When Does Accountability Start?

TheFranklinParty

I have been posting on this blog and others. I've posted video blogs and been on over 30 radio shows over the past year and everytime there is a question about Pres. Obama and his administration I get the same response,

"Look what Pres. Bush left for him, it takes time to clean up the mess."

OK, I'm tired of arguing this point. Here's what I propose. Tell me exactly when we can start holding this President and his staff accountable. It has been a year, since they took over. What is the actual date, that I can circle on my calendar, at which time all American's can look and say, "Enough time has gone by, now what have you done for us?"

Please let me know when the excuse of the failure of past leaders no longer will be a good enough answer.

Werbung:
I have been posting on this blog and others. I've posted video blogs and been on over 30 radio shows over the past year and everytime there is a question about Pres. Obama and his administration I get the same response,

OK, I'm tired of arguing this point. Here's what I propose. Tell me exactly when we can start holding this President and his staff accountable. It has been a year, since they took over. What is the actual date, that I can circle on my calendar, at which time all American's can look and say, "Enough time has gone by, now what have you done for us?"

Please let me know when the excuse of the failure of past leaders no longer will be a good enough answer.

Is it really that simplistic:confused: Just toss a date out there and you'll be appeased for a while...I doubt that, really, seriously I do. But in all of your frustration, your emotions remind me of the process/mourning for a loved one...as with mourning and recovery it is all relative to the NEEDS that are the greatest to you and the NEEDS that directly affect you NOW! So that time table {while it may sound comforting, something that we all long for} it is as varied to the specific individual as our DNA.

SO if nothing else will appease you; here...May 15, 2012 hows that...to me it allow plenty of time for some serious recovery for our economy fiasco, our housing market to stabilize, the stock market to be better balanced and our President to have a finite better idea of who/what/where his appointed people are doing their jobs to the complete agreement of ALL OF AMERICA! :cool:

Forgive me for mixing topics but I had to bring this one below over for clarification: Are you upset that President Obama has resolved some of the high priority issues but not the ones that you deem to be of higher priority?
Just confused by what you said and the translation in my mind! :)
Also, I have posted a challenge to everyone who uses the Bush failures as the reason Pres. Obama has solved some of our challenges. Check it out, but simply...when can we start holding our current administration accountable for their action?

how about this? what do you think is a reasonable time table to have fixed teh Econ from the hell it was in when Obama took office? How long to fix a war that Bush lost over 7 years In Afghanistan?

Looks like you have your answer.... never.

Obama will not be held accountable because he is the "Chosen One".

No matter what is posted about Obama... up pops statements about George Bush and the last 8 years.

How convenient.!!!

Obama will not be held accountable because he is the "Chosen One".

No matter what is posted about Obama... up pops statements about George Bush and the last 8 years.

How convenient.!!!

I keep thinking back all through the endless campaign season and all that was said by Obama about all the problems and how he alone had all the answers.

All talk as one would expect and even realize when he would let loose a little information about the answers he had. Trouble is, he really did think getting people to stick some foam rubber around their windows and get a tune up really would revitalize the economy.

Looks like 2010 is one election people can't wait to vote in. Just ask Dodd and Durgin... (and quite likely Reid).

Is it really that simplistic:confused: Just toss a date out there and you'll be appeased for a while...I doubt that, really, seriously I do. But in all of your frustration, your emotions remind me of the process/mourning for a loved one...as with mourning and recovery it is all relative to the NEEDS that are the greatest to you and the NEEDS that directly affect you NOW! So that time table {while it may sound comforting, something that we all long for} it is as varied to the specific individual as our DNA.

SO if nothing else will appease you; here...May 15, 2012 hows that...to me it allow plenty of time for some serious recovery for our economy fiasco, our housing market to stabilize, the stock market to be better balanced and our President to have a finite better idea of who/what/where his appointed people are doing their jobs to the complete agreement of ALL OF AMERICA! :cool:

Forgive me for mixing topics but I had to bring this one below over for clarification: Are you upset that President Obama has resolved some of the high priority issues but not the ones that you deem to be of higher priority?
Just confused by what you said and the translation in my mind! :)

I'm not sure what you meant by the "mourning a loved one" comment??? I feel a loss right now. It isn't for Bush or the conservative right, as you and some others keep suggesting. What I mourn is the lack of legitimate debate based on common sense.

I asked the question, so I have to take the answer of May 2012. I just find it hard to believe that there is no way of judging the current Presidents actions or inactions until then. It once again places us in the position of being being reactionary and after the fact. As a stock holder in America, I would like to see the current administration's strategic plan for the following issues:

• Terrorism Prevention Plan
  • Border Security Plan
  • Creating Private Sector Jobs
  • Encouraging Small Business Growth
  • Energy Dependency
  • Social Security Solvency
  • Illegal Immigrant
I promise not to rate or grade it until 2012, but I sure would like to see them thinking about these things. I intentionally left Healthcare off the list because I believe that the direction we are taking Healthcare will reduce the the quality and quantity of healthcare available to most Americans.

Yeah....we wouldn't want to bring THAT up.

It'd be....what....too-obvious???

:rolleyes:

how about this? what do you think is a reasonable time table to have fixed teh Econ from the hell it was in when Obama took office? How long to fix a war that Bush lost over 7 years In Afghanistan?

Stop living in the past and ask yourself the question, what is the plan?

First, the premise that a President caused or can heal an economy is foolish. There were a combination of errors by Congress, the Fed, the Treasury, and the private sector that caused the economy. The solution is to stop manipulating it. If we learned one thing from the Great Depression is that the more you play with it the longer it takes to self heal. FDR prolonged the depression with his meddling and we are in danger of the same thing happening again if we don't stop trying to artificially create govt. jobs.

As for the war in Afghanistan, I don't think we should be there at all. This was a search and destroy mission. The fact that Pres. Obama wanted to focus here demonstrated his lack of military experience. The target is Muslim extremists with a bent on terrorism. These people move around and don't have a head like a snake. There is nothing to cut off so it dies. If we are hunting terrorists then let's be consistent. Somalian Pirates should be first...they are low hanging fruit...then let's cut off countries who support these groups. Let's tie up their funding and their cash flow...It's time the Muslim Community take responsibility for their extremists and purge themselves of the virus that puts their entire community and religion in a bad light.

Stop living in the past and ask yourself the question, what is the plan?

First, the premise that a President caused or can heal an economy is foolish. There were a combination of errors by Congress, the Fed, the Treasury, and the private sector that caused the economy. The solution is to stop manipulating it. If we learned one thing from the Great Depression is that the more you play with it the longer it takes to self heal. FDR prolonged the depression with his meddling and we are in danger of the same thing happening again if we don't stop trying to artificially create govt. jobs.

As for the war in Afghanistan, I don't think we should be there at all. This was a search and destroy mission. The fact that Pres. Obama wanted to focus here demonstrated his lack of military experience. The target is Muslim extremists with a bent on terrorism. These people move around and don't have a head like a snake. There is nothing to cut off so it dies. If we are hunting terrorists then let's be consistent. Somalian Pirates should be first...they are low hanging fruit...then let's cut off countries who support these groups. Let's tie up their funding and their cash flow...It's time the Muslim Community take responsibility for their extremists and purge themselves of the virus that puts their entire community and religion in a bad light.

trouble is muslim govenments fear these clowns too, none moreso that Saudi Arabia.

Yeah....we wouldn't want to bring THAT up.​

It'd be....what....too-obvious???

:rolleyes:

OK, but when do we get to see or hear a plan to fix all the things that the previous two Presidents broke? And then, when do we get to properly judge it's merits?

I get it - former Pres. Bush blew it...if I give you that, then we still need answers to the above questions. It's like the adult who finds out his mother dropped him when he was a baby. "Oh that's why I've had all these problems for all these years. It's my mother's fault." At the end of the day you can blame whomever you want. The question is what are you going to do to fix it?

I'm not sure what you meant by the "mourning a loved one" comment???
This idea that you want results/pacification for your worries NOW...was similar as the PROCESS in MOURNING a loved one!
I feel a loss right now. It isn't for Bush or the conservative right, as you and some others keep suggesting.
But it isn't just a cut & dry {close those White House doors and walk away from the past...it has every bearing on the reasons that so much needs to be done now!
What I mourn is the lack of legitimate debate based on common sense.
Well, humans tend to be unpredictable and highly hysterical when their emotions are tweaked by years of frustration and economy collapse!
I asked the question, so I have to take the answer of May 2012. I just find it hard to believe that there is no way of judging the current Presidents actions or in-actions until then. It once again places us in the position of being being reactionary and after the fact. As a stock holder in America, I would like to see the current administration's strategic plan for the following issues:

• Terrorism Prevention Plan
  • Border Security Plan
  • Creating Private Sector Jobs
  • Encouraging Small Business Growth
  • Energy Dependency
  • Social Security Solvency
  • Illegal Immigrant
But whose to say that these things aren't being discussed/handled/planned...just because we aren't having the birds-eye-view of behind the doors of the White House, doesn't mean that nothing is being done!
I promise not to rate or grade it until 2012, but I sure would like to see them thinking about these things. I intentionally left Healthcare off the list because I believe that the direction we are taking Healthcare will reduce the the quality and quantity of healthcare available to most Americans.
We have made some inroads on certain things...granted there aren't any major leaping of tall buildings and blowing the debt load off of that colossal scale for FOREVER TO PAY BACK...but progress is still progress and even if we are just breaking even and moving nowhere it's better then sliding down hill...IMO

Werbung:
Back