Send your prayers, best wishes, or kind words.

Furious George

On Saturday, December 23rd 2006, my father was tragically hit while crossing the road, delivering gifts to my Grandmothers house. He is currently in a coma at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick New Jersey. He has received minor bleeding in his brain, and has sustained multiple injuries in the face, left leg, and pelvic area. According to the Police report, the driver was doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing, and was obviously distracted from the road.

This Christmas, please, enjoy your time with our family and friends. And please, do not take this in a negative way, this has really opened my eyes to fragility of life, and how random of a world we live in. It is expected he will make a recovery, but only time will tell.

Werbung:
Damn. It's hard to know what to say but I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if it's appropriate but I was given a reminder of similar when my father was killed in a freak car accident nearly 2 years ago. I too learnt not to take things for granted- it's one of those things you always see in the papers and it seems to create the impression it just won't happen to you...won't, as opposed to probably.

But really, I hope that your father recovers and that you and your family are holding up. That it happens to people doesn't make it any much better for those whom it happens to. And of course, if you need it, feel free to drop me a line: I'm online alot and would be more than happy to help in any way I could.

George, I'm really sorry to hear about your father's accident. :frown: I have prayed and will continue to do so as God brings him to my memory. I have also prayed for you and the rest of your family. I pray that God's love, grace and mercy will comfort you during this time, and that you'll draw your strength from Him.

Please let us know how things are going, and don't hesitate to contact me if you need an ear to listen.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I can only imagine what your family is going through. Please keep us posted. I hope the next time you post it is with better news on his condition. Take Care.

Thank all of you for your kind words, and I do have good news. I just got home from the hospital, and I talked to the attending nurse for quite a while. Right now, he's in a coma, which is partly due to the amount of medication they are giving him. He has minor swelling/bleeding in the brain, and a monitor has been implanted in his skull to give us a better idea of how he is doing. Right now, not much can be done, since they are running on a skeleton staff (given it's the holidays) but a Neurosurgeon came in late Christmas Eve, and surveyed the damage. He noticed that my father has two reflexes that show his brain is still in good condition, and he is able to move his left arm. It seems that he is temporarily (Neurosurgeon said that there seems to be bleeding in the back of his neck which may be responsible for the temporarily paralysis) paralyzed on the right side of his body. It seems so far that he will make a good recovery, but only after months and months of rehabiliation. The real battle now is the legal one--the finalization of his divorce from my step mother (What a putrid soul) was supposed to finish up on January 15th, but given the circumstances, we will have to talk to a lawyer (If any of you have family friends/members that are lawyers, and could give some quick advice, that would help us out TREMENDOUSLY) and figure out what we can do. There will obviously be a large settlement involved in this, and my step mother is one of the most greedy human beings on the face of the planet. She will assuredly be one of the largest obstacles in the legal battle.

Oh my gosh, sorry to hear about all this, George. I am glad to hear that your father has a decent opportunity of recovering. I'll keep my fingers crossed so your stepmother doesn't get any of his settlement, and that your father will recover fully.

Some m ore good news; we have gotten quite a few 'reactions' form him when talking to him, all of which include squeezing of his hand when asked to, and moving of his limbs. I talked in depth with a neurologist today, and he is expecting a full [as far as his brain is concerned] recorvery! He said unfortunately, it will be a few months before he is out of the hospital, but I can deal with that over memory loss or paralyzation.

George, I am jumping in here late, but please know that you and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us apprised of your father's progress. From your last post, it appears that things will work out okay, albeit there is a long long way to go just yet. But hang in there.

George, I'm glad to hear that the prognosis for your dad is much better than you had originally thought! I'm not sure where you are in belief in God, but I believe prayers work. :)

In regard to your stepmother, I'm not sure if she would have any claim, since the divorce papers had already been filed. I'm not a lawyer, but I can't see where she'd have any claim to any settlement he might get. However, that doesn't mean she won't TRY to get some of it. I've prayed about that, too. ;)

I am so glad to stop back and see that things are better than they were for your father. As for your stepmom, I would think that the above poster is right. I mean the preceedings have started. Hopefully she won't even know if there is a settlement. Thinking of you all and wishing your father a full recovery.

I can understand your pain George. My grandfather just recently passed away over the weekend. My best wishes and regards to your family.

Brandon, I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that you and your family will find comfort in each other during this time.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I know we lost my mother in law right before Christmas and we are still trying to cope with it.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. I hope that everything will work out and the pain of losing someone close to you will subside.

Werbung:
I'm sorry for your loss, as well, tater. We haven't lost anyone in my family in over 2 years, but it's still difficult sometimes. I'm praying that you and your family will be comforted at this time.

Back