You Should Vote If...

El Veto-Voter

You Should Vote If...

If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing bad can result from your action.

If you can accurately predict what the winning politicians will do, and that it will all be good.

If you are willing to take the blame for everything the politicians and their minions do in your name.

If you agree with everything the political system stands for and everything it does.

If you are willing to take responsibility for the next war, the next recession, the next stage of riots, the horrors of the drug wars, and the waste of trillions of dollars and millions of lives that result annually from government programs.

If you accept being pledged as collateral for the national debt.

If you would be willing to co-sign a blank-check loan for the political establishment.

If you favor terrorism, war, mass murder, theft, pillaging, corruption, and the perversion of power.

If you are corrupt and plan to profit from the system.

If you want to force your will on other people.

Consider it carefully. Considerate people don't vote.

Werbung:
You Should Vote If...

If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing bad can result from your action.

If you can accurately predict what the winning politicians will do, and that it will all be good.

If you are willing to take the blame for everything the politicians and their minions do in your name.

If you agree with everything the political system stands for and everything it does.

If you are willing to take responsibility for the next war, the next recession, the next stage of riots, the horrors of the drug wars, and the waste of trillions of dollars and millions of lives that result annually from government programs.

If you accept being pledged as collateral for the national debt.

If you would be willing to co-sign a blank-check loan for the political establishment.

If you favor terrorism, war, mass murder, theft, pillaging, corruption, and the perversion of power.

If you are corrupt and plan to profit from the system.

If you want to force your will on other people.

Consider it carefully. Considerate people don't vote.

Then you have no right , well you have the right, just not the moral ground, to complain. What you get is what you asked for.

I do not really like hearing this. I am just as frustrated as everyone else when it comes to state of our politics here and who is running the country, but I do buy into the significance of voting. It matters, and it may be corny or cliche but people are out there who would kill to have to ability to vote for their leaders. I think we have to keep that in mind and not take it for granted, no matter how frustrated or angry, or considerate, you may be. Just my opinion, though.

There as been a train of thought for a long time that if you don't agree with what any of the candidates say, then you just shouldn't vote, and while I can see the logic behind that it doesn't sit right with me simply just not bothering to vote at all. In a way, these days especially, I don't think that a voter is going to agree with everything that one or the other candidate says so it IS just going to be the case of voting for the one you agree with the most, and while that isn't really an ideal way to run a country, surely that's better than just not bothering at all?

There as been a train of thought for a long time that if you don't agree with what any of the candidates say, then you just shouldn't vote, and while I can see the logic behind that it doesn't sit right with me simply just not bothering to vote at all. In a way, these days especially, I don't think that a voter is going to agree with everything that one or the other candidate says so it IS just going to be the case of voting for the one you agree with the most, and while that isn't really an ideal way to run a country, surely that's better than just not bothering at all?

I was of the same opinion until it was pointed out to me that it isn't just a popularity contest. Voting is the act of agreeing. It is what gives them the power. So, if I vote I am taking responsibility for everything government does.

Anything that is not right for me to do to you is not right for us to do to them, and is certainly not right for government to do to everybody. Since the majority of things government does would be crimes if done by individuals, I cannot give my consent.

A much fuller explanation is at haltvote.com.

I was of the same opinion until it was pointed out to me that it isn't just a popularity contest. Voting is the act of agreeing. It is what gives them the power. So, if I vote I am taking responsibility for everything government does.

Anything that is not right for me to do to you is not right for us to do to them, and is certainly not right for government to do to everybody. Since the majority of things government does would be crimes if done by individuals, I cannot give my consent.

A much fuller explanation is at haltvote.com.
The constitution allocates the power.
This go that is very significant as whoever gets sworn in will be submitting at least one and likely more supreme court judges. And since they are to one extent or other political appointees, that can represent possibly radical change in how they function.

If people didn't vote then there would be this thing called a dictatorship. Many have died for the right to vote, and to be honest I thought the OP was a joke (is it?) because rational and intelligent people know if they want to vote and why.

Each of us have our own reasons to vote or not to, but choosing not to vote won't change the fact that votes cast will determine how the government will work. Isn't it wiser to have a say than to sulk like a spoilt child?

If people didn't vote then there would be this thing called a dictatorship. Many have died for the right to vote, and to be honest I thought the OP was a joke (is it?) because rational and intelligent people know if they want to vote and why.

Each of us have our own reasons to vote or not to, but choosing not to vote won't change the fact that votes cast will determine how the government will work. Isn't it wiser to have a say than to sulk like a spoilt child?
Yeah op and trap think they can sit it out and then bitch about the reps we v end up with. In fact theor whining is just infantile like a two year old crying for being hungry when they refused to eat their food.

Werbung:
I fully feel your concern here. It amounts to trying to be responsible and making things better instead of worse. It includes the self-condemnation if failing to "do one's duty" might cause irreparable harm (due to some ogre seizing power).

But, you don't need to worry about all that. Our votes, or lack thereof, are so insignificant that there will be no noticeable glitch, or any difference of outcome, whether you or I vote or not.

Believe me when I say that I got so involved in politics, who would win and what they would do to us... that I spent many years of my life promoting my ideals in the political spectrum. Did it do any good? I could say yes. We won a lot of battles against special interest groups and major politicans with a lot more funding than we had.

Whoopee! I could crow about our victories. But, in the long run, playing the game makes one subject to its rules. The main rule is that by playing you are agreeing to accept the outcome, and thereby to accept whatever the winners choose to do.

I am glad that Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, and other Voluntaryists have showed me the errors of my previous political activism. So, I am trying to spread the good word to others.

The sky IS NOT falling. It doesn't make any difference WHO we vote for or against. Any vote is a statement of support for the statist quo.

I can't, in good conscience, give any of them my support. The reasons are at HaltVote.com

Back