No, Mr. President, we can't afford your vision.

Dr.Who

Yesterday the president said that there is a pessimistic view that says we can't afford his vision for America.

Well, given the amount of debt and spending the fed has it would be true. We can't afford that vision.

Cuts are hard and increasing revenue might be hard but so far we have not even begun to scratch the surface of what needs to be cut and how we need to increase revenue.

The Presidents plan will increase spending and debt. The Republican plan barely reduces the spending and debt.

Congress needs to get serious. When a family is in debt it is no fun to cancel cable or sell the second car but sometimes it needs to be done to save the house.

Werbung:
The dumbass thinks the cure for america's problems is the same thing that caused them - big leftwing government? Like administering poison to someone who is already ill.

Werbung:
so long as republicans claim tax increases after years of cuts are off the table....

and then ask for more cuts..

and claim to be in favor of reducing the debt...I will know they are not really.

political blabber is all they are good for.

Sometimes I get tired and my sentences don't make as much sense as I would like them to. Other times I don't get what other people are writing.

I think one of those things is happening now - either you are tired or I am.

Are you saying that pubs are not willing to accept tax increases? Are you saying that there have been years of tax cuts? Are you saying that pubs are asking for more cuts? Are you saying that those would be inconsistent with reducing the debt?

I agree that the pubs do not want increases and that they want cuts and that they will be expecting more cuts. And those would be consistent with reducing the debt.

I do not agree that there have been any net decreases in taxes with the possible exception of the Bush tax cuts and the Obama extension of them. But I suspect that under both presidents that while there were tax cuts they were offset by other increases for a net increase.

Back