suspect went to sleep in his own bed, she slept in a sleeping bag provided to her by the rally.

The student went to school Monday and told a teacher about her sexual assault incident in Public Square — which is being classified as “kidnapping/rape” — prompting the teacher to immediately contact the authorities.

“Occupy Cleveland” is one of many movements taking place nationwide in the wake of “Occupy Wall Street,” which is protesting against corporate greed.

Werbung:
That is pretty sad. I expected to hear about this sort of stuff though.

Sure you did! In fact, people like you and the extreme right would have made it "happen," (at least the fiction of it) if it didn't happen.

They had NOTHING to bash the protester with. . .they needed something!

And EVEN if this report is true, I don't think it is about the Occupy Wall Street, but it is about bad people doing bad things.

How many rapes do you think happen in ANY city in any given night?

Sure you did! In fact, people like you and the extreme right would have made it "happen," (at least the fiction of it) if it didn't happen.

And EVEN if this report is true, I don't think it is about the Occupy Wall Street, but it is about bad people doing bad things.

I don't have to make it up, they are doing a great job of showing us what they are. Portland has been the most fun to me

Strange how none of this happened when the Tea Party had gotten together.

The difference is amazing

Occupy Cleveland put these two in the same tent. Its just stupid of the girl to say OK, its irresponsible for the organization to have arranged it.

Occupy Cleveland put these two in the same tent. Its just stupid of the girl to say OK, its irresponsible for the organization to have arranged it.

I know, why can't they each have there own tents, with maids and ****.....

sucks for that woman..but sucks as well then you guys want to use it for your own advantage.

IF it happened, hope they jail the dude for a long time...of course with all the right wing fake stories...who knows...( like the writer who started a Riot to get a story? Gov of WI talking about sending in people to make trouble in the protests in Madison this summer, to make them look bad)

I don't have to make it up, they are doing a great job of showing us what they are. Portland has been the most fun to me

Strange how none of this happened when the Tea Party had gotten together.

The difference is amazing

First, this report is an "ALLEGED" report. And in America, people are innocent until proven guilty.

Second, there are bad people in any groups. . . and unfortunately, a group as large as the 99%ers will have bad weeds among them, so it is possible that it happened. It is even possible that it will happen again.
But the actions of 1/100 of 1% of the protesters should not reflect on the tens of thousands of protesters, who have demonstrated through peaceful protests and NO real incidents for a full month that they are NOT looking for violence and are NOT a "mob!"

The tea party NEVER reached the number of of protesters that "occupy wall street" has gathered. . .but they were ridiculous with their tricorns, their mispelled signs, and their brainless statements.

The REAL tea party stayed away from that circus, and is now beginning to join in the occupy wall street movement.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevent.

I know, why can't they each have there own tents, with maids and ****.....

sucks for that woman..but sucks as well then you guys want to use it for your own advantage.

IF it happened, hope they jail the dude for a long time...of course with all the right wing fake stories...who knows...( like the writer who started a Riot to get a story? Gov of WI talking about sending in people to make trouble in the protests in Madison this summer, to make them look bad)

mixed sex pair of strangers in a two man tent is irresponsible.

First, this report is an "ALLEGED" report. And in America, people are innocent until proven guilty.

Second, there are bad people in any groups. . . and unfortunately, a group as large as the 99%ers will have bad weeds among them, so it is possible that it happened. It is even possible that it will happen again.
But the actions of 1/100 of 1% of the protesters should not reflect on the tens of thousands of protesters, who have demonstrated through peaceful protests and NO real incidents for a full month that they are NOT looking for violence and are NOT a "mob!"

The tea party NEVER reached the number of of protesters that "occupy wall street" has gathered. . .but they were ridiculous with their tricorns, their mispelled signs, and their brainless statements.

The REAL tea party stayed away from that circus, and is now beginning to join in the occupy wall street movement.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevent.

You are right, the tea party kept it small, legal and clean :)

And she was perfectly able to say no....

and its actually possible, and even the most likely outcome, that 2 non same sex people can sleep near each other, and not rape someone...

I indicated the girl was stupid, shes a kid after all.
IThat onlt exacerbates the irresponsible act of the organizers.

That is pretty sad. I expected to hear about this sort of stuff though.

Funny that your friend left out an important information about the woman: the school she attends is a school for people with hyper activity disorder, autism, and attention deficit disorder. . .

This young woman is obviously not an "average" 19 year old. IF she was raped, the rapist should be punished to the full extend for abusing a disabled person who may not have the mental ability to give informed consent.

But . . .her disability may also have played a part in her reporting this "rape," even if it didn't really happen, if it was not a rape but a sexual encounter. . .with consent or not (the "rapist" may not even have realized that this young woman was disabled and incapable of giving informed consent).

So. . .before you try to hang the tens of thousands people who "occupy Walll street" or even the few hundreds who "occupy Cleveland," maybe we should wait for more accurate information, one way or another?

Werbung:
Funny that your friend left out an important information about the woman: the school she attends is a school for people with hyper activity disorder, autism, and attention deficit disorder. . .

This young woman is obviously not an "average" 19 year old. IF she was raped, the rapist should be punished to the full extend for abusing a disabled person who may not have the mental ability to give informed consent.

But . . .her disability may also have played a part in her reporting this "rape," even if it didn't really happen, if it was not a rape but a sexual encounter. . .with consent or not (the "rapist" may not even have realized that this young woman was disabled and incapable of giving informed consent).

So. . .before you try to hang the tens of thousands people who "occupy Walll street" or even the few hundreds who "occupy Cleveland," maybe we should wait for more accurate information, one way or another?

hyper activity disorder? are you serious? I have hyper activity disorder and I can assure you that it does not cause poeple to claim they are raped when they are not.

I left 99.9% out of the story because all I said about the story is that it was sad.

I feel bad for you, you are so desperate to defend these people, I am afraid you are going to need hyper activity disorder to be able to have the energy to keep up with all the reports about them.

Back