Republican Family Values?

Werbung:
You like Ron Paul?

No, he's just the best of the Republicans. Some of his positions I like, such as, minding our own business, the drug war, Patriot Act etc. Others, I don't, he's anti environment, anti choice, and anti government. He also seems to be attracting a disturbingly large amount of conspiracy theorists and white supremacists.

No, he's just the best of the Republicans. Some of his positions I like, such as, minding our own business, the drug war, Patriot Act etc. Others, I don't, he's anti environment, anti choice, and anti government. He also seems to be attracting a disturbingly large amount of conspiracy theorists and white supremacists.

A few things -- here you claim that you support a President minding our own business yet you whine about the U.S. not giving enough in foreign aid. Which is it?

Secondly, how is he anti-environment? Do you mean he's not a Global Warming alarmist? There's a difference to being skeptical of some unfounded science and being against preserving the environment. I don't know if anyone is like that.

He's not anti-choice, he's pro-life. There is a difference.

He also attracts a disturbingly large number of liberals, which doesn't make any sense.

Devil Dog,
I am more or less a democrat party hating liberal. Paul has said things that have rang very true with me. As Popeye pointed out, Iraq(but I am leaning away from immediate withdrawal lately) among other things. There are things that I dont really care about, such as his stance on abortion because it isnt up to the President and is unlikely to change under his term. What concerns me is his desire to slash and burn several important government departments.
Id really like to like Paul, I think if he would have brought his views a bit more moderate over the summer, he would be doing much better.

He's not anti-choice, he's pro-life. There is a difference.

Right. Anti choice means that he would be for the government making the choice, not the doctor an patient. Pro life would mean that he doesn't like abortion, and would work to reduce the number.

He also attracts a disturbingly large number of liberals, which doesn't make any sense.

That, of course, depends on your definition of "liberal." If it means someone who is disenchanted with the current Republican party and its promotion of big, expensive, and intrusive government, then it makes a lot of sense.

Giuliani receives honor

Republicans seem to excel at hypocrisy, so to be singled out like this is truly quite an honor.
Rudy Giuliani
GOP Hypocrite of the Week.

A familiar, frightful face emerged to ask one of the YouTube questions during the November 28 St. Petersburg Republican debate: Grover Norquist. He queried the candidates if they would pledge not to raise taxes during their presidency.

Rudolph Giuliani didn't hesitate in his response. Would he take the "Norquist pledge" not to raise taxes?

" Yes, I would," declared Giuliani. "I did it as mayor. I would do it as the president. I had one of the best records in the country for lowering taxes while I was mayor. I expect to have a great record as president."

On the same day that Giuliani cavalierly caved into the Republican prerequisite for holding public office -- "no new taxes" -- Politico.com ran an investigative article revealing that Rudy spent -- and hid -- expenses for his extramarital trysts with Judith Nathan in Southampton.

At the time, Rudy G. was married to Donna Hanover, his second wife, and conducting an adulterous affair with Judith, who would become his third wife after he unceremoniously dumped Hanover during a City Hall news conference.

The tax-related issue lying between Rudy's roaming bed sheets is that he hid the security detail and other expenses for his sexual escapades in obscure city departments where he thought that no one would discover them. But they've come out in the sunshine now.

So, Rudy pledges not to raise taxes, while he dismisses the notion that he used New York taxpayer money so that he could get his rocks off on the weekend with his then-mistress!

Now, that's a whole lot of "no tax" hypocrisy from a man whose disingenuousness is only exceeded by the size of his ego.

New Yorkers got stiffed, so to speak, with paying for Rudy's out of marriage sex -- and he tells all of America that he won't raise anybody's taxes. Oh yeah, but he'll spend our money for his personal needs, without hesitation -- and then try to hide it.

Rudy G., you are truly the GOP Hypocrite of the Week.
http://www.gophypocrites.com/2007/11/hyp07048.html

Werbung:
Republicans seem to excel at hypocrisy, so to be singled out like this is truly quite an honor.
http://www.gophypocrites.com/2007/11/hyp07048.html

Where did he promise not to waste taxpayer money on his trysts? He promised not to raise taxes, but not that he would be honorable in his personal life. That might make him a scumball, but certainly not a hypocrite.

But, that's academic, as we don't want a scumball or a hypocrite in the white House.

I've asked this before, hoping no one would come up with a reasonable answer, and no one has yet. I hope they don't:

What about Romney? What has he done, or promised to do, that makes him a poor candidate for office? Right now, he's the only one of the likely nominees that I'd consider acceptable. Take him out of the picture, or expose his feet of clay, and I'll be voting Libertarian yet again.

I think the last candidate I voted for who actually became president was Reagan.

Back