Trump's bid for The White House

Alexia

Some don't see this as a surprise, but I wonder why the timing? There must be some strategy as the candidates lay the path for theirs and not much was reported about Trump before the announcement. Usually there are months of rumors and lots of public appearances, either I missed it or wasn't paying attention.

He has the money and media image, but do other politicians really respect him? As a person who has everything money can buy, can he buy his way into the Presidency?

Werbung:
You know you make some very valid points here, why now? It isn't like Trump has been someone who isn't known to people for years now. He also has had the money, and has made it quite clear that he was a conservative Republican. But he never threw his hat in the ring till now. I have to wonder what was the reason behind his timing, I have to wonder if he does have an ulterior motive.

I am really not surprise at all and I actually expected it but wondered exactly when it was going to happen.

I think that Donald Trump would make a really awful President. He would run the country like a big business and the people at the bottom would get lost in even more poverty than they are already in. I also believe that he has zero experience and sensibilities when it comes to foreign policies especially in the times we are in with threats from Russia, ISIS and China.

The prospect of a Donald Trump presidency scares the daylights out of me!

Some don't see this as a surprise, but I wonder why the timing? There must be some strategy as the candidates lay the path for theirs and not much was reported about Trump before the announcement. Usually there are months of rumors and lots of public appearances, either I missed it or wasn't paying attention.

He has the money and media image, but do other politicians really respect him? As a person who has everything money can buy, can he buy his way into the Presidency?
George W did. He didn't get voted in because he was really "not smart". But after NOT getting voted in he somehow won the election? It happened because of a lot of money and the connections that come with it.

I totally agree about his running to satisfy his inflated ego. The Presidency is not a game though, and these megalomaniacs who run to satisfy their deep desire for power and to be the center of attention are completely out of line. We need a person in office who cares about everyone and not just the deepening pockets of the already very rich. We need a person who will take care of the poor not the rich. Someone who cares about the people who are living on the streets because they do not earn enough money to provide shelter for themselves and their families.

He's been talking about it since 2012.
Doubt he is serious as Pos suggests. And I really doubt he is willing to put much of his money in it.

There wasn't much buzz about it because he, frankly, is not a serious candidate.

George W did. He didn't get voted in because he was really "not smart". But after NOT getting voted in he somehow won the election? It happened because of a lot of money and the connections that come with it.

Are liberals still stuck on this BS?

I totally agree about his running to satisfy his inflated ego. The Presidency is not a game though, and these megalomaniacs who run to satisfy their deep desire for power and to be the center of attention are completely out of line. We need a person in office who cares about everyone and not just the deepening pockets of the already very rich. We need a person who will take care of the poor not the rich. Someone who cares about the people who are living on the streets because they do not earn enough money to provide shelter for themselves and their families.

"We need a person who cares about everyone" you say - just not "the rich." Doesn't sound like you want someone that "cares about everyone."

This idea of demonizing the rich in this country is pathetic. Why is our society so against success?

"We need a person who cares about everyone" you say - just not "the rich." Doesn't sound like you want someone that "cares about everyone."

This idea of demonizing the rich in this country is pathetic. Why is our society so against success?
the Rich don't need help.. And few hate the rich just for being rich...its the system that makes a majority of rich people rich..is horribly corrupted and build a unfair playing field. People are tiered of the one rule for the poor one for the rich...Bail outs for oil while bitching about fake crap about poor people buying to much crab legs with food stamps.

the Rich don't need help.. And few hate the rich just for being rich...its the system that makes a majority of rich people rich..is horribly corrupted and build a unfair playing field. People are tiered of the one rule for the poor one for the rich...Bail outs for oil while bitching about fake crap about poor people buying to much crab legs with food stamps.

Bail outs for oil??

These "level playing field" arguments are nonsense. People don't want a level playing field - they want a leg up at the expense of another...in this case the "rich" (whatever that even means).

And shall be forevermore.
If you are gullible enough to adopt that philophy anything else is an easy sell.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that. I promise! But when you say "philophy" you do mean philosophy, right? My autocorrect wreaks havoc on a lot of my posts. Anyway, if I'm understanding correctly, what you're trying to say is people who adopt the philosophy that the constituton should NOT be pooped on, and some d- bag shouldn't be able to buy the most important job in the country so that they can fuck things up for years and years even after they leave office shouldnt be forgotten because we are at risk of it happening again if the d-bag's brother decides its his turn to buy it... Are just gullible?

It happened. And gullible is believing its not going to happen again. If it had been a democrat that lost the election and bought the presidency republicans would be going absolute nuts. But it was a member of their own party, so it should just be forgotten? Look at all the ridiculous attempts to get Obama kicked out of office with the most ridiculous scams and lies i have ever seen. But republicans would just let it go if he did what bush did?

I don't like bigots, cheaters, spin doctors, or elitist who think they can do whatever the want and it's okay because they have money... and because they're white men, of course. But if i haven't seen someone's face on the cover of Forbes, I'm going to assume they aren't as bad of a person as they try to make us believe.

But then again, I'm a dreamer.

I choose to believe that everybody has some good in them. No one is COMPLETLY bad. But then damn conservatives have to open their mouths and burst my bubble. Hell, they probably tell children in poor families that Santa isn't real. I'm not going into all the terrible names I call the right behind their backs, ( you know... like hypocrit, liar, republican, elitist, evil... Stuff like that). But all of those people should be ashamed of themselves. It makes me wonder if some of those hypothetical bad people had hypothetical parents at all, to teach them right from wrong.

Werbung:
After watching Donald Trump:2016 Announcement
egomania, in my opinion, he's got billions of dollars worth of ego to boast about, "American Dream is Dead, I will bring it Back."
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/trump-american-dream-dead-i-will-bring-it-back

Furthermore, he says that "America needs truly great leaders..."

I admire Trump's brave and direct-to-the-point truthfulness about what he will do for his country and countrymen. At his 2016 Announcement for Presidency, did he sound like an obsessively self-absorbed American president? I know who is ...

Donald Trump has my vote...

Back