We been helping the world when disaster strikes them? Wheres the world helping us?

Werbung:
I wish I could believe that to be true but I have to leave it at trying to be human and loving others.

Call me a cynic I guess -- but I firmly believe there are very few instances in which we do something solely out of the goodness of our heart. We always seem to derive a return benefit -- rightfully so.

Depends on who you ask.

I prefer to measure these things not by talk but from actions. the world hates us mainly because they are jealous and just maybe because they (occasionally) see us do the right thing when they do not. we make their self centric actions seem as petty and base as they are. maybe I'm cynical too : )

I prefer to measure these things not by talk but from actions. the world hates us mainly because they are jealous and just maybe because they (occasionally) see us do the right thing when they do not. we make their self centric actions seem as petty and base as they are. maybe I'm cynical too : )

I don't buy the line "the world hates us" -- and I have a harder time buying that they hate us for basically highlighting their self-centric actions.

I don't buy the line "the world hates us" -- and I have a harder time buying that they hate us for basically highlighting their self-centric actions.

I calls them like I sees them. some foreigners do not attempt to conceal their disdain, others do but are still somewhat transparent in the effort. some others still, once here, find themselves seeing it differently. but they still flock to Disney World and McDonalds is a hit worldwide. their actions do not trouble me I just note them.

This is a pathetic idea. You might not like the UN -- but it does do us some good -- and there is no harm in maintaining a dominance within the organization.

They should take all their crap and leave our soil.
Send us e-mail about what goes on in their "new" location.
We have done our part for them for decades--and they spurn us.
Tell them all to "go to hell".

They should take all their crap and leave our soil.
Send us e-mail about what goes on in their "new" location.
We have done our part for them for decades--and they spurn us.
Tell them all to "go to hell".

What is it exactly that they did to "spurn us" that has you so upset?

I think the U.N. is silly. Little dictators mostly. They can go play somewhere else.

I think the U.N. is silly. Little dictators mostly. They can go play somewhere else.

That is a poor argument -- but assuming anyone buys it -- that would perhaps describe the General Assembly, not the Security Council.

Werbung:
That is interesting...considering they have no real power. What is it that they do that you find so annoying?

power is not the issue really, perception is. all their whining only serves to make the US look bad when we just say no to some Security Council measure. and they have more power than you suggest, most of the actions the UN takes are not controlled by the Security Council.

Back