The biblical conundrum

Werbung:
because you chose not to.
Belief is not a choice it is a reaction to the claim and the evidence put forth... I cannot buy stock in an incredulous claim no matter how much I want it to be true. I would love for their to be a jolly fat man that gives me presents every year.. So does that mean I can choose to believe in santa?

did I say I heard voices ? glad you are less of a threat now.
You said there was a disembodied entity speaking to you from outside the natural world. There is medication for that...

Belief is not a choice it is a reaction to the claim and the evidence put forth... I cannot buy stock in an incredulous claim no matter how much I want it to be true. I would love for their to be a jolly fat man that gives me presents every year.. So does that mean I can choose to believe in santa?

belief is without question a choice. if the nature of your belief is as trivial as some elf giving you toys you're bound to be disappointed.

You said there was a disembodied entity speaking to you from outside the natural world. There is medication for that...

there are many ways to speak, some even involve words.

belief is without question a choice. if the nature of your belief is as trivial as some elf giving you toys you're bound to be disappointed.
That tends to be the problem with your belief... You don't question it.

there are many ways to speak, some even involve words.

They are words dog, some of them my be larger than you are accustomed to but I assure you they are words.

That tends to be the problem with your belief... You don't question it.

Even Christ questioned it. One cannot know with absolute certainty which is where faith comes into play.

They are words dog, some of them my be larger than you are accustomed to but I assure you they are words.

Perhaps you too will come to know God and be as blessed as I have been, then you will understand.

Why dont you have faith in thor? krishna? lord xenu? athena? If all you offer to prove you claims is faith then there are literally thousands of gods you cannot separate yourself from.

Don't you find it fascinating that the anthropology of man's spirit has always sought out a diety? Isn't that in itself proof of his existance? Why does man even have a capacity for religion?

Don't you find it fascinating that the anthropology of man's spirit has always sought out a diety? Isn't that in itself proof of his existance? Why does man even have a capacity for religion?
It is quite interesting that our self-aware nature and relisation that we will one day die will lead to us creating an escape mechanism for death even if only imagined. I find it to be intriguing but not unique to modern humans and not proof of a deity.

Even Christ questioned it. One cannot know with absolute certainty which is where faith comes into play.

Perhaps you too will come to know God and be as blessed as I have been, then you will understand.

Perhaps Thor will one day reveal himself to me.

Then why don't you defend it? Im sorry but telling me it is defensible ad nauseum does not make it so.

1 Peter 3:15 you are supposed to defend the faith.
If they won't listen..wipe the dust off your feet and move on...

kinda what we've been doing. if he wishes to understand the Holy Spirit will make it happen.

1 Peter 3:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Certainly but you dont even stop long enough to dust off your feet... Certainly you would agree shouting "Jesus is Lord" and walking away is not going to convince anyone.

Werbung:
Certainly but you dont even stop long enough to dust off your feet... Certainly you would agree shouting "Jesus is Lord" and walking away is not going to convince anyone.

not supposed to. convincing is the work of the Holy Spirit. we are charged with exposing you to the idea.

Back