Tebow and the Left's Religious Bigotry

Werbung:
To my two wonderful and loving libs who both posted the above silly posts.

Please read the following and please come to realize that without Christianity western civilization would NEVER have come about. Please try to let those awful liberal chains that bind up your brain and prevent you from thinking logically leave you in 2012.

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

Professor and author Thomas E. Woods has mustered convincing evidence to establish the overwhelmingly positive role of Christianity (as it was then personified in the Roman Catholic church) during the era after the fall of the Roman Empire. The church offered major contributions in the development of civilization, science, and free governments:
1. It was the Catholic church that was responsible for what has become known as the scientific revolution through its creation of the university system.
2. Catholic priests were pioneers in the fields of geology, Egyptology, astronomy, and atomic theory.
3. Medieval monasteries were responsible for either preserving from classical times (generally accepted as the era of the Greeks and Romans), or initiating on their own, significant advances in agriculture.
4. Medieval monasteries pioneered the use of water power, factories, and metallurgy.
5. The church was pivotal in the preservation of the written words of the ancients—perhaps even literacy itself.
6. Early Christian theology was the foundation of the Western legal system (the rule of law) as well as international law.
7. Christian philosophy led to challenges to slavery in both the Old and New Worlds. And, of great import, the moral code of the West, including belief in the sanctity of human life and marriage, derived from Christian teachings.
Despite these achievements, great negativity has crept into modern thinking when it comes to evaluating the influence of Christianity in human progress. Many contend that religious faith is at the root of most of the world’s historical woes, blaming it for poverty, war, atrocities, bloodshed, genocide, slavery, and even the most subtle intolerance or personal bigotry. How many wars have been fought, how many people killed, in the name of religion? The question is frequently asked.
Woods responds to this viewpoint:
That Western civilization stands indebted to the Church for the university system, charitable work, international law, the sciences, important legal principles, and much else besides has not exactly been impressed upon them with terrific zeal. Western civilization owes far more to the Catholic Church than most people—Catholics included—often realize. The Church, in fact, built Western civilization.
Western civilization does not derive entirely from Catholicism, of course; one can scarcely deny the importance of ancient Greece and Rome or the various Germanic tribes that succeeded the Roman Empire in the West as formative influences on our civilization. The Church repudiated none of these traditions, and in fact absorbed and learned from the best of them. What is striking, though, is how in popular culture the substantial—and essential—Catholic contribution has gone relatively unnoticed.
Another scholar who has devoted much of his career to writing on this subject, Rodney Stark, explains in a number of his works how Christianity affected the development of the West. He argues that it was Christianity’s devotion to reason that distinguished it from other religious faiths and allowed its adherents to progress as they did:
While the other world religions emphasized mystery and intuition, Christianity alone embraced reason and logic as the primary guide to religious truth. . . . [F]rom early days, the church fathers taught that reason was the supreme gift from God and the means to progressively increase their understanding of scripture and revelation. . . . Encouraged by the Scholastics and embodied in the great medieval universities founded by the church, faith in the power of reason infused Western culture, stimulating the pursuit of science and the evolution of democratic theory and practice.
Another author, David Brog, argues that the early Christian Jews were the first champions of human rights. For example, even among the most civilized cultures, they were the first—and many times the only—defenders of infants and children.
The Romans were proud practitioners of infanticide. So were the Greeks before them. Both Plato and Aristotle recommended that the state adopt a policy of killing deformed infants. The Roman philosopher Seneca wrote approvingly of the common practice of drowning abnormal or weak children at birth. The earliest known Roman legal code, written in 450 BCE, permitted fathers to kill any “deformed or weak” male infant or any female infant, no matter how healthy. Indeed, female babies were the primary victims of Roman infanticide.
http://ronloney.wordpress.com/2011/...chris-stewart-and-ted-stewart-copyright-2011/

I suggest you get this book and read it. It might save you from the hellish liberal existence you currently suffer.

THE MIRACLE OF FREEDOM — 7 TIPPING POINTS THAT SAVED THE WORLD by Chris Stewart and Ted Stewart

And if there was NO man made religion at all. . .the world would be even nicer and safer. . .no more religious wars, no more prejudices, no more interfering in political decisions.

Yes, man made religions (all man made religions) have not been kind to humans! They have divided us instead of uniting us.

I agree totally. Islam is a man made religion. Christianity is a philosophy. The Christian/Judeo philosophy part of the world is much more civilized than the Islamic philosophy world. The Christian world continually progresses while the Islamic world fights to stay in the dark ages.

And if there was NO man made religion at all. . .the world would be even nicer and safer. . .no more religious wars, no more prejudices, no more interfering in political decisions.

Yes, man made religions (all man made religions) have not been kind to humans! They have divided us instead of uniting us.

Communist China is generally devoid of religion, doesn't stop them from doing an y of these things. You need to see the difference between God and man.

Exactly. . .I believe in God.

I do not believe in man made religions. And more "dogmatic" the religion, the least I believe it translates the will of God.

To my two wonderful and loving libs who both posted the above silly posts.

Please read the following and please come to realize that without Christianity western civilization would NEVER have come about. Please try to let those awful liberal chains that bind up your brain and prevent you from thinking logically leave you in 2012.

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

I suggest you get this book and read it. It might save you from the hellish liberal existence you currently suffer.

THE MIRACLE OF FREEDOM — 7 TIPPING POINTS THAT SAVED THE WORLD by Chris Stewart and Ted Stewart

I do not need anyone to tell me a story about religion. I have LIVED religion since the day I was born. I was in a Catholic school (even boarding school) for 12 years. I have tried several other "Churches" (or variety of the same dogmatic, man made crap). There are some good people who are religious, there are good people who are not. There are bad people in both camps also.

In fact, there are liberals who are religious, and there are conservatives who are not!

I believe religion can be helpful for small children, even teenagers, as a guidance, IF it is not extreme and IF it is open minded and doesn't teach or encourage prejudism. . .which too many Christian religions do!

The influence of Christianity has not been overly good in term of helping Western civilization. From the killing of the Crusades, to the Spanish Inquisition, and the killing and enslavement of Indians, it has NOT been kind to humanity. And that has NOTHING to do with the will of God, but rather with the will of men.

You keep your book, you enjoy it. I will follow my conscience.

I would appreciate if you could manage to stop to belittle and demean the "liberal" posters on this site. It is not because you address your attacks to "2" people, that they are not personal attacks.

I do not need anyone to tell me a story about religion. I have LIVED religion since the day I was born. I was in a Catholic school (even boarding school) for 12 years. I have tried several other "Churches" (or variety of the same dogmatic, man made crap). There are some good people who are religious, there are good people who are not. There are bad people in both camps also.

In fact, there are liberals who are religious, and there are conservatives who are not!

I believe religion can be helpful for small children, even teenagers, as a guidance, IF it is not extreme and IF it is open minded and doesn't teach or encourage prejudism. . .which too many Christian religions do!

The influence of Christianity has not been overly good in term of helping Western civilization. From the killing of the Crusades, to the Spanish Inquisition, and the killing and enslavement of Indians, it has NOT been kind to humanity. And that has NOTHING to do with the will of God, but rather with the will of men.

You keep your book, you enjoy it. I will follow my conscience.

I would appreciate if you could manage to stop to belittle and demean the "liberal" posters on this site. It is not because you address your attacks to "2" people, that they are not personal attacks.

It's sad how the Catholic Church has damaged so many people. I feel only pity for those who have been spiritually abused by religious authority. There are lots of religious fools, but there are also a lot of very spiritually healthy Christians. Those are the ones you need to spend time with and get healed. Remember, people are not perfect. Jesus is. Jesus is the one you have to look at to see God, not religious authority figures.

It's sad how the Catholic Church has damaged so many people. I feel only pity for those who have been spiritually abused by religious authority. There are lots of religious fools, but there are also a lot of very spiritually healthy Christians. Those are the ones you need to spend time with and get healed. Remember, people are not perfect. Jesus is. Jesus is the one you have to look at to see God, not religious authority figures.

Actually, because I was not "raised" in the AMERICAN Catholic Church, I escaped most of the brainwashing and excessive dogmas.
I have nothing against the Catholic Church, at least nothing more than against EVERY OTHER Churches, which are even MORE distant than the Catholic Church from the will of God, as they are just "side kicks" from men who decided they didn't like the teaching of the original Christian Church!

Don't feel sorry for me. I am perfectly happy with my own spirituality and my own personal relationship with God. I do not need a spiritual relationship with ANY intermediary between God and myself.
Jesus was a wonderful prophet and a good man. He was the "son of God" just as we all are "sons" of God.

And this great man would be ashamed of the crap that "Christians" are placing on his shoulders and how his name is used to gain power, to manipulate people, and to rationalize prejudism.

Actually, because I was not "raised" in the AMERICAN Catholic Church, I escaped most of the brainwashing and excessive dogmas.
I have nothing against the Catholic Church, at least nothing more than against EVERY OTHER Churches, which are even MORE distant than the Catholic Church from the will of God, as they are just "side kicks" from men who decided they didn't like the teaching of the original Christian Church!

Don't feel sorry for me. I am perfectly happy with my own spirituality and my own personal relationship with God. I do not need a spiritual relationship with ANY intermediary between God and myself.
Jesus was a wonderful prophet and a good man. He was the "son of God" just as we all are "sons" of God.

And this great man would be ashamed of the crap that "Christians" are placing on his shoulders and how his name is used to gain power, to manipulate people, and to rationalize prejudism.

Christians believe Jesus is the Son of God, yes. Christians also believe Jesus is God. That is standard Christian doctrine. We aren't placing anything on his shoulders. Scriptures says Jesus is The Creator.

Christians believe Jesus is the Son of God, yes. Christians also believe Jesus is God. That is standard Christian doctrine. We aren't placing anything on his shoulders. Scriptures says Jesus is The Creator.

The whole point was that Jesus specifically and intentionally put it all on His own shoulders. and He did it for no gain and at considerable pain and with only faith to guide Him.

It is not my belief. And actually, I would like a reference of where in the scriptures it says that JESUS is the creator.. . .I do not believe this is stated in the scripture, I rather believe this is another "human" interpretation of the scriptures.

It is not my belief. And actually, I would like a reference of where in the scriptures it says that JESUS is the creator.. . .I do not believe this is stated in the scripture, I rather believe this is another "human" interpretation of the scriptures.

here are a number referring to Jesus as being God as in the standard view of the Trinity.

Colossians 1:15-17

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I'm glad you two belief in all the dogmas. . .If it makes you happy and feel good, GREAT!

I do not believe in dogmas, and references to "scriptures" or "Bible" as "proof" that your dogmatic beliefs are the only reality is just circular reasoning.

So. . . enjoy your beliefs, and I'll continue my spiritual journey with my universal, personal God.

Werbung:
I'm glad you two belief in all the dogmas. . .If it makes you happy and feel good, GREAT!

I do not believe in dogmas, and references to "scriptures" or "Bible" as "proof" that your dogmatic beliefs are the only reality is just circular reasoning.

So. . . enjoy your beliefs, and I'll continue my spiritual journey with my universal, personal God.

you asked for scriptural validation, you got it. a thank you would have been an appropriate response.

Back