The Constitution...better than Charmin?

bododie

Bill To Abolish The 22nd Amendment

President For Life To Become A Possibility?

"Representative Jose Serrano (D) has introduced a bill in the House to abolish the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which limits presidents to two consecutive terms or ten years in office."

Werbung:
why do you care since its has a zero percent chance of support? And cmoe one Republicans wanted Reagan added to mount Rushmore for god sacks...get over it.

being stuck with a mans picture is not as bad as being stuck with the man "lording" over us.

you say it has zero chance, I dont know if I agree. I see a whole lot of mindless morons running the show drooling with adoration like zombies over a single guy

I think it could pass but I hope you and bunz are right and no one would vote for it.

Seems like a cheap-shot, the man isn't even in the office yet and you've already decided that he's a failure.

for what is important to me as an American, yep I agree I see failure.

much like those who did not like bush from day one. Funny how those same people expect more from us than they ever gave themselves.

I have learned cheap shots from the libs, I have learned what dissent is and how patriotic it is.

I never used to say out loud when I did not agree with the president, but I have learned its actually patriotic, so its all good :)

he may be everything you want in a man or god or messiah or president but he is not for me and Ill say so

being stuck with a mans picture is not as bad as being stuck with the man "lording" over us.

you say it has zero chance, I dont know if I agree. I see a whole lot of mindless morons running the show drooling with adoration like zombies over a single guy

I think it could pass but I hope you and bunz are right and no one would vote for it.

you think it could pass? do you know anything about politics or do you just randomly guess at this stuff? because its a zero percent chance, anyone who knows anything about polling, politics, and laws, knows this is a Zero chance bill.

Oh give it a rest. The fact of the matter is that this legislation dates back to at least 2005. It is another example of a bill that gets introduced annually at the begining of the Congressional session and doesnt even make it out of committee.
Before an amendment can take effect, it must be proposed to the states by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress, and ratified by three-quarters of the states.

Obamanation by jumping on any bandwagon that you percieve might "help" Obama in some way, and then describe anyone who happened to vote for him as drooling brainwashed bots adds zero credibility to your cause. Do yourself a favor and give a quick google search before you get yourself tied up in knots over a piece of Dead On Arrival legislation.

Bill To Abolish The 22nd Amendment

President For Life To Become A Possibility?

"Representative Jose Serrano (D) has introduced a bill in the House to abolish the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which limits presidents to two consecutive terms or ten years in office."

bododie, when starting a thread such as this, it is generally required that you provide a link to where you got this information, as it is not an original op-ed piece by you.
It does everyone a favor for a few reasons. A, it minimizes any potential for plagarism(not that this is the case here, but it has happened with others) and also it gives those who are interested in replying to the thread a common source for the topic making the discussion much more streamlined. Please just include a quick link in the future and any confusion will be largely eliminated. Thanks.:cool:

Oh give it a rest. The fact of the matter is that this legislation dates back to at least 2005. It is another example of a bill that gets introduced annually at the begining of the Congressional session and doesnt even make it out of committee.
Before an amendment can take effect, it must be proposed to the states by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress, and ratified by three-quarters of the states.

Obamanation by jumping on any bandwagon that you percieve might "help" Obama in some way, and then describe anyone who happened to vote for him as drooling brainwashed bots adds zero credibility to your cause. Do yourself a favor and give a quick google search before you get yourself tied up in knots over a piece of Dead On Arrival legislation.

I never jumped on a bandwagon, I simply replied to someone else thread. and pointed out my distrust in the mindless zombies who follow after obama like a god or messiah. if there is a problem with me posting to someones thread then ban me now bunz, if not then leave me alone and go make a new thread about the evils of sarah palin! She has to have done something new that is evil and wrong, its been a whole week since you have bashed her

You might want to learn what it actually takes to pass a federal constitutional amendment. This doesnt have a chance in hell.

Didn't you say the same thing about the H.R. 45 bill on gun control just a few threads ago? Awful optimist considering democrats kinda own everything currently. You see this as typical political posturing... I see it as the beginning of a trend.

Mark my wordz Bunz,... even one of these bills passed has the potential of devastating American Lifestyles. Since these are the only bills i see being passed up... Its not looking hopeful for the future.

Werbung:
With that being said thou... It is quite obvious that this will probably be D.O.A when seen in congress... but then , why even submit legislation for it then? What point does it truely even serve?

The only president to ever get elected more then two times did so only because of a state of world war was happening at the time.

So why even bother trying to change an amendment that has proven its worth over decades of politics?

BTW Pocket? Unless you have actual information on bill passing in accurance with amendments like the above ... don't try to jump on Bunz bandwagon ripping NoObamanation for things You yourself have no clue of.

Here's a start to your research Pocket!!! http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a_bill_get_passed_in_congress

followed by a bit more information here
http://www.votesmart.org/index.htm

Next time try using the grey matter stuck between your ears before openly critizing people on subjects you are not well versed in.!!! :D

Back