Profanity and Teachers

Why should hearing about sex from a math professor be any different? They have the same interest in sex as anyone else. Lots of people, at any age, seem to be very naive about sex and relationships. If not, to what do you attribute so many failed marriages?

Werbung:
If at university, a student needs sexual guidance, then I am afraid it is already too late for him.

Regards
DL

That's pretty funny Gnostic. :rolleyes: Yeah, at that point it's a lost cause.

Those who fear conflict are cowards who die often. If one has a cause, it is the hard-headed that he should seek out so as to perfect an argument that the less brainwashed will understand.

Oftentimes, as here, the lurkers as well as the poster are the actual target and not the one being addressed.

Regards
DL

That's true but we need to balance our criticism with common sense. Sometimes are communication style can hurt our cause more than so called persecution.

Why should hearing about sex from a math professor be any different? They have the same interest in sex as anyone else. Lots of people, at any age, seem to be very naive about sex and relationships. If not, to what do you attribute so many failed marriages?

They are not trained in that discipline and are probably as ignorant about things as most parents are.

Why are there failed marriages, FMPOV, mostly because of the poor quality of the upbringing of our boys. Our girls are just marginally better.

Regards
DL

That's pretty funny Gnostic. :rolleyes: Yeah, at that point it's a lost cause.

That's true but we need to balance our criticism with common sense. Sometimes are communication style can hurt our cause more than so called persecution.

I agree. I try to soften my tough love when the other allows it. Most literalists and fundamentals are too brain dead to allow sense and reason though.

They follow this pathetic form of thinking.

http://imgur.com/IBroXK9

Regards
DL

Any kind of debate with the religious, anti-religious etc.. is going to be tough. First of all, as I said in another thread, they want to discredit you as being stupid. Also, a lot of people might just hate you simply cause your speaking out. They're jealous of anyone who is interesting, and they want to tear them down. That seems to be happening to me on my university campus right now.

Any kind of debate with the religious, anti-religious etc.. is going to be tough. First of all, as I said in another thread, they want to discredit you as being stupid. Also, a lot of people might just hate you simply cause your speaking out. They're jealous of anyone who is interesting, and they want to tear them down. That seems to be happening to me on my university campus right now.

I hear you. It is jealousy. They want us all as dumbed down and immoral as they are.

That is why they will come in, throw a few insults and ignore the issues at hand.

Misery loves company and they do not want to admit the cause of their misery.

That is not surprising when it is old idiots like some we see here who have invested and really, wasted many years on some imaginary guy in the sky.

I did not think todays university students had that some stuck in gear mind set but I am learning differently.

Stupid parental guidance that. But take heart, the numbers for the intelligent and non-affiliated are improving into our favor. Even now many sites are losing their Christian apologists by the site-full. Almost as fast as they are closing churches.

Regards
DL

I hear you. It is jealousy. They want us all as dumbed down and immoral as they are.

That is why they will come in, throw a few insults and ignore the issues at hand.

Misery loves company and they do not want to admit the cause of their misery.

That is not surprising when it is old idiots like some we see here who have invested and really, wasted many years on some imaginary guy in the sky.

I did not think todays university students had that some stuck in gear mind set but I am learning differently.

Stupid parental guidance that. But take heart, the numbers for the intelligent and non-affiliated are improving into our favor. Even now many sites are losing their Christian apologists by the site-full. Almost as fast as they are closing churches.

Regards
DL

Again I suspect the people are twisting the religion and not the other way around. Different types of church people differ in education, sensitivity etc.. For instance, a person who hates gays and wants America returned to the 1950s era, is going to seek out a church catering to what he wants to hear.

My quote from another thread:

However, could it be that they are making God into thier own douchebag image? Could it also be we are often dealing with semi-literate people, biblically and emotionally? So it would be no shock to see them twist stuff like the Bible into horrible things.

Note at a lot of churches they don't get deep into Bible, and what they do choose to read is interpreted by a pastor who often has a political motivation. Look at the Roman Catholic church of old where peasants could not read the Bible at all.

In the US at least, if you go into more educated circles, you find the church people are more mellowed out and reasonable. However, if you choose to go to some backwoods place you might see Pentecostals or the KKK etc..

Last edited:
Werbung:
Again I suspect the people are twisting the religion and not the other way around. Different types of church people differ in education, sensitivity etc.. For instance, a person who hates gays and wants America returned to the 1950s era, is going to seek out a church catering to what he wants to hear.

My quote from another thread:

That helped.

Indeed, with all the various Christian denominations around, any person who wants to hate will find a church to help him do so.

Have you seen this link showing how far people will go to hold on to their hate?

Regards
DL

Back