Explosion at Texas fertilizer plant

Werbung:
A sad thing when these things happen (as they do from time to time around the world).

its almost surprising that industrial accidents are so rare.but i know personally the efforts put forth to be as safe as possible.

They think it was an industrial accident, but no one is sure just yet. The site is being treated as a crime scene. Meanwhile, there is a second container that could cause another explosion.

and, of course, since people have been evacuated, there are looters. Maybe a second explosion that would take out the looters would be a positive thing.

ABC News report

I can't find any updates now that it's daylight. I heard there were dozens of blocks leveled from the explosion.

Do they even have a police dept?

of course
stoogesslapstick1.jpg

Chief Fife
hF02747B2

Federal safety panel claims ATF blocking probe into Texas plant blast

WACO, Texas – Federal agents and the state fire marshal have effectively barred a federal safety panel from the site of a Texas fertilizer plant blast that killed 15 people and injured about 200 others, hampering its investigation, the panel's chairman said.

In a May 17 letter to Sen. Barbara Boxer, U.S. Chemical Safety Board Chairman Rafael Moure-Eraso asked the California Democrat to help the board obtain evidence under control of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that he contends is essential to the board's investigation, the Waco Tribune-Herald and Austin American-Statesman reported.

"To date, the CSB has experienced significant obstacles that potentially compromise and delay our ability to complete the `comprehensive investigation' that you have rightly demanded, and that we would very much like to produce," he wrote to Boxer. The chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works has said she planned to hold hearings into the April 17 West Fertilizer explosion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this surprise anyone?

Werbung:
Back