US rules out Ukraine no-fly zone after Zelenskyy appeal

reedak

1. The United States has ruled out enforcing a “no-fly zone” on Russian aircraft over Ukraine after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged Western nations to consider such a measure to stop any further bombardment by Russia.

In a video address, Zelenskyy said Russia had launched 56 rocket strikes and fired 113 cruise missiles in the past five days since the start of the war on February 24....

But Washington, which has promised military aid, rejected the call to establish a no-fly zone, saying it would be a step towards a direct conflict between the United States and Russia.

“The president has been very clear that he is not intending to send US troops to fight a war with Russia,” White House spokesperson Jen Psaki said on Monday (28 February 2022).

“And I think what’s important to note here is that is essentially what this would be a step toward, because a no-fly zone would require implementation,” she added.

“It would require deploying US military to enforce which would be a direct conflict, a potentially direct conflict, and potentially war with Russia, which is something we are not planning to be a part of.”...

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1/us-rules-out-ukraine-no-fly-zone-after-zelenskyy-appeal

2. ANKARA, Feb 4 (Reuters) - President Tayyip Erdogan said the United States and other Western nations had done nothing to help resolve the Russia-Ukraine crisis and were merely a hindrance, broadcaster NTV and Turkish media quoted him as saying on Friday....

"I have to say this very clearly: if you pay attention, the West has unfortunately not contributed anything to solving this matter," Erdogan told reporters on his return flight. "I can say they were literally only a hindrance".

"There is a serious issue in Europe now in terms of leaders who can solve this issue" now that former German Chancellor Angela Merkel stepped down, he was quoted as saying.

"When we look at...the United States, Biden has not yet shown a positive approach to the matter," Erdogan added.....

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...helped-solve-ukraine-crisis-media-2022-02-04/

3. Biden has ruled out enforcing a “no-fly zone” on Russian aircraft over Ukraine. In other words, he is telling his Russian counterpart: "Continue with your great gamble and bombing. Your aircraft have nothing to fear. Just put Ukraine and the "serious price for this short term and long term" on each side of a balance, and find out whether it is worth your efforts. Good luck!"

I compose the following Chinese poem on the White House coward’s cold response to "the most dangerous moment" that Europe has faced since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.

躲在后面当领袖
摇旗呐喊敲边鼓
山姆大叔胆小鬼
大小国家拉下水
去当炮灰与盾牌
雨过天晴才出马
自称英雄争功绩
丢人现眼到极点

Additional Reference:

Werbung:
Back