Thomas Jefferson and Equality: Making America

The Genius of Thomas Jefferson

Abraham Lincoln admired him. So did Franklin Roosevelt. So did John F. Kennedy. Dozens of other presidents expressed similar sentiments. They were talking about Thomas Jefferson, America’s third president. Carol Swain explores why their praise was so well deserved.

YOU ARE SILLY

Mr. Lincoln hated Thomas Jefferson as a man,” wrote William Henry Herndon, Lincoln's law partner of 14 years — and “as a politician.”

Werbung:
YOU ARE SILLY

Mr. Lincoln hated Thomas Jefferson as a man,” wrote William Henry Herndon, Lincoln's law partner of 14 years — and “as a politician.”
I feel that way about a lot of Political figures. I liked trumps policy's except his spending but do not like him as a person.I like carter as a person but he was a poor president

I feel that way about a lot of Political figures. I liked trumps policy's except his spending but do not like him as a person.I like carter as a person but he was a poor president
THat is not at all like what Herndon said. Lincoln felt Jefferrson's thought was the guiding star of his life.

April 6, 1859: Letter to H.L. Pierce

In this letter Lincoln explains his thoughts on Thomas Jefferson and the phrase "all men are created equal."

All honor to Jefferson - to the man who, in the concrete pressure of a struggle for national independence by a single people, had the coolness, forecast, and capacity to introduce into a merely revolutionary document, an abstract truth, applicable to all men and all times, and so embalm it there, that to-day, and in all coming days, it shall be a rebuke and a stumbling-block to the very harbingers of re-appearing tyranny and oppression.

With the all men are created equal thing. I never agreed in it. Some men are stronger smarter, faster and some have deformities,I alway considered it to refer to we are created all equal in innocence but things mold our lives.

you: "But how do we reconcile the obvious contradiction between Jefferson's words about freedom and his actions as a slave owner? Dinesh D’Souza answers this question."

my god you're stupid. this video did NOT reconcile them. duh. they reconciled his actions as a founding father who pragmatically needed to not try to eliminate slavery in the country legally, with those words, but not with his PERSONAL actions as a slave holder. duh.

if he truly believed his words he would have freed is own PERSONAL slaves, moron.
but he didn't.

he was a hypocritical money grubbing person :)
Jefferson had some right ideas, but every remaining indication suggests he was on the wrong side of God.

Here we go again. Inject god as the excuse when you have nothing.
I have plenty. You cannot deny that the man who owned 600 slaves also disrespected God, proving American founding fathers who supported slavery were not God-honoring Christians.

I have plenty. You cannot deny that the man who owned 600 slaves also disrespected God, proving American founding fathers who supported slavery were not God-honoring Christians.
Slavery is actively confined in the old testament and us certainly not frowned upon in the new one.

I'm proud to believe they weren't gullible fools like you. Imagine if a godbotherer like you were in charge of things. Lord help us.

Slavery is actively confined in the old testament and us certainly not frowned upon in the new one.

I'm proud to believe they weren't gullible fools like you. Imagine if a godbotherer like you were in charge of things. Lord help us.
I don't know if you are finding fault with God or unjustly blaming American Christians for slavery, but both are wrong.

Werbung:
I don't know if you are finding fault with God or unjustly blaming American Christians for slavery, but both are wrong.
There is no fault with God because there is no god.
I never mentioned about Christians and slavery but clearly that part of history worries you.

Back