The use of force

Neutral Evil

I live in a community that is afraid to apply pressure to people in order to make them conform to society. We are all free to live, so long as we can afford it and don´t break the rules. By the same token we are free to starve. The land of Catalunya lived under the oppresive rule of Paco until 1976, so they are not going to follow suite and oppress others. This means they won´t use any direct methods to make people contribute in society in anything more than bills and tribute to the environmental maintenence. I take offense to this. We ought not to let people be unemployed, but to find ways to make them work. :mad:

Werbung:
Your position sounds reasonable enough to me. No one should be allowed to starve, or to live in direst poverty.

On the other hand, what if someone WISHES to starve, and states as much, in no uncertain terms? Would you then deny them the freedom to starve?

I live in a community that is afraid to apply pressure to people in order to make them conform to society. We are all free to live, so long as we can afford it and don´t break the rules. By the same token we are free to starve. The land of Catalunya lived under the oppressive rule of Paco until 1976, so they are not going to follow suite and oppress others. This means they won´t use any direct methods to make people contribute in society in anything more than bills and tribute to the environmental maintenance. I take offense to this. We ought not to let people be unemployed, but to find ways to make them work. :mad:

I'm surprised Catalunya hasn't developed an immigration policy with the US. Here, we reward sloth and punish those who are productive and thrifty.

Werbung:
Back