pay more, get less once again

PLC1

Staff member
The good news is that infant mortality rates worldwide are in decline. The bad news for the US is that the most expensive health care system in the world has let us down once again.

Child mortality rates dropping, study finds, but U.S. lags

Underscoring historic recent gains in global health, the number of children younger than 5 who die this year will fall to 7.7 million, down from 11.9 million two decades ago, according to new estimates by population health experts.

But as much of the world makes strides in reducing child mortality, the U.S. is increasingly lagging and ranks 42nd globally, behind much of Europe as well as the United Arab Emirates, Cuba and Chile.

Twenty years ago, the U.S. ranked 29th in the child mortality rate, according to data analyzed by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.
Not only has our health care system lagged behind Western Europe, but it is starting to lag behind a lot of third world countries as well. Meanwhile, that health care reform that wasn't much of a reform and probably did nothing to reduce costs is most likely the best we're going to be able to do for a long time to come.

What a sorry situation.

Werbung:
The article is dated Monday, May 24.

When should we start to worry?

LOL:D I guess now!

I think it's a combination of bad eating habits as far a types of food, a lot of technology meaning many people don't get enough exercise and the way the US healthcare system had been set up.

A lot of people without healthcare until they end up at an emergency room and not as much emphasis on prevention & prescreening so we can treat things early on.

Looking for that to start to change for the better when the new system is fully in place.

LOL:D I guess now!

I think it's a combination of bad eating habits as far a types of food, a lot of technology meaning many people don't get enough exercise and the way the US healthcare system had been set up.

A lot of people without healthcare until they end up at an emergency room and not as much emphasis on prevention & prescreening so we can treat things early on.

Looking for that to start to change for the better when the new system is fully in place.

Yes, I believe now is the time to start worrying. I'm not so sure that the watered down shell of a health care bill that resulted from partisan bickering and a heavy hand from the insurance lobby is going to help much, but it might make some difference at least.

Yes, I believe now is the time to start worrying. I'm not so sure that the watered down shell of a health care bill that resulted from partisan bickering and a heavy hand from the insurance lobby is going to help much, but it might make some difference at least.

Hey brother I'm with you! I'm a full Single Payer guy myself.

That's the most bang for the buck you are ever gonna get... and we ain't gettin' it, yet? But my hope is that once all the smoke of the anti-reform lies clears with this new program the next obvious step is... hey we can do this even better and save a ton doing this as Single Payer.

You'll get a kick out of this. My friends in Toronto sent it to me after the US won some event over them in the last Winter Olympics.

The facts..obamacare is an obscene nightmare. With a 25% increase in premiums all of the so-called lifetime "deficit savings" from the deficit hawk obama... have been obliterated. But what I like most about obamacare is the 2013, real estate transaction tax of 3.8% on all real estate conveyances including rentals.

It is a bust. Further this 4500 page nightmare eliminates all caps for pain and suffering for all states that participate. This includes emergency medicine so get ready for malpractice to skyrocket and doctors to retire. Further only 1% of all doctors take medicaid.... so the 35 million new losers with the obama gold card will have to come to the ER for their head colds at the rate of $500 dollars a visit. Clearly they had no clue what they were doing. I would love to know who those losers were that were wearing white lab coats on the white house lawn.

doug

Same can be said in Taxes. I pay more in Taxes but these guys still harass me!:mad:

8779.jpg

Werbung:
Is there some kind of code or exclusion that allows off duty cops driving private cars the ability to do stupid stunts behindthe wheel, and not get pulled over? Somehow, I doubt it.

As for health care reform, what is likely to happen is the nightmare that has been health care costs for the past couple of decades will continue, as nothing has been done to rein in costs, and will be blamed on "Obamacare." Eventually, costs will be so overwhelming that something will have to be done, and that something will have to involve rationing (which, of course, is nothing new anyway.) That rationing will be blamed on Obama, who actually tried to do something about the health care mess. No one else will try to accomplish anything until we are at a crisis point, which won't be long now, as any perceived problems will be blamed on that person. Meanwhile, the political opposition will claim to have had the perfect solution, and forget the fact that they were once in power and did exactly nothing.

What a country! What a great way to solve problems! We have the best political system there is, and yet it fails on so many levels.

Back