Modern Liberalism =- Authoritarianism

Concerning abortion, I say screw the legal arguments. Abortion is either murder or it is not. Abortion stops a beating heart and stops brainwaves. To me legal arguments are sadly lacking in describing the true nature of abortion.

No, its not as simple as that. This is what you need to understand. We live in a real world, with real problems, and we cant stand for all this symbolism in a matter like this. At some point, late in the pregnancy, the foetus has the ability to be born and survive and develop into a fully functional human being. Before this point, it is not a human being. Early in the pregnancy, it is simply a mass of flesh and blood with potential, and its brain is barely functioning.

Sometimes people masturbate, and their sperm goes to waste. If you believe a foetus of 2 days is much better than a sperm, then your ideology is taking over your sense of realism.

Those SPERM that never turned into a child will never have the opportuinity to play TBall or go to Dance class or get on the bus for their first day of school.

Those SPERM that never turned into a child will never get to have a birthday party or see Barney videos and never learn their ABC's.

Those SPERM that never turn into a child will never get the opportunity to vote or take a first job or go to the Prom.

Those SPERM that never turn into a child will never get to date and never get to experience a first kiss.

Those SPERM that never turn into a child will never get a chance to make up their mind on issues or to read Das Kapital or Common Sense or Ayn Rand.

You either belive it is OK to deny the unborn the right to life or you don't.

You believe it is OK to deny your sperm the right to live.

You either believe it is OK to make a life or death decision for another or you don't.

You believe it is OK to make a life or death decision for your sperm.

You either believe the most innocent of our society (the unborn) have natural rights or you believe they don't.[/QUOTE]

You believe the innocent sperm of our society don't have natural rights.

No amount of legalese mumbo jumbo should take away a person's natural rights.

What are these natural rights you speak of?

So our society has made great progress in guaranteeing natural rights to people of all races, places of national origins, gender (as well as all the pop culture premutations of gender).

The last time I checked, if you are a citizen and not a convicted felon, you have the right to vote. If you are confined to a wheel chair you have the same rights to building access as the non-confined. Just about every minority group now has similar rights as majority members guarnteed and enforced by law.

That is, except for the unborn.

Well whoop de doo, lets give the foetus the vote. Sorry, your actual point was?

It is the height of hypocricy to me that Libs demand rights for every pervert and deviant but deny the most basic of rights to the most innocent. And somehow, Libs say they are the compassionate and caring ones.

Yeah, right.[/QUOTE]

People call me a liberal, but I'm not. I just want the most caring thing done, in a way that is actually going to work in society. Abortions are going to happen, end of story, and if they are illegal, they are just going to be more dangerous. Is that a good thing, just for the sake of a bit of symbolism about life and death? Lets Get Real!!!!

Abortion after about 5 months should be illegal I think, because its around this time that the lump of cells because something more. Living.

Werbung:
Sublime, this thread is about the authoritarian nature of liberalism. If you want to discuss abortion, I would be perfectly happy to completely shred every argument you care to make and publicly tear you "a new one" on another thread if you are feeling froggy.

Sublime, this thread is about the authoritarian nature of liberalism. If you want to discuss abortion, I would be perfectly happy to completely shred every argument you care to make and publicly tear you "a new one" on another thread if you are feeling froggy.

You might want to inform invest of this too ;)

Try two centuries ago,

In most places maybe, Where I live 200 years ago none of the natives had heard of the white man. In rural Alaska the missionaries showed up and did what they do between 1900-1940. It wasnt until the 70s where students in school were not punished for speaking thier native language.

In most places maybe, Where I live 200 years ago none of the natives had heard of the white man. In rural Alaska the missionaries showed up and did what they do between 1900-1940. It wasnt until the 70s where students in school were not punished for speaking thier native language.

Keep in mind that for the great bulk of the time period that you mention, modern liberals controlled the federal government.

I thought we were talking about cajones. Cleary you are erecting a pasty strawman to divert the argument away from your observation of my cajones.

I thought we were talking about cajones. Cleary you are erecting a pasty strawman to divert the argument away from your observation of my cajones.

All right..I admit it, I...I think I saw something but...it was so small that even with my magnifying glass I coudn't rightly identify it....I refuse to incrimminate myself further:D

Keep in mind that for the great bulk of the time period that you mention, modern liberals controlled the federal government.

The treatment and oppression experienced cant nor should be chalked up to one group. It was perpetrated by the federal and state government. Rural Alaskans are long forgotten. Traveling to rural Alaska is like leaving America and going to a second or third world country.

Werbung:
All right..I admit it, I...I think I saw something but...it was so small that even with my magnifying glass I coudn't rightly identify it....I refuse to incrimminate myself further:D

OK. I am back at ease. Obviously you were looking in the window of my liberal neighbor. I can't speak from personal knowledge like you, but his demeanor would lead one to believe he has no cajones at all.

If it had been my window you were looking in, you would be cursed with feelings of inadequacy that would, in all likelyhood haunt you for the rest of your life.

Back