Starbucks to stop using up California's limited water

Werbung:
I guess in Starbucks case this would be better late then never. I do agree that they should of stopped before this. It isn't like we didn't know there was a drought issue in California long before this. Its just in recent years that it has become even worse. I think that Starbucks could of really saved face and made themselves look good to consumers if they had done this a few years back. So, I do kind of agree with you that their decision did seem to come a little too late.

Well, I don't think it looks good for them. I seem to remember another company being berated for this. I want to say it was Nestle (but I'll have to look it up to be sure). It just seems off. I'm all for companies finding ways to earn, but I don't see how something like this doesn't hurt their reputation.

Good on them for doing this but it would've helped a lot if they did this years back.. I can't imagine the amount of water they used up for their own profits.

Well, I don't think it looks good for them. I seem to remember another company being berated for this. I want to say it was Nestle (but I'll have to look it up to be sure). It just seems off. I'm all for companies finding ways to earn, but I don't see how something like this doesn't hurt their reputation.

It doesn't seem to hurt their reputation a lot because not much know about this. I know for a fact that Nestle uses slaves in order for them to keep their profits up.. but in the end most consumers don't know this and the company continues to thrive.

Werbung:
Oh? I've never heard that about Nestle. Do they use sweatshops or something? Do you have any resources or stories about it? I definitely wasn't aware of anything like that.

Back