NASA thinks aliens could attack due to global warming...

PLC1

Staff member
at least that is what is implied by this article.

Fox is implying that NASA and a "team of American researchers" is behind this hooey?

Why might they do such a thing, do you suppose?

Werbung:

Fox is implying that NASA and a "team of American researchers" is behind this hooey?

Brainstorming like this is quite common and doesn't mean that they put any particular credence in any one scenario. Clifford Simak wrote a science fiction story postulating a similar scenario about 25 years ago, THE WAY STATION.

It was published in the Guardian a full day before Fox wrote the story, with the same "NASA" in the headline.

(Note the Guardian corrected the story at the bottom of the page and changed the headline)

I would wager Fox simply picked it up off the Guardian and has yet to issue their own correction...if they issue one at all...since the story simply says a "NASA scientist" and the scientist who wrote it does indeed work for Nasa's Planetary Science Division...it just was not a report for NASA or sanctioned by NASA.

It was published in the Guardian a full day before Fox wrote the story, with the same "NASA" in the headline.

(Note the Guardian corrected the story at the bottom of the page and changed the headline)

I would wager Fox simply picked it up off the Guardian and has yet to issue their own correction...if they issue one at all...since the story simply says a "NASA scientist" and the scientist who wrote it does indeed work for Nasa's Planetary Science Division...it just was not a report for NASA or sanctioned by NASA.

So, you think it was just copied from someone else, and not published in the way it was in order to say, "Look here what those crazy global warmers at NASA are saying now"?

So, you think it was just copied from someone else, and not published in the way it was in order to say, "Look here what those crazy global warmers at NASA are saying now"?

Well, it is pretty clear that the Guardian ran with it first under the same banner...news stations do that all the time, just pick up stories off the wire etc.

I think it was published because it is a somewhat interesting article.

I'm surprised Proud Lefty hasn't posted in this thread...

The world already has way too many "us v. them" situations. Its time for all of us to band together because we know the other-world terrestrials are on the way, and we will have to be together and focused or we will become their cattle.

The Aliens tried visit Earth then the Air Force chases them away. Yeah right thinking aliens could attack us. :D NASA been watching to many Sci Fi Movies.

I thought Nasa's new mission in life was to make muslims feel good about themselves and their "scientific" contributions to the world.

I thought Nasa's new mission in life was to make muslims feel good about themselves and their "scientific" contributions to the world.

Yeah. That's right. Isn't Liberalism grand!!!!

NASA's Muslim Outreach
By Mona Charen
It's not really surprising that President Obama told NASA administrator Charles Bolden that his highest priority should be "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering." It fits with so much that we already knew about the president.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/07/07/nasas_muslim_outreach_106214.html

you should try listening to what they actually said, rather then what idiot republican Fox Noise people say they said...that was not there new Mission..that was there mission for the middle east and Muslims..was to try to get them more involved in a area they have deep history roots....It was not the leading overall Mission...but that does not sell ad time on fox Noise...

Why do republicans hate science so much...

you should try listening to what they actually said, rather then what idiot republican Fox Noise people say they said...that was not there new Mission..that was there mission for the middle east and Muslims..was to try to get them more involved in a area they have deep history roots....It was not the leading overall Mission...but that does not sell ad time on fox Noise...

Why do republicans hate science so much...

And once again, a-retentive boy gets hung up on a word. This time "Mission". I knew I should'a gone with "operation". LOl.

How 'bout the point is that we have no reason on earth to pander to the ME culture. But you go right ahead and stroke YOUR pink gun, while chanting along with rachel and all of her buzz phrases that you worship, and play with your chemistry kit.

it is, its all more based...try it sometime...turns out its better then based all in myths.

Yesirree, and California is living proof in every sense: socially, economically, environmentally, judicially, etc. (courtesy of probably numerous sources of "scientific" data, complimented by lots of personal knowledge).

The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the affairs, of his neighbor. ~Benjamin Franklin

What would give you such an idea?

Still, If we can have a Department of Peace in addition to a Department of War, then maybe we can go a few decades without killing Americans in the name of peace. I have often thought having "Soldiers fighting for peace!" is comparable to having "Whores f**king for virginity!"

Werbung:
Charles Bolden, a retired United States Marines Corps major-general and former astronaut, said in an interview with al-Jazeera that Nasa was not only a space exploration agency but also an "Earth improvement agency".

Mr Bolden said: "When I became the Nasa administrator, he [Mr Obama] charged me with three things.

"One, he wanted me to help reinspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

Plenty more where that came from. Also. This wasn't about Americans killing Americans, but hey, go right out into leftist field with your leftist brain, and change the water into wine with semantics eh?

Back