The Conservative Hypocrisy...

what I want to know is, what exactly are you blaming animal rights activists for? I am an AR activist and I just fail to see any connection between smoking bans and AR...

by saying that the issues you listed are 'at least 100 X more important' you are feeding the ignorance that is already everywhere.
Ok, I'm ignorant. What the ****'s so important about animals?

Werbung:
For the record, methane gas is worsening the greenhouse effect, and is caused by factory farming. So thank you for implying that I have no idea what I am saying, but believe it or not I do have High school diploma, and I do go to college.
:thumbup:
You have every right in the world to hold your opinions, as do I. and I believe that by blocking out anything you do not feel fits your agenda at the moment you are spreading the same sort of ignorance that is causing the problems you say are so important.
There is some common ground between human and animal issues, and I personally believe they are both important. That is my personal priority, nothing more nothing less. Just because some are more important to you than others does not mean that they have to be that way to me...
Dissent is patriotic, and as such is a necessary part of democracy. Don’t forget that.

Preach on, I honestly want to know. If you want me to respect your opinion, supporting it would be more effective than telling me to **** off.

Martyr; The reason Animals were brought into this thread in the first place was because there was a comment made about smoking bans and Animal rights activists.

For the record, methane gas is worsening the greenhouse effect, and is caused by factory farming. So thank you for implying that I have no idea what I am saying, but believe it or not I do have High school diploma, and I do go to college.
:thumbup:

True, but you're spreading yourself too thin when you support 1,000 causes. Like in life, Politics has PRIORITIES. If you see a dying child on teh street, do you really think Animal Rights are something you should be equally or even marginally worried about?

You have every right in the world to hold your opinions, as do I. and I believe that by blocking out anything you do not feel fits your agenda at the moment you are spreading the same sort of ignorance that is causing the problems you say are so important.

I'm not trying to block anything out. As I stated, I too, am for Animal Rights, I just feel that when we solve problems that are much more devastating and tangible, we can then focus on the smaller, more workable solutions.

Here's an example; After 9/11, do you think they focused on clearing the dust and rubble at the same time? No, they focused on the rubble. It was more bulky, and inhibited navigation in the area. It's much more tangible to tackle big things first, and worry about the small things later.

There is some common ground between human and animal issues, and I personally believe they are both important. That is my personal priority, nothing more nothing less. Just because some are more important to you than others does not mean that they have to be that way to me...

Ok, what do you propose we do to tackle Animal Rights? Establish another Government Agency? Spend billions more? That's more billions we have to borrow from Foreign Investors. Let's also tackle the THOUSANDS of other, petty issues. Smoking Bans. Political Correctness. etc. We have more impotant things to devote our resources and time to. I'm sorry.

Dissent is patriotic, and as such is a necessary part of democracy. Don’t forget that.

I just had a lengthy debate on Dissent. I'm perfectly aware of the characteristics and importance of dissent.

I just read the very first post here by Furious George, and it almost made me cheer aloud. Liberals ARE trying to maintain the principles that democracy was founded on. YES, we are patriotic.

I just read the very first post here by Furious George, and it almost made me cheer aloud. Liberals ARE trying to maintain the principles that democracy was founded on. YES, we are patriotic.
So there! HaHa

America has multiple value systems. It is not only Liberals that are trying to protect those principles, but conservatives too.

The founders of America beleived in Capitalism (along with a small government), it was one of their strongest ideas. When was the last time you heard a liberal group promote the idea of a free market. Hardly, if ever!

That is quite true Brandon; Conservatives do tent to be more supportive of Capitalism and free market.

True, but you're spreading yourself too thin when you support 1,000 causes. Like in life, Politics has PRIORITIES. If you see a dying child on teh street, do you really think Animal Rights are something you should be equally or even marginally worried about?

So i am not sure how this doesn't make animal rights important (especially when huge numbers of animals live on factory farms without basically any freedom for movement etc). i think society can solve both animal rights and other issues and do not see the contridiction here.

peace

-todd

well probably should start another thread but i don't believe that an extreme free market is benificial to the vast majority of the population. I don't see how concerns like worker rights, the enviornment etc can be addressed by it.

peace

-Todd

America has multiple value systems. It is not only Liberals that are trying to protect those principles, but conservatives too.

The founders of America beleived in Capitalism (along with a small government), it was one of their strongest ideas. When was the last time you heard a liberal group promote the idea of a free market. Hardly, if ever!

So i am not sure how this doesn't make animal rights important (especially when huge numbers of animals live on factory farms without basically any freedom for movement etc). i think society can solve both animal rights and other issues and do not see the contridiction here.

peace

-todd
THANK YOU TODD!!!!!!!
At least YOU know where I'm coming from

Werbung:
Back