Ubuntu 11.04

Centrehalf

I just upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu 11.04. The difference between the two is dramatic. I was wondering if anyone else in here uses Ubuntu, and if you do, have you upgraded to 11.04 yet? If you have, what do you think of it?

Werbung:
don't even know what it is, so nope lol

You're not alone. This thread may have been a bad idea. Ubuntu is a Linux Distro and Linux only has about 1% of the PC operating system market worldwide, so I should have realized that the odds were that no one here would be using it, considering that there just aren't that many active users here. Thanks for replying tho...:)

Werbung:
You're right about the GUI, I'm not sure about it either. It looks more like a Mac than anything else. It's not such a big deal for me because I do most of my work from the terminal, but I'm trying to teach Linux to my nephews and the GUI change has really screwed them up, and they're not good enough yet with the command line to work around it.

Another thing I've noticed is some of my file permissions were altered during the upgrade, I've been using Ubuntu since 8.04 and this is the first time I've ever seen that happen. I'm keeping logs right now to see if there is any major change in resource usage. If there is I may move to a different Distro.

Back