Obama Plans To Abandon Hard-Won White, Working-Class Voters

Please allow me: I know that spell check will not catch this because it is a French expression, but I'm sure you would prefer to use it accurately:

It is Carte Blanche (an E at the end). And as I said before, I'm not wild about ANY of the anti-terrorists measures, as I think it create more fear among the American population than it is worth.

The fact is that we have a lot more chance to get killed in a car accident within five miles of our home, or to die by gun shot, especially if we own a gun, than we have to be the victims of a terrorist attack!

But. . .since the administration has to have a STRONG ANTI-TERRORIST policy to please the fearmonger addicts. . .there you go!

I struggled with the spell check as it insisted on capitalizing the B in blanche which seemed too much like a proper name but was OK with it sans the "E".

trouble is this does nothing to enhance the governments anti-terrorist policy.

Werbung:
I struggled with the spell check as it insisted on capitalizing the B in blanche which seemed too much like a proper name but was OK with it sans the "E".

trouble is this does nothing to enhance the governments anti-terrorist policy.

Yea, well. I read a little about this yesterday, and the fact is that it passed Congress wi ony abour 95 Democrats voting for it, but over 190 Republicans voting for it.

it also passed the Senate and the yes votes were overwhelming. . .on both sides, with only 3 Dems, 3 RPs, and 1 Indep voting no.

AND Obama has stated that he would NOT go beyond what the Constitution allowed, he just didn't want all civilians suspected terrorists to be directly sent to a military authority (which was the way the hypocrites had wanted to deal with the little issue of indefinite detentions of suspected terrorists!).

so, once again, it's a lot to do about nothing!

Yea, well. I read a little about this yesterday, and the fact is that it passed Congress wi ony abour 95 Democrats voting for it, but over 190 Republicans voting for it.

it also passed the Senate and the yes votes were overwhelming. . .on both sides, with only 3 Dems, 3 RPs, and 1 Indep voting no.

AND Obama has stated that he would NOT go beyond what the Constitution allowed, he just didn't want all civilians suspected terrorists to be directly sent to a military authority (which was the way the hypocrites had wanted to deal with the little issue of indefinite detentions of suspected terrorists!).

so, once again, it's a lot to do about nothing!

reason enough to throw the bums out.

BO says lots of things that he doesn't do. He didn't want the military to have them as they have rules about it (tribunals for example).

That is YOUR interpretation. apparently, it wasn't the opinion of 90% of Congress either
Who cares what Congress's opinions are. Who cares if it was democrat or republican? Who cares if it was conservative or liberal. The fact remains these politicians are voting illegally against the Constitution to take away what was fundamentally guaranteed to us by our Founding Fathers and put into law to protect our Rights as Americans! Are we not patriots first and politics second? Have they convinced us otherwise?

You are partially right here

The US is run by big business and the military to ensure that their ruling elite remains rich and powerful

They couldn't give a fuck about you

As George W Bush put it "we are for the haves and the have yachts"

Who cares what Congress's opinions are. Who cares if it was democrat or republican? Who cares if it was conservative or liberal. The fact remains these politicians are voting illegally against the Constitution to take away what was fundamentally guaranteed to us by our Founding Fathers and put into law to protect our Rights as Americans! Are we not patriots first and politics second? Have they convinced us otherwise?

Obviously, not all of us are patriots, and it is sometime very difficult to base one's judgement of what "patriotism" really means, when all it takes for some is to wrap a flag around their outdated prejudices and refer to a subjective interpretation of an old document. . .

Just about the same dynamics as "who is a Christian!"

Exquisitely put Openmind

Patriotism and religion share the requirement of blind willingness to be deceived

It is very common among lefties to think religion and patriotism are just plan silly ideas. That is their right to think as they wish. The problem arises when those same lefties do all they can to indoctrinate all those around them into their way of thinking as is done every day in the p-schools and universities.

Obviously, not all of us are patriots, and it is sometime very difficult to base one's judgement of what "patriotism" really means, when all it takes for some is to wrap a flag around their outdated prejudices and refer to a subjective interpretation of an old document. . .

Just about the same dynamics as "who is a Christian!"
I find it interesting that a liberal would make a comparison to religion and government when it is a hallmark stance for liberals to keep the two completely separated. There must be a reason for this separation, including the reasons our Founding Fathers clarified this separation in the Constitution.

Religion is subjective and clearly antiquated in certain text. Perhaps that is why it is not the law in this Country, unlike others. The Constitution is law and is written not in metaphor but, in literal lay man's terms.

The 5th Amendment to the US Constitution:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Now, we all know or at least we should know, that the last sentence of this Amendment has been in violation by the Federal and State Governments for some time through Eminent Domain.

In 2010, this Administration was trying to move the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed—the self-proclaimed planner of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001—and four co-conspirators in the colonnaded federal courthouse flanking the square, rather than in a military commission at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. Thus giving them the same rights as American citizens.
Then at the end of 2011, in total opposition of the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution, illegally votes to suspend these Constitutional guaranteed rights for American citizens. This is not a metaphor or some outdated prejudice, that is a reference to a subjective interpretation of an old document. And, it matters not which politically affiliation these politicians who voted for NDAA associate themselves with.
I think it is time for you and others to own your position. Just come on out and say that you hate this Country, the Constitution and what our Founding Fathers created that lead to the longest living democracy in the history of this planet.

I find it interesting that a liberal would make a comparison to religion and government when it is a hallmark stance for liberals to keep the two completely separated. There must be a reason for this separation, including the reasons our Founding Fathers clarified this separation in the Constitution.

Religion is subjective and clearly antiquated in certain text. Perhaps that is why it is not the law in this Country, unlike others. The Constitution is law and is written not in metaphor but, in literal lay man's terms.

The 5th Amendment to the US Constitution:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Now, we all know or at least we should know, that the last sentence of this Amendment has been in violation by the Federal and State Governments for some time through Eminent Domain.

In 2010, this Administration was trying to move the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed—the self-proclaimed planner of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001—and four co-conspirators in the colonnaded federal courthouse flanking the square, rather than in a military commission at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. Thus giving them the same rights as American citizens.
Then at the end of 2011, in total opposition of the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution, illegally votes to suspend these Constitutional guaranteed rights for American citizens. This is not a metaphor or some outdated prejudice, that is a reference to a subjective interpretation of an old document. And, it matters not which politically affiliation these politicians who voted for NDAA associate themselves with.
I think it is time for you and others to own your position. Just come on out and say that you hate this Country, the Constitution and what our Founding Fathers created that lead to the longest living democracy in the history of this planet.

No, dear. I do not hate this country! I feel sorry for this country being held hostage by people who believe that a 250 year old document is ALL that exists, and that it can't move with the increased knowledge and increase awareness of men.

The founders did a pretty good job. . .for their time. But they were not clervoyants, and had no idea of the issues we would face as a country today. By sticking to the literal words of the Constitution, without adapting it to today's needs and new paradigme, you are doing exactly the same thing as hyper religious people are doing with the Bible.

And what is funny is that you recognize that the Bible needs to be seen under today's light. . .but you can't recognize that in the Constitution!

I do believe that both documents have intrinsic value, but I also believe that the value is NOT In the literal word, but in the guidance it provides. And I believe that, to remain meaningful in today's world, they both need to be "living" documents, which grow and change with the time and the issues we face.

Werbung:
No, dear. I do not hate this country! I feel sorry for this country being held hostage by people who believe that a 250 year old document is ALL that exists, and that it can't move with the increased knowledge and increase awareness of men.

The founders did a pretty good job. . .for their time. But they were not clervoyants, and had no idea of the issues we would face as a country today. By sticking to the literal words of the Constitution, without adapting it to today's needs and new paradigme, you are doing exactly the same thing as hyper religious people are doing with the Bible.

And what is funny is that you recognize that the Bible needs to be seen under today's light. . .but you can't recognize that in the Constitution!

I do believe that both documents have intrinsic value, but I also believe that the value is NOT In the literal word, but in the guidance it provides. And I believe that, to remain meaningful in today's world, they both need to be "living" documents, which grow and change with the time and the issues we face.

framers knew it would need change and provided a measured means to do so intended to avoid fleeting fads (strike one regarding prohibition but that too was fixed).

if you feel so stro ngly that it needs updating, use the process and lets see who agrees.

but ignoring it especially after having sworn to protect and defend it is obscene.

Back