Why does Israel do what it does?

Ok. That doesn't surprise me. But all it means is that the Hebrews did the same thing the Nazis did. And their progeny is claiming moral superiority because the Nazis did it to them.

I know nothing about these Hebrew genocides you are discussing; I just saw your statement and thought I'd set the record straight. By the way, if you've never read Night, I'd highly recommend it. Just try not to read it on a full stomach.

Werbung:
???? The Jews have been in Israel since before the first Arab ever even entered the region

Actually, the majority of Israelis were born in Israel.

????? Your perception has nothing to do with reality. Israel didnt fire shells into Lebanon before the war started. Precisely the opposite. Hezbollah was firing rockets into Israel for no reason other than their desire to kill Jews.
MARK

Hezbollah held off firing rockets into Israel until well after Israel attacked them.

I don't think shes being moralistic, and neither am I. Shes just pointing out the obvious truth here, the Israelis, and the Pals, and the Hezzies are all pushing this **** forward. There is no innocent party here. They are all contributing to the bloodshed.

That's probably the best summary of the Middle East possible and the one thing that so few people grasp. Why is it that everyone feels compelled to take a side on this issue when neither side very clearly deserves our full support?

Hezbollah held off firing rockets into Israel until well after Israel attacked them.

Ooooh what freakin made up BS. Hezbollah fired a barrage of rockets as a diversion from their cross border kidnapping of Israeli soldiers, that started the whole thing.
Do you make this stuff up or did you get it off the web? Got a link. MARK

"Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_1430
???? The Jews have been in Israel since before the first Arab ever even entered the region

Actually, the majority of Israelis were born in Israel.

????? Your perception has nothing to do with reality. Israel didnt fire shells into Lebanon before the war started. Precisely the opposite. Hezbollah was firing rockets into Israel for no reason other than their desire to kill Jews.
MARK

Actually, Israel violated Lebanese airspace daily, and would continually conduct raids into Lebanon, to either assassinate leaders or kidnap suspected bad guys.

If your going to make a big deal out of the one Hezzie raid into Israel, then you have to take a look at Israels actions.

Furthermore, take a look at the Clean Break Scenario. Last years attempt to destroy hezbollah had been planned for over a decade. Furthermore, the actual plans were drawn up with the help of the US military, the hezzie raid was just the pretext the Israelis needed to do what they were already going to do anyways."
--Thank you for clarifying this ArmChair. Trust me guys. Armchair knows his history..he really know what he's talking about.

"The Jews have been in Israel since before the first Arab ever even entered the region"
--Oh really? I didn't realize that the first Arab didn't enter the land until 1949!

"Actually, the majority of Israelis were born in Israel."
--Maybe by now, but it wasn't that way a few years back.

"The Jews have been in Israel since before the first Arab ever even entered the region"
--Just because the Bible or Torah says it, doesn't mean it's true! Sure the Jews can hold it to be true to themselves, but they can't go and displace others just because their religion tells them that they used to live there a long time ago. Besides, even if it is true, I'm sure God would exile their asses right out of there for the way they've acted and screwed everything up. Besides, according to Jewish Law in the OT: It is forbidden to form alliances with foreign entities. That's why the Hebrews suffered the Second Exile. Would this law not apply to Israel being completely riliant on the U.S.? They shouldn't have alliances with the U.S. or anyone else according to the same text that tells them that they have a right to be there in the first place!!!

--Just because the Bible or Torah says it, doesn't mean it's true! Sure the

The archeological artifacts found in the region "says it" is a fact. MARK

Actually, Israel violated Lebanese airspace daily, and would continually conduct raids into Lebanon, to either assassinate leaders or kidnap suspected bad guys.

They WERE NOT "firing artillery shells into Lebanon", they did not violate airspace daily nor did they continually conduct raids into Lebanon. MARK

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N06/208/97/PDF/N0620897.pdf?OpenElement

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N06/437/22/IMG/N0643722.pdf?OpenElement

The archeological artifacts found in the region "says it" is a fact. MARK

According to the U. of Pennsylvania's Musuem of Archaeology and Anthropology - there were a mixture of peoples living in "Canaan" or ancient "Israel".

The land known as Canaan was situated in the territory of the southern Levant, which today encompasses Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, Jordan, and the southern portions of Syria and Lebanon. Throughout time, many names have been given to this area including Palestine, Eretz-Israel, Bilad es-Shem, the Holy Land and Djahy. The earliest known name for this area was "Canaan."

The inhabitants of Canaan were never ethnically or politically unified as a single nation. They did, however, share sufficient similarities in language and culture to be described together as "Canaanites."

In addition - there is no appreciable ethnic difference between early Israelites and other arabs - they were all Semetic people whose cultural, linguistic, and in certain cases, ancestral origins trace back to the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula. There was a lot of migration in and out of these lands. Some three centuries prior to the Hebrew occupation of Canaan, the land had been conquered by Egyptian armies and for a long time formed part of the Egyptian Empire. Even if you consider Israeli's as non-arab, surely the Egyptions were arabs and they apparently preceeded Hebrew rule of the area.

There hadn't been an Israeli state for over 2000 years.

The claim is that "the Palestinians were there first". When the last Israeli state had existed is irrelevant to that point. Even more so since there has NEVER been a Palestinian State. MARK

Werbung:
Back