Postponing the debate? Ok, only if..

Vyddo

Mccain has asked for postponement of the first presidential debate to deal with the current financial crisis. I applaud that, as an American I see this as a great opportunity for Mccain to display the characteristics of leadership that we'll need as our President.

That said, I'm not interested in the show..

Should Mccain simply "be present" in Washington, that is simply not enough. I would expect any future president to not only play a role in our current crisis, but a leading role.

I don't want to see "any" bill get passed for the purpose of taking credit for uniting.. I want to see a bill that addresses the problems in common sense fashion that has all Americans well being at the core.

Mccain needs to be innovative and aggressively show the leadership that a president must show. Americans are not happy with the 700 billion giveaway and it's his as well as Obama's obligation to provide an alternative that reflects the American will.

Anything short of this eliminates any need for a post-ponement of the debate. I disagree with Obama that the candidates should play a side role here and agree if that's all the role would be, the debate should go on. Mccain has stepped out and promised action.. make no mistake, that's exactly what Americans will expect now and were all watching.

Mccain may very well win or lose the election by his actions over the next few days.

Werbung:
I am disappointed to say that Sarah is damaging McCain badly. As an Alaskan, it is becoming an embarassement for her. The Katie Couric interview was painful, I hadnt ever seen her as uncomfortable as she was there. She is not a bad politician, she has done alright in Alaska. But Sarah is in waaay over her head right now.

I am disappointed to say that Sarah is damaging McCain badly. As an Alaskan, it is becoming an embarassement for her. The Katie Couric interview was painful, I hadnt ever seen her as uncomfortable as she was there. She is not a bad politician, she has done alright in Alaska. But Sarah is in waaay over her head right now.

Not really a part of this topic, but I'll comment on it.

I for one truly believe that the media has made an effort to lower the impact Sarah Palin has had on the election.. that said, her nomination has already accomplished the "reset" that was desired.

Palin's appeal, won't change at this point.

1. She's down to earth and people can relate to her.
2. She does solidify and motivate the base.

aside from that, she's a vice presidential nominee and has already impacted the election far more than most previously and in a positive way.

I fail to see how she can be perceived as a negative in the overall picture at this point and certainly no more so than Biden.

That has to be tough on you Bunz. People are looking at both the Gibson & Couric interview and just shaking their heads in total disbelieve down here as well.

On a much brighter note. I listened to every bit of the Ed Shultz Show when he broadcasted from there the other day. People up there were great!

Were you in on it... or at least get to listen to it?

I have to admit, I'm really disappointed at this point. Mccain has re-started his campaign and the deal being discussed essentially seems to be the same. I feel he lost a lot of credibility here when he had the opportunity to really make a difference.

No stars for Obama, as he to failed to make a difference.. neither candidate, most of congress is NOT representing the American public's will.

I'm disgusted.

Werbung:

OMFG.... You people see this too?

Back