Should Generation X,Y and Z pay into social security and medicare?

Healthier, happier, wealthier old folks.

Social Security makes you healthier and wealthier? People cannot live off Social Security alone, and as I pointed out in my initial post, you are getting a negative return on your "investment" into the program.

If I offered you the chance to get a negative return under the premise that it would make you "wealthier", I would be laughed out of the building.

Werbung:
Social Security and Medicare only empower government~ poli-sci flunkie
I remember in Political Science the first thing they taught us is that WE are the government. So how is it again that our empowerment is a bad thing?
:rolleyes:

I remember in Political Science the first thing they taught us is that WE are the government. So how is it again that our empowerment is a bad thing?
:rolleyes:

In the sense that you are allowed to vote then yes, thats the case.

In the sense that this is a representative democracy and that you will wind up with some pol that convinces the most people that he thinks a little like you then yes, thats the case.

But give that all pols lie and we seldom hold their feet to the fire for doign so, not so much.

Citizenship used to be an active thing and when it ceased to be that way we forfeited government. Luckily its becoming an active thing again via the Tea Party movement so lets see to what extent we can re-take it.

Slavery is Freedom rings a bell... Sounds like that's what your Poli-Sci teacher was preaching if he thought that unlimited government power was good for the individual. The only way government can grow is by consuming the rights, liberty, and freedom of the individual.

picture.php

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government
From that little old thingy called The Declaration Of Independance.

From that little old thingy called The Declaration Of Independance.

You missed the part about WHY governments are instituted among men - To secure our rights. Not to grant and/or repeal them, not to create new rights out of thin air, not to violate the rights of some for the benefit of others but solely for the purpose of securing our rights.

Rights are freedoms of action that impose no obligation on others in order to be fulfilled. Collective "rights" are not rights at all, they have been entirely fabricated, they violate the rights of individuals by way of imposing obligations on these victims in order to be fulfilled.

The Declaration then goes on to say, when the government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it. The government has become destructive of these ends, it's power has grown far beyond simply securing our rights. Government now wantonly violates the rights of some for the benefit of others by virtue of its monopoly on force and it does so in the name of the common good.

Werbung:
So now you like the Patriot Act? That empowered government, so by your logic, it empowered all of us, and that's a good thing.

Back