US to arm Syrian rebels

If Obama gives them weapons, it's only going to prolong the "civil war", more people will be killed, and more people will become refugees. All the refugees running into Turkey and Jordan are only going to disrupt those countries even more. 1 in 5 people in Jordan are now refugees from Syria, and Jordan doesn't have the resources they need to take care of their own people.
The results of an unstable middle east ... thanks to Obama's policies or lack there of!

Werbung:
Obama ran a great campaign...really? I could not disagree more. He won because Romney ran a shitty campaign. How a president with BO's horrendous economic record gets re-elected, is an historic first.

Obama gambled and spent a ton of money to "define" Mitt Romney in the Summer before the Republican convention. After a long primary, Romney didn't really have any money left to spend to respond to these ads. Romney had raised a lot of money for the general election, but you are not allowed to spend it until after the convention.

If you look at exit polls and match up the message Obama blasted all summer long with no Romney response, they match up pretty closely. It was quite a good campaign gamble in my view.

Hoover, Carter, Bush I all failed in their efforts at re-election with similar economic conditions. BO's first debate debacle should have sealed the deal for Mitty. But, due to Neocon foolishness and incompetence, he chose to follow a strategy that failed miserably. And the Rs have failed to learn from his mistakes.

Regarding Syria, there is no American interest requiring involvement, even a Neocon like you can't find it. BO was foolish to establish the line in the sand and could have easily backed away or denied reports of chemical weapons usage by Assad. The ME has long been a powder keg of extremism, thanks to radical Islam. America should stay out of a region full of fanatics. Little good can come from our intervention.

As I have said. I had interest in getting involved until Obama backed himself into a corner.

When has Obama ever "had" to do anything?

Less than 150 people were killed by these chemical weapons yet over 90,000 have been killed by Assad since the civil war broke out.

I don't recall Obama decalaring that civilian deaths was a "red line".

Now, we are going to send arms to the Al Qaeda supported rebels whose leader is actually seen in a video eating the hearts of their enemies on the battlefield?

Something is seriously wrong with the American government under Obama.

THIS IS NOT AMERICA!

And, you say you are on board with this????

As I said, it depends on who gets these weapons, what the weapons actually are, how quickly they get there, etc etc.

As I said, it depends on who gets these weapons, what the weapons actually are, how quickly they get there, etc etc.

You said:

Being "ruthless" doesn't automatically equate to being an al qaeda extremist. If Obama is choosing to send limited, basically meaningless arms, to rebel groups in an effort to look like he is doing somehing after his "red line" statement, then I am on board with that.

McCain is calling for "Heavy Weaponry" ... that is not exactly "meaningless arms" and does it matter what we send them? We are arming cannibalistic soldiers in the battlefield.

And, you don't see something very fundamental wrong with this?

You said:

McCain is calling for "Heavy Weaponry" ... that is not exactly "meaningless arms" and does it matter what we send them? We are arming cannibalistic soldiers in the battlefield.

I did...but McCain doesn't get to decide who gets what and where it goes.

I did...but McCain doesn't get to decide who gets what and where it goes.
Again does that matter ....

I thought this may be a good idea in the beginning but, as more details about this situation became available I quickly changed my mind.

May be you should consider the same.

Surely you don't really believe arming these horrific cannibalistic animals with even a wet paper towel is a good idea!

Not too sure BO has a good way to save face.

Either he declares it impossiible to find anyone with any support to aid and just says no or make the aid so token as to not matter.

Damned if you do etc...

You said:

McCain is calling for them, but, thankfully not getting them at least not yet. So far, the military aid has been such things as body armor and night vision goggles.

It looks to me like Obama is trying to make it appear that he was serious about the "red line" nonsense, but without actually arming the rebels.

Secondly, do you really want Americans dying to liberate Syrians from a dictator...so they can be enslaved by a new dictator?

Do I want that? You obviously haven't read any of my posts on this subject if you think I want us to get involved.

I see this battle in Syria as a "civil war" of bad guys fighting bad guys. I think that giving arms to the rebels will only cause more bloodshed and create more refugees that will detestable other countries like Jordan, Turkey and Iraq.

Again does that matter ....

I thought this may be a good idea in the beginning but, as more details about this situation became available I quickly changed my mind.

May be you should consider the same.

Surely you don't really believe arming these horrific cannibalistic animals with even a wet paper towel is a good idea!

As I have said, it depends on what we give them, what the timeline is, who exactly gets what, and what the end goal is.

As I have said, it depends on what we give them, what the timeline is, who exactly gets what, and what the end goal is.
Like Obama wanting to send tanks and jets to Egypt?

I dose not matter if we send them flowers ... this regime is still supplying cannibalistic terrorist on the battle field and that is not only anti-American , it is wrong on every level ....

Werbung:
Back