Since when did "lack of Interest" = locked thread?

Werbung:
PFOS,
I have been away for a few days, getting as much wood and hunting done as I can before a nearby volcano erupts, so I am a bit more prepared for when that time comes.
I did read the thread you mention, and while the decision was made by our resident euro-mod Scotty, I think it was probably the right thing to do for that thread for other reasons than it having a lack of interest.
While the topic of the thread was over the top in its accusation, as you more or less confirmed by your post in the thread, it is also one that has been copy and pasted from other forums by Kathaksung, it is borderline spam.
Now if someone would like to continue to post in that thread, you can send me a message saying so, or post in this thread and we can open it again.

PFOS,
I have been away for a few days, getting as much wood and hunting done as I can before a nearby volcano erupts, so I am a bit more prepared for when that time comes.

You know my friend first you were living with -50 degree temperatures like it was nothing... and now you're also dealing with a VOLCANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone give Bunz a prize or a trophy or something? He's got to be the HOP most hardy of the hardy! There has to be a reality show here somewhere!:D

TG,
Its just part of life. Kinda like tornados in the lower 48, or hurricanes. Except my house isnt in danger of being washed or blown away. There are a ton of volcanos up here(see the ring of fire map). These arent the lava flow types. More like Mt St. Helens for reference. The big issue is the ash cloud that could dump a bunch of that stuff all over the place. I dealt with it back in 92 and it is not fun. Imagine 1800grit sandpaper all over everything. It does horrible things to engines and your lungs. Its basically powedered rock and glass.

TG,
Its just part of life. Kinda like tornados in the lower 48, or hurricanes. Except my house isnt in danger of being washed or blown away. There are a ton of volcanos up here(see the ring of fire map). These arent the lava flow types. More like Mt St. Helens for reference. The big issue is the ash cloud that could dump a bunch of that stuff all over the place. I dealt with it back in 92 and it is not fun. Imagine 1800grit sandpaper all over everything. It does horrible things to engines and your lungs. Its basically powedered rock and glass.

I can imagine that would be quite the b1tch! Here's to hoping that your spring thaw comes early and your volcanoes stay calm my friend!:)

Werbung:
a better way to deal with a thread no one cares about, just don't post on it? I was a mod for years on a other board, Never locked a thread do to lack of interest...who decides what enough interest is? I have seen threads go with not a post after and never locked....clear no interest...it gives the clear impression it was lack of agreement . Not that I agreed , as I posted attacking the thread...but now I cant even go refute lame claims or attack the person for poor backing up of threads...and should not have to start a new thread for that.. its just a major area that can lead to abuse or the perception witch can be just as bad at times on a board.

Back