more trump cognitive troubles

I don’t claim to have expert knowledge of nuclear engineering, but I have served aboard a nuclear powered Naval vessel, so I do have some firsthand knowledge/experience.

All active U.S. Navy submarines (SSN, SSBN) and aircraft carriers (CVN) include the letter “N” in their type classification. The “N” literally indicates that they are nuclear powered.

If they were powered by electricity, as you wrongly assert, they would be classified as “SSE, SSBE, or CVE”.

Here’s a basic diagram of a nuclear reactor steam cycle;
View attachment 15275
Note that the electric propulsion motor is powered by a turbine that, in turn, is powered by superheated steam created by continuous fission in the reactor.

Again, you’re the only making an issue of the company name.
Yes, because the words ELECTRIC BOAT were used by Trump in some dumb speech he gave about how he would pefer to be snacked on by sharks than electrocuted. I have a sense that what is called an "electric propulsion motor" in your nifty diagram is actually an electric motor. And I am pretty sure that there likely generators, alternatos or batteries on subs as well to provide lighting and perhaps climate control.

I did not choose to name the company ELECTRIC BOAT.

I can acknowledge that much power, perhaps most power on a nuclear sub is provided by a nuclear reactor and hope that this will make you happy.

Werbung:
Yes, because the words ELECTRIC BOAT were used by Trump in some dumb speech he gave about how he would pefer to be snacked on by sharks than electrocuted.
I did not choose to name the company ELECTRIC BOAT.
Your irrelevant non-sequitur has already been noted. Please try sticking to what is actually being discussed; the energy source that powers nuclear submarines.
I have a sense that what is called an "electric propulsion motor" in your nifty diagram is actually an electric motor.