Why researchers and politicians lie about climate change

mark francis

One major reason politicians go along with the false climate change narratives is because they do not want to be given bad press for going against the publicly accepted doctrines. Many scientists go along with the poorly concluded narratives for the same reason, and clearly some promote the false narratives for money, as admitted by a handful of scientists here and there, supposedly off the record.

The Real News about Climate: CO2 Is No Threat – The Heartland Institute 2019

The Real News about Climate: CO2 Is No Threat

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool…. a friend … does work on cosmology and astronomy … wondered how he would explain what the applications of this work were. “Well,” I said, “there aren’t any.” He said, “Yes, but then we won’t get support for more research of this kind.” I think that’s kind of dishonest.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will researchers fudge numbers, cherry-pick data, or flat out lie for money? Apparently so, as seen in this quote:

Lynn Margulis disses evolution in Discover magazine, embarrasses both herself and the field – Why Evolution Is True 4-12-11

Finally, Margulis said something about my Ph.D. advisor, Dick Lewontin, that really bothered me. She characterized him as a money-grubbing scientist driven to take grant money for work that he knows is meaningless:

Population geneticist Richard Lewontin gave a talk here at UMass Amherst about six years ago, and he mathematized all of it—changes in the population, random mutation, sexual selection, cost and benefit. At the end of the talk he said, “You know, we’ve tried to test these ideas in the field and the lab, and there are really no measurements that match the quantities I’ve told you about.” This just appalled me. So I said, “Richard Lewontin, you are a great lecturer to have the courage to say it’s gotten you nowhere. But then why do you continue to do this work?” And he looked around and said, “It’s the only thing I know how to do, and if I don’t do it I won’t get my grant money.”

Werbung:
lol, science moron who doesn't understand co2 makes a thread about how climate science is fake. lol

One major reason politicians go along with the false climate change narratives is because they do not want to be given bad press for going against the publicly accepted doctrines. Many scientists go along with the poorly concluded narratives for the same reason, and clearly some promote the false narratives for money, as admitted by a handful of scientists here and there, supposedly off the record.

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool…. a friend … does work on cosmology and astronomy … wondered how he would explain what the applications of this work were. “Well,” I said, “there aren’t any.” He said, “Yes, but then we won’t get support for more research of this kind.” I think that’s kind of dishonest.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will researchers fudge numbers, cherry-pick data, or flat out lie for money? Apparently so, as seen in this quote:

Lynn Margulis disses evolution in Discover magazine, embarrasses both herself and the field – Why Evolution Is True 4-12-11

Finally, Margulis said something about my Ph.D. advisor, Dick Lewontin, that really bothered me. She characterized him as a money-grubbing scientist driven to take grant money for work that he knows is meaningless:

Population geneticist Richard Lewontin gave a talk here at UMass Amherst about six years ago, and he mathematized all of it—changes in the population, random mutation, sexual selection, cost and benefit. At the end of the talk he said, “You know, we’ve tried to test these ideas in the field and the lab, and there are really no measurements that match the quantities I’ve told you about.” This just appalled me. So I said, “Richard Lewontin, you are a great lecturer to have the courage to say it’s gotten you nowhere. But then why do you continue to do this work?” And he looked around and said, “It’s the only thing I know how to do, and if I don’t do it I won’t get my grant money.”

wow, one person says one thing about something therefore climate science is fake?
lol.
you are a science moron.

lol, science moron who doesn't understand co2 makes a thread about how climate science is fake. lol
Om yes Im sure your a expert just like you are in every thing else like science is never wrong and china is not a communist nation and no one ever had the land you live on that Jews didn't come form the same eland they are on now .

Om yes Im sure your a expert just like you are in every thing else like science is never wrong and china is not a communist nation and no one ever had the land you live on that Jews didn't come form the same eland they are on now .

so do YOU think what he posted proves that climate science is wrong?

yes or no?

yes or no?
I do think climate science is wrong about a few things unlike you lug nut . I give mother nature more credit then you do as many things affect climate to our orbit the tilt of the earth volcanic activity the sun and natural weather cycles there were dinosaurs in the aortic art one time and Florida was a ice ball at one time .
Lets not forge all the gloom and doom they forecast back in the 70s and 80 were very wrong

Yes man kind puts co2 in to the atmosphere but climate change is far more complicated then that and we are very limited in our ability to alter it as long as there are so many of us at the time.

I do think climate science is wrong about a few things unlike you lug nut . I give mother nature more credit then you do as many things affect climate to our orbit the tilt of the earth volcanic activity the sun and natural weather cycles there were dinosaurs in the aortic art one time and Florida was a ice ball at one time .
Lets not forge all the gloom and doom they forecast back in the 70s and 80 were very wrong

Yes man kind puts co2 in to the atmosphere but climate change is far more complicated then that and we are very limited in our ability to alter it as long as there are so many of us at the time.
mark claimed scientists and politicians were lying, and that global warming was fake.

do you agree, yes or no?

Do not forget grants for research 64 billion .
Thats a lot of money .
Nobody can be totally ignorant of the graft and corruption associated with government spending, including Medicare, covid relief funds, welfare, foreign aid, and hundreds of other people and projects the government spends money on. 64 billion is a lot of money, especially if billions of those allocated government dollars are destined to end up wasted in the personal bank accounts of players who know how to game the system.

Real climate scientists do not avoid data that conflicts with popular but unproven narratives. Real scientists incorporate3 all data in their research and conclusions. Here are facts no real scientist ignores or denies:

The CO2 concentration in Earth’s atmosphere is four in 10,000 or 0.0004, well under 1 percent. Please rest assured our atmosphere is not filling with carbon dioxide! Alarmists used to claim CO2 warmed Earth, but retreated, perhaps owing to fear lack of polar snowmelt would reveal their game! Now they instead claim CO2 aggravates climate changes, so a hot day will be hotter, a cold day colder. The narrative flip-flop from warming to a successor story of CO2-enhanced hurricanes is not credible. Yet it is very revealing. It’s as if a fabulist contrived a new tale, with CO2 starring again as the villain.

wow, one person says one thing about something therefore climate science is fake?
lol.
you are a science moron.
Real scientists are not afraid to confront those who disagree with them and engage in debates to work out differences to arrive at reasonable conclusions. Quacks just spout what they have been taught but cannot defend.

yes or no?
Nothing proves climate science is right or wrong but those professing experts who push one side while mocking and rejecting all data that conflicts with that one side are quacks.

mark claimed scientists and politicians were lying, and that global warming was fake.

do you agree, yes or no?
There is evidence that global warming alarmism is not supported by all scientific data or by all scientists. Real scientists accommodate all facts and evidence in their conclusions and do not push one side only while covering up or ignoring evidence that supports the other side.

Real scientists are not afraid to confront those who disagree with them and engage in debates to work out differences to arrive at reasonable conclusions. Quacks just spout what they have been taught but cannot defend.

yet more worthless posts. lol.
nothing to do with proving that anyone is lying about climate blah blah blah.

Werbung:
There is evidence that global warming alarmism is not supported by all scientific data or by all scientists. Real scientists accommodate all facts and evidence in their conclusions and do not push one side only while covering up or ignoring evidence that supports the other side.
no one denies that there are scientists who disagree. duh.
taht doesnt make it fake as you claim, science moron.

god you post the dumbest things. lol

Back