Shutdown!

If Government shuts down who do you place the blame on?

• Democrats

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obama

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Werbung:
If it shuts down no bad laws will be made during that time. No blame will need to be assigned. I will give credit to the pubs and dems equally which was not a choice in your poll.

The pubs could have focused on budget issues only and not tried to defund obamacare at the same time. It needs to be defunded but that decision should have been separate. (unless it is not possible to defund it in a separate bill. If that is the case they did the right thing since it is presently not a law and should not be funded)

The President and the dems should have heeded their own advice and realized that elections have consequences. The pubs won so they get to write the budget. Since he vetoed a bill that was written by those whom the people elected he is responsible too. Furthermore I am not aware of the dems having proposed their own budget at all. The Pres didn't even meet with the pubs until 2 months ago.

Right that means more democrats will lose on the hands of the Tea Party. Sarah Palin will be the first woman in the white house.

Right that means more democrats will lose on the hands of the Tea Party. Sarah Palin will be the first woman in the white house.

A shutdown will not automatically be a good thing for Republicans...they need to tread carefully, and make sure they sell it for the right reasons, otherwise it will backfire.

A shutdown will not automatically be a good thing for Republicans...they need to tread carefully, and make sure they sell it for the right reasons, otherwise it will backfire.

They could ask "who should create the 2011 budget? This years mixed congress in April of 2011 or last years Democratic congress prior to the beginning of 2011?"

If there is a shutdown and if fault should be laid, it should be dropped squarely on the shoulders of last years congress.

Don't forget that it was the Democrats who created this situation because they refused to do their Constitutional duty and pass the fiscal year 2011 budget before the 2010 elections, fearing that their out-of-control borrowing and spending would affect the 2010 elections.

Well, it affected the elections anyway, didn't it!

The Democrats are the cowards, and now when it's time for them to take a big bite of humble pie, they do what they do best........point fingers and accuse somebody else of causing the problem they caused.

They could ask "who should create the 2011 budget? This years mixed congress in April of 2011 or last years Democratic congress prior to the beginning of 2011?"

If there is a shutdown and if fault should be laid, it should be dropped squarely on the shoulders of last years congress.

Finger pointing and yelling louder than your opponent is not really good political strategy...

I'm not sure such an approach would resonate with voters in the way that Republicans want.

Finger pointing and yelling louder than your opponent is not really good political strategy...

I'm not sure such an approach would resonate with voters in the way that Republicans want.

and yet, that seems to be a very popular strategy in Washington, much more popular than coming up with realistic solutions to the problems this nation faces. I wonder why that is?

and yet, that seems to be a very popular strategy in Washington, much more popular than coming up with realistic solutions to the problems this nation faces. I wonder why that is?

Because ultimately people don't want the problem solved...they do, but only if it inconveniences someone else.

Is it any wonder there is such little respect for government these days with such a strategy being pursued. It is high time we had leaders, who would look at their constituents and say "this is going to hurt us all, but here is why we need it.".

I can't solely blame politicians however, because ultimately they are not being held accountable, so it leads one to believe they are doing what the majority of voters want...which is nothing.

Is it any wonder there is such little respect for government these days with such a strategy being pursued. It is high time we had leaders, who would look at their constituents and say "this is going to hurt us all, but here is why we need it.".

Our President has pretty much said exactly that.

I believe it will hurt us all but I don't agree that we need his solutions.

This pretty much sums it up:

matson.jpg

Our President has pretty much said exactly that.

I believe it will hurt us all but I don't agree that we need his solutions.

He has said it..and then his actions take the exact opposite approach.

He talks broadly about a shared sacrifice of cutting spending, but then proceeds to kick the can down the road and make no changes.

People are not idiots...that is not leadership, and that is not what we need.

Werbung:
Back