THIS is as Stupid As It Gets ... Well, Maybe Not. Shouldn't Underestimate the Left.

GBFan

THIS is the kind of rank stupidity that masquerades as logic on the left .... read it, understand the sheer idiocy of it, and weep.

-----------------------
by Jimmy Williams

I’ve finally come clean with myself: President Obama, after nearly seven years of being in the White House, can’t do anything right…if you’re a Republican.

Of late? Obama gets an American POW out of captivity. What does he do in exchange? He releases five Taliban dudes who’ve been held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for years. They’ll go to Qatar, where they’ll be monitored by both the Qatari and U.S. governments.

Here’s the dirty little secret that the GOP is ignoring: those five dudes would have to be released at the end of the year. Why? Oh because we are ending our war in Afghanistan. When you end a war, you give the other side back their POW’s. That’s what other governments do for our POW’s and we do the same. In every war we’ve ever fought (Vietnam was more than a little spotty, I’ll totally admit that), we’ve given back the other side their POW’s.

Now the GOP will say we shouldn’t have given them back, that we should keep Guantanamo Bay open until the end of time. Hell, the GOP will say let’s keep tens of thousands of troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria and any other country where the vast military industrial complex can make a damn buck. But here’s the deal, if we didn’t give them back, we’d be breaking the law aka the Geneva Conventions. The only circumstances under which we could keep these five Taliban would be if we put them on trial and that’s not happening folks.

The sicker part of this whole thing is that many are beating the hell out of Obama because they doubt Bengdahl’s patriotism and loyalty to America. Apparently, the Army Sergeant walked off his base and several of his comrades were killed searching for him. Both of these are tragic but that, my friends, is why we have courts of law and in this instance, a military court of law. He should be investigated and tried and if found guilty, then he’ll go to the brig for a long time as he should.

But, let’s just cut the bullshit here. If Obama had left that POW sitting over there, they’d criticize him. Instead, he brings him home and he’s wrong for it. Face it folks, there’s never ever going to be a single thing that President Barack Obama will ever do that the GOP will a) like b) think is right and c) not criticize.

Ever.

----------------------------------------------------

It's all about Obama - all the time. It's NOT about national security, it's NOT about illegal negotiations with terrorists, it's NOT about the rule of law.

It's all about Obama ....

Werbung:
Back