More bigotry from the RNC

Popeye

Nothing the pathetic GOP does anymore surprises me. After all, their appeal is confined to one race and primarily one region.

Notice the Limbaugh reference.. the Republican party has no original thought, no new ideas, it just continues to take it's cues from right wing hate radio.

RNC candidate Chip Saltsman’s Christmas greeting to committee members includes a music CD with lyrics from a song called “Barack the Magic Negro,” first played on Rush Limbaugh’s popular radio show.
Saltsman, a personal friend of conservative satirist Paul Shanklin, sent a 41-track CD along with a note to national committee members.

“I look forward to working together in the New Year,” Saltsman wrote. “Please enjoy the enclosed CD by my friend Paul Shanklin of the Rush Limbaugh Show.”

The CD, called “We Hate the USA,” lampoons liberals with such songs as “John Edwards’ Poverty Tour,” “Wright place, wrong pastor,” “Love Client #9,” “Ivory and Ebony” and “The Star Spanglish banner.”

Several of the track titles, including “Barack the Magic Negro,” are written in bold font.

The song, which debuted on Limbaugh’s show in late March 2007, latches onto an opinion column in the Los Angeles Times of the same title. That column, penned by cultural critic David Ehrenstein, argued that Obama could serve as a balm to whites who felt guilty about past treatment of African Americans.

Limbaugh first highlighted the column the day it ran, according to a contemporary report by Media Matters, the liberal watchdog agency. Media Matters reported Limbaugh repeated the phrase more than two dozen times the day the column ran.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...utes-controversial-obama-song-2008-12-26.html

Werbung:
You probably did not know this because liberal media didn’t tell you, but it was a democrat leaning news paper who first called him the magic Negro. Rush, disgusted with the hypocrisy of the left that they can say such sick things and no one bats an eye but a republican cant say "you would have made a great president" to someone a 100 without losing his seat.

It was a liberal scum bucket who started that saying, its just republicans who won’t let them go unchecked :)

So really the hypocrisy again......is in the liberal court asusual.

Your post is so typical.

You probably did not know this because liberal media didn’t tell you, but it was a democrat leaning news paper who first called him the magic Negro. Rush, disgusted with the hypocrisy of the left that they can say such sick things and no one bats an eye but a republican cant say "you would have made a great president" to someone a 100 without losing his seat.

It was a liberal scum bucket who started that saying, its just republicans who won’t let them go unchecked :)

So really the hypocrisy again......is in the liberal court asusual.

Your post is so typical.

You're referring to an opinion piece in the LA Times. However, it was Limbaugh who put it to song (to the tune of "Puff the Magic Dragon") leading to this RNC idiot giving out a CD containing the parody as a Christmas present.

Face it, as this last election proved, the GOP is the party of whites...southern, redneck, often racist whites. This kind of limited appeal leads to the kind of actions detailed in the OP.

You're referring to an opinion piece in the LA Times. However, it was Limbaugh who put it to song (to the tune of "Puff the Magic Dragon") leading to this RNC idiot giving out a CD containing the parody as a Christmas present.

Face it, as this last election proved, the GOP is the party of whites...southern, redneck, often racist whites. This kind of limited appeal leads to the kind of actions detailed in the OP.

You're correct and one of the most heart warming things of this whole election cycle was how everyday regular Americans reacted by voting against the smears.

The Radical Right framed their own selves as racially prejudice this go around.

Not only did that energize the minorities and Liberals but it even tweaked at the heartstrings of middle America a little as something too far off base & just not a right thing to do.

Rush did not put it to song

Shanklin did, he does it about all of them not just your messiah. He has a very funny Dancing queen song about Barney Frank and a Love Client #9 sounding like its sung by bill clinton to E. Spitzer. so you can rest in knowing its not just your messiah that is being made fun of.

The point still stands, dems think they can use certian language and get away with it with out being called on the carpet for it. Libs and dems will always defend their own on stuff like this but there will always be someone out there to call them on their hypocracy.

I dont think what he did was stupid. He played shanktons parody of Al Sharpton singing about Barack the magic negro. The words magic negro came from a creep in a democrat paper. If its wrong then some other creeps of the same party should of gotten on that creep and said what you did was wrong, instead they ignored what that creep did, and actually when asked if it was wrong, lcreeps all over the place defended the first creep for saying it in the first place, result. republicans make fun of all creeps with the song.

this reminds me of when a some other creep praised abortion because it lowered the crime rate because so many black poor inner city babies were aborted. No creep stood up to the first creep who said it BUT when Rush repeated what the first creep said he got attacked for saying its a good thing black babies were aborted when that was not what he was saying, he was reporting what some creep liberal said in the first place.

Shanklin Responds to Barack 'Negro' Critics

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:27 PM

By: Chris Gonsalves Article Font Size

Editor’s Note: Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan said he was “shocked” that former Tennessee GOP leader Chip Saltsman sent committee members a CD featuring a 2007 parody song called “Barack the Magic Negro.” The ditty was written by comedian Paul Shanklin, who since 1993 has been featured on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show as the “Man of Many Voices,” with songs lampooning public figures.

This story is based on an interview Shanklin gave Newsmax earlier this year.

Paul Shanklin figures, at best, his songs make people laugh, and perhaps think a little. So he was largely unprepared for the firestorm sparked by a parody tweaking critics of Barack Obama.

Shanklin got the idea for his controversial tune “Barack the Magic Negro” in March 2007 after reading a column titled “Obama the Magic Negro” by David Ehrenstein in the Los Angeles Times. In the column, Ehrenstein compared Obama to the stereotypical shallow black movie character that exists only to aid the white protagonist.

“Magical Negro” is an offensive Hollywood term that has been applied to characters played by the likes of Sidney Poitier, Morgan Freeman and Will Smith, to name but a few. Almost as soon as Ehrenstein’s column ran, Rev. Al Sharpton joined the anti-Obama chorus, saying the Illinois senator hadn’t done enough to champion black causes.

“I started humming it around the house after I read the column,” Shanklin told Newsmax. “But I seriously questioned whether it was appropriate for the show.”

For one thing, Shanklin knew the issue required a lot of explanation up front. “It’s a horrible thing to say about Barack,” Shanklin said. “The guy earned his way. For people on the left to try to attack him and shoot him down early, it was amazing.

“When Sharpton jumped on board, I thought I had to do something with it. I figured if people understood what this is about, it was going to be good.”

The resulting parody quickly rose in popularity on the Limbaugh program, playing repeatedly through March and April. In it, Shanklin imitates Sharpton shouting through a bullhorn to the tune of Pete Yarrow’s classic “Puff the Magic Dragon,” with reworked lyrics such as:

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.

The L.A. Times, they called him that

‘Cause he’s not authentic like me.

Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper

Said he makes guilty whites feel good

They’ll vote for him, and not for me

‘Cause he’s not from the hood.

But the song’s popularity created a backlash for Shanklin, who said mainstream media reporters saddled him with coining the “Magic Negro” moniker for Obama and branded him a racist.

“The funniest thing I had was a request from the Today show to go on and explain myself,” Shanklin said. “I knew these guys were not my friends. I wasn’t going to go on there and have Matt Lauer asking me, ‘How long have you been a racist?’ They love to make people cry on that show. I didn’t want to be the guy crying in front of Matt Lauer.”

On the advice of a friend, Shanklin declined the Today show invitation and issued a simple statement: “The song speaks for itself. It’s a parody of David Ehrenstein’s column in which he called Obama the ‘Magic Negro.’ Go read it.”

That didn’t stop Today from covering the story, or from referring to Shanklin in most references as “the white comedian.”

“That’s why you’ll hear Rush refer to me as ‘white comedian Paul Shanklin’ on the air now. It’s a leftover from that whole affair,” he told Newsmax.

While he tries to stay lighthearted about the incident, Shanklin says he was hurt by the way the story got twisted. “I’m from Memphis, which is probably the most racially polarized city in the country. I take this issue pretty seriously.

“This was my first experience in being a part of a story and everybody got it wrong. It was kind of scary and kind of enlightening too. It’s frustrating to be on the business end of the media’s slant.

“Rush is the one who gets the slings and arrows for the most part. This time it was my turn.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/...2008/12/30/166438.html?s=al&promo_code=768F-1

Tell me about it...

"The core play in the GOP playbook for 44 years has been the magic negro playbook," said Simon Rosenberg, head of Democratic organization NDN and one of the most well-versed party figures on racial politics. "They don't have another play or another playbook. Whether it is Willie Horton, or welfare queens and tax and spend, or the way they have dealt with immigration... they don't have a play in their playbook that doesn't start with the exploitation of racial divisions... They are going to have to reject 44 years of GOP politics in order to have any chance in the 21st century America."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/29/chip-saltsman-leads-gop-t_n_153998.html

why is it that there's bigotry on one side, but it was so easy for Obama to Throw the race card whenever it was convinient for his campaing.

They even used it on Bubba Clinton....

why is it that there's bigotry on one side, but it was so easy for Obama to Throw the race card whenever it was convinient for his campaing.

Democrats can be openly racist and openly intolerent, its just republicans who cant do it, heck they are called on the carpet when they point out and make fun of democrats who say racist things.

note this thread is a good example :)

Democrats can be openly racist and openly intolerent, its just republicans who cant do it, heck they are called on the carpet when they point out and make fun of democrats who say racist things.

The party you two support is almost exclusively white.

Of the 43 African Americans in the departing 110th Congress, all are Democrats. Of the 30 Hispanics, 24 are Democrats.

When numbers like those, it's no surprise that the GOP is often cited as a racist party. Instead of trying to defend Republican bigotry it would be much more constructive if you sought a way to overcome it. Or are you two part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution?

Of the 43 African Americans in the departing 110th Congress, all are Democrats. Of the 30 Hispanics, 24 are Democrats.

But, are they authentic Negros from the 'hood, or are they magic ones like Barack Obama and Sidney Poitier?

The song parodies attitudes of both blacks and whites toward blacks, by calling Barack a "magic negro", and then saying he assuages white feelings of guilt without being an "authentic" black man.

Do whites have feelings of guilt about blacks? If so, why? Does it really take a non authentic black, i.e., a black who is more like whites, to get ahead and thus assuage that purported guilt?

Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
The L.A. Times, they called him that
'Cause he's black, but not authentically.

Just what would he have to do to be "authentic"? Is he not authentic because he is mixed race? I don't believe that's what the song is saying at all. Is he not "authentic", because he doesn't buy into the nonsense about blacks being held down by "whitey"? If that's so, then any "authentic" black is racist, isn't he? Is he not authentic because he doesn't talk like some homey who dropped out of school after the seventh grade? Then, is any educated black not authentic?

Far from being about bigotry, the song really brings out some rather deeply buried and controversial attitudes about race, and raises questions that most of us would rather keep buried.

But, so long as they stay buried, racism will never end, will it?

Werbung:
The party you two support is almost exclusively white.

When numbers like those, it's no surprise that the GOP is often cited as a racist party. Instead of trying to defend Republican bigotry it would be much more constructive if you sought a way to overcome it. Or are you two part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution?

Perhaps they dont want to be called "Uncle Tom's"

Early this year when this topic came up I named Condie Rice and C. Powell and C. Thomas as republicans who were black and the libs on this board called them dirty names, It seems you can only be a regular black person if you are a democrat, if you are a republican then you are something dirty.

I dont blame anyone black who happens to be conservative to not want to be called a republican just because of the nasty dirty way dems would treat them.

Back