Why don't conservatives use leftwing methods - like econimc pressure?

I could care less if gays want to marry each other. Gay marriage is solely a RELIGIOUS issue. Religious issues and beliefs are irrelevent to me.

Religious beliefs are a private matter, and should remain that way, just as what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is a private matter.

I don't care if somebody is gay or heterosexual. I know some gay people, and their sexual preferences simply don't matter to me. What matters is same with anybody else I associate with: the content of their character, their integrity, their core values and beliefs, their honesty, their tolerance of differing beliefs and opinions, etc.

Who are any of us to judge a person by their sexual preferences? Who made any of us God? Who made any of us the final arbiter of ANYTHING?

Werbung:
I could care less if gays want to marry each other. Gay marriage is solely a RELIGIOUS issue. Religious issues and beliefs are irrelevent to me.

Religious beliefs are a private matter, and should remain that way, just as what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is a private matter.

I don't care if somebody is gay or heterosexual. I know some gay people, and their sexual preferences simply don't matter to me. What matters is same with anybody else I associate with: the content of their character, their integrity, their core values and beliefs, their honesty, their tolerance of differing beliefs and opinions, etc.

Who are any of us to judge a person by their sexual preferences? Who made any of us God? Who made any of us the final arbiter of ANYTHING?

Don't confuse marriage with sex - homosexuals can screw each other all day and all night and I couldn't care less. Also don't confuse it with character - I'm sure some homosexuals have good character. Further your claim that marriage is a religious issue is false - many people get married who aren't religious. The issue is homosexuals trying to hijack what has been a hetorsexual institution for thousands of years, so that they can force heterosexuals to view them as normal. Their attempt to do this is nothing about themselves, it's all about their in-your-face attitude toward heteros.

Don't confuse marriage with sex - homosexuals can screw each other all day and all night and I couldn't care less. Also don't confuse it with character - I'm sure some homosexuals have good character. Further your claim that marriage is a religious issue is false - many people get married who aren't religious. The issue is homosexuals trying to hijack what has been a hetorsexual institution for thousands of years, so that they can force heterosexuals to view them as normal. Their attempt to do this is nothing about themselves, it's all about their in-your-face attitude toward heteros.

Marriage is indeed a ceremonial RELIGIOUS tradition. Hence the reason why the vast majority of marriages are performed by pastors or reverends or other preachers of the gospel.

The people who scream the most against gay marriage are RELIGIOUS people, because they believe that gay marriage is sacreligious.

Why not let gay people get married? Look at what a JOKE marriage has become. More than HALF of all heterosexual marriages end in DIVORCE.

Marriage is indeed a ceremonial RELIGIOUS tradition. Hence the reason why the vast majority of marriages are performed by pastors or reverends or other preachers of the gospel.

The point is it is not ONLY a religious tradition - all kinds of non-religious people are married every day in civil, non-religious ceremonies.

The people who scream the most against gay marriage are RELIGIOUS people, because they believe that gay marriage is sacreligious.

Possibly true, but not relevent - marriage is NOT a purely religious institution.

Why not let gay people get married?

Your question answers itself - marriage is a heterosexual institution. It's like asking why not let the federal reserve raise pigs.

Look at what a JOKE marriage has become. More than HALF of all heterosexual marriages end in DIVORCE.

True, but not relevent. But you are strident about letting gays in on the joke.

The point is it is not ONLY a religious tradition - all kinds of non-religious people are married every day in civil, non-religious ceremonies.

Possibly true, but not relevent - marriage is NOT a purely religious institution.

Your question answers itself - marriage is a heterosexual institution. It's like asking why not let the federal reserve raise pigs.

True, but not relevent. But you are strident about letting gays in on the joke.

I agree, Rick. Marriage is not strictly a "religious" tradition or ceremony. In many states, a notary public has the power to perform marriages, not to mention mayors and justices-of-the-peace.

Heterosexual marriage is a tradition, and it should not be based on religious grounds, which it overwhelmingly is.

I find homosexuality to be disgusting, unnatural, freakish, and sickening. But those are MY opinons. I have no right to open bedroom doors and impose rules or limitations or laws against what two CONSENTING adults do behind those doors.

Let homosexuals get married. They couldn't DAMAGE the institution of marriage any more than the heterosexuals already have. In fact, homosexuals may actually return some HONOR to "marriage". Who knows?

I agree, Rick. Marriage is not strictly a "religious" tradition or ceremony. In many states, a notary public has the power to perform marriages, not to mention mayors and justices-of-the-peace.

Heterosexual marriage is a tradition, and it should not be based on religious grounds, which it overwhelmingly is.

I find homosexuality to be disgusting, unnatural, freakish, and sickening. But those are MY opinons. I have no right to open bedroom doors and impose rules or limitations or laws against what two CONSENTING adults do behind those doors.

But do you see you're confusing sex with marriage? As I've said, for all I care they can screw each other till they're cross-eyed.

Let homosexuals get married. They couldn't DAMAGE the institution of marriage any more than the heterosexuals already have. In fact, homosexuals may actually return some HONOR to "marriage". Who knows?

The issue is also not those who have dishonored the institution. That some have is not an argument in favor of homosexual "marriage". And homosexuals are INFAMOUS for their promoscuity - hardly an omen for honorable homosexual marriages. It all has to do with forcing heterosexuals to accord them "normalcy", nothing else.

But do you see you're confusing sex with marriage? As I've said, for all I care they can screw each other till they're cross-eyed.

The issue is also not those who have dishonored the institution. That some have is not an argument in favor of homosexual "marriage". And homosexuals are INFAMOUS for their promoscuity - hardly an omen for honorable homosexual marriages. It all has to do with forcing heterosexuals to accord them "normalcy", nothing else.

Do you see where you are confusing "morality" and "normalcy", both of which are subjective, with "marriage"?

I submit that heterosexuals are also "infamous" for their promiscuity, especially in today's society.

What is normal to you and I, is "abnormal" to homosexuals.

What is immoral to you and I, is moral to homosexuals.

Do you recognize that you are using ONLY stats about male homosexuals? Lesbians have less prosmiscuity than heteros, less violence, less child abuse, less VD, and almost no AIDS. By your reasoning only lesbians should be allowed to marry.

Why shouldn't everyone be equally protected under the law like it says in the Constitution?

Do you see where you are confusing "morality" and "normalcy", both of which are subjective, with "marriage"?

I submit that heterosexuals are also "infamous" for their promiscuity, especially in today's society.

What is normal to you and I, is "abnormal" to homosexuals.

What is immoral to you and I, is moral to homosexuals.

why can't gays just find one person and stay with them, you know get married?
oooo wait....

and I think your Immoral..so does that mean I get to judge you and say you can't get married as well?

last I checked being not what someone calls "normal" is not grounds for taking away there rights.

I also suggest to you that Republicans are "infamous" for their promiscuity"
Newt, Schwarzenegger, Sanford, Ensign, Vitter, Haggard ( does it count if its gay cheating?)...but I am sure many settle down with only a few wifes...Rush,McCain,.......'

Republicans should be banned from Marriage!

Do you recognize that you are using ONLY stats about male homosexuals? Lesbians have less prosmiscuity than heteros, less violence, less child abuse, less VD, and almost no AIDS. By your reasoning only lesbians should be allowed to marry.

Why shouldn't everyone be equally protected under the law like it says in the Constitution?

Becuse Jesus hates some people more then others? And we don't give rights to those who Jesus hates. Its in the bill of rights...all rights are void of a christian church says we don't like you...even if some other church says your ok...

why can't gays just find one person and stay with them, you know get married?
oooo wait....

and I think your Immoral..so does that mean I get to judge you and say you can't get married as well?

last I checked being not what someone calls "normal" is not grounds for taking away there rights.

I also suggest to you that Republicans are "infamous" for their promiscuity"
Newt, Schwarzenegger, Sanford, Ensign, Vitter, Haggard ( does it count if its gay cheating?)...but I am sure many settle down with only a few wifes...Rush,McCain,.......'

Republicans should be banned from Marriage!

What exactly are you talking about? Since you have such poor reading comprehension skills, I'll simplify what I have been posting on this topic:

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GAY MARRIAGE, and I have been debating Rick, because Rick DOES have a problem with gay marriage.

Is that CLEAR enough for you, PFOS? Crystal?

Pocket on Gay Rights: "The Rights of the minority must be protected against the will of the Majority!"

Pocket on Gun Rights: "The will of the Majority must prevail over the Rights of the minority!"

Pocket on Privacy Rights: "The Rights of the minority must be protected against the will of the Majority!"

Pocket on Property Rights: "The will of the Majority must prevail over the Rights of the minority!"

Is a majority vote grounds for denying someone their rights? Yes or No

Wow, it didn't take long at all for this thread to mutate. From Boycotts to Gay Marraige in less than 2 pages.

Marraige is considered by many to be a religious ceremony, but you do have to obtain a marraige certificate from the government in order for it to be recognized by anyone other than your Church. Spouses have more rights and obligations under the law than mere sex buddies do, so I think for that reason homosexuals need to have something that can give their partners that kind of legal standing. I don't really care what they call it, marraige, civil union, whatever, as long as they aren't denied any rights that other American citizens have.

Werbung:

So you're proposing only lesbian marriage?

Because the equal protection amendment only applies to the categories mentioned - not homosexuals.

Back