New PM Liz Truss talking about Brexit

Werbung:
I do not have a dog in this hunt but I cannot understand why membership in the EU would matter that much to a country like the UK that is so close to the USA and has 56 commonwealth countries with a total population of 2.5B(32% of the earth) to trade with.

Obviously there is a painful adjustment but I cannot see the UK going back now.

Hungary joined the EU in 2004 and their economy has more than doubled since. You could argue I suppose that they are an example of how belonging to the EU is a big advantage since they are one of the post Soviet era economic success stories unlike Ukraine and Belarus which have been huge failures.

Keep in mind that Hungary's success has occurred with Trump like leadership from Viktor Orban who has been running that country since 2010.

Ireland albeit a very tiny country went from one of the poorest countries in Europe to one of the wealthiest with pro business policies. They have among the lowest or the lowest corporate tax rate in the region. An argument could be made to not even have a corporate tax.

FYI the unemployment rate in the UK is 3.8%.

The unemployment rate for the EU(July) was 6.6% and they called that a record low.

Take that any way you want.

Truss is the latest in a long line of opportunists eager to loot the public purse and climb her way up the greasy pole.

England is not a democracy.

It has been a police state since William the Conqueror.

Comrade Station

Werbung:
Truss is the latest in a long line of opportunists eager to loot the public purse and climb her way up the greasy pole.

England is not a democracy.

It has been a police state since William the Conqueror.

Comrade Station
Not a democracy my ass. Youre as ignorant as a row of cats watching TV.

Back