The One and only: God.

Hmm

It's the impossible triangle. Draw a triangle, and put all seeing at one corner, all loving at another, and all powerful at the last. God claims to have all these charactaristics, but in the end you have to cover one of them up to explain evil in the world.

He cannot be all loving, and all powerful, and all seeing, but allow evil.
He could be all loving, and all powerful, but not see the evil.
He could be all loving and all seeing but not powerful enough to stop the evil.
He could be all powerful and all seeing but not loving enough to stop the evil.

Anyone one of these statements defeats Christianity.

Not a shred of truth in any of those.

Werbung:
Sorry God, but you lost out to money a long time ago. Though it's quite amusing that you still keep trying.

Nietzsche has confirmed that you are dead for quite some time, a lot of people can't let you go though. But then again there are still some people who believe that Elvis or Tupac are still alive.

ELVIS IS DEAD??????????:eek:

What's next Santa doesn't really have Reindeer?????????
:D

This thread reminds me of an old joke.
A clearly disturbed man was being interviewed on the ward of a mental institution and was asked why he believed he was Napolian. The man responded in a firm voice "Because God said I am"... Following a brief pause a louder voice could be heard comming from further down the ward, "I DID NOT!"

Not a shred of truth in any of those.

This bloke has a tendancy not to elaborate, he comes out with more ****ty one liner posts than I do (I've gone into rehab for that).

God is supposed to be all loving, all powerful and all seeing. If so, why does he allow evil?

1. If he could see the evil, he would know it was there.
2. If he was all loving, he wouldn't allow it to happen.
3. If he was all powerful, he would be able to stop it.

But somewhere down the line in these three steps, there is evil. So he has to be either not loving enough, powerful enough or just cannot see the evil in the world.

This thread reminds me of an old joke.
A clearly disturbed man was being interviewed on the ward of a mental institution and was asked why he believed he was Napolian. The man responded in a firm voice "Because God said I am"... Following a brief pause a louder voice could be heard comming from further down the ward, "I DID NOT!"

I love it!!!!!!!! :D

Why did God create AIDS, Smallpox...the Bubonic Plague?

Why did god create some 500,000 different species of Beatles?

Sorry general, but there were only four official Beatles: John ,Paul George and Ringo. Many have been credited as being the "fifth Beatle" such as : George Martin, Billy Preston and Brian Epsteine. However the offical number remains at four.
Perhaps you are refering to beetles when you ask about 500,000 species. 500,000 species of any thing is an illustration of evolution gone wild and is an elegant argument against inteligent design and ceationism in general.

Sorry general, but there were only four official Beatles: John ,Paul George and Ringo. Many have been credited as being the "fifth Beatle" such as : George Martin, Billy Preston and Brian Epsteine. However the offical number remains at four.
Perhaps you are refering to beetles when you ask about 500,000 species. 500,000 species of any thing is an illustration of evolution gone wild and is an elegant argument against inteligent design and ceationism in general.

Hey ArmChair, I think you just lost your point.

Semantics aside, it was a good point. If God created all this specifically (and if He's all-powerful it's hard to imagine things getting out of His control) why do we have things like interstellar dust or deep sea trenches or politicians?

If God exists, why would he leave us in any doubt of which religion is correct. At least then we would have a fair chance of living our lives correctley, because we wouldn't be so ****ing confused with everyone telling us that their religion is the right one.

Werbung:
If you watch The Devil's Advocate they make an excellent point: Why would God have all these rules and stipulations for entering heaven, and then give man free will? God created Earth and Hell and Man and then made sure that Man had the capacity to end up in Hell rather than Heaven. If we're to believe that God created all of this...why the sadism?

Back