Let's talk about respect

cashmcall

I've been thinking a lot about decency and respect, trying to discern where the line is between revealing the ugly truth about Obama and crossing the line into disrespecting the honorable office which he holds, regardless of whether or not he's desecrating it himself by his unpresidential actions. And I want to make it clear that I respect the office of the President of the United States. But respecting the office and respecting the man who is in that office are not one-in-the-same. I respect Obama as the President, but I don't have much respect for him as a man outside of that. I don't want to degrade the presidency, but would rather that Obama lift himself up to the point of respecting the office he holds. As far as I have seen, his world-view, his racism as spelled out in his own book, his disdain for the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, his lack of experience, and his close associations with anti-American radicals make him unfit for the presidency: the presidency that I honor and sustain. I simply cannot sustain an anti-American president, because, in a way, that would mean dishonoring the office of the President of the United States as an office with the charge to be a guardian of the Constitution.

Is it respectful of his office to dress up his effigy like Hitler? No. But then again, what if he really happened to be like Hitler? There's a line there somewhere. It was crossed here:

But it was also crossed here:

Werbung:
The word "respect' is often thought of only in terms of one of the word's definitions. Webster's defines "respect" in the first sense as, "To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed." This definition implies that one should "respect" an opponent who possesses one or more characteristics or skills that demand caution when confronting him/her.

In the case of President Obama, those characteristics and skills are obvious. He's an unabashed and highly-skilled demagogue, capable of defining his opponents as being "evil". He and his various supporting groups on the left consistently make his opponents pay in some way for their opposition to him and his policies. He is an unabashed and skilled liar, doing so regularly with a straight face and a voice that wreaks of "good intentions" and "moral certainty". I see those characteristics and skills as despicable! Nevertheless, one must "respect" them and exercize great caution when opposing him.

Webster's second definition of "respect" is the one most folks think of when hearing the term. That definition is, "To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor." President Obama fails to qualify on the basis of this definition! I doubt that the US has ever had a more dishonorable man than Obama as President!

pathalogical liar. significant distinction imo...

Pathalogical liar means he can't help it. Obama knows exactly what he says. His lies are usually a result of a planned strategy or one-up-manship. He knows they are lies before he even says them and he doesn't give a flying fig when he does it.

Wow..I can see we all feel about the same...But I think most of us are just sick and tired of it...thanks

THIS IS A TEST

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in Florida , Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly you see a man and a woman in the water. They are fighting for their lives, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... Somehow they look familiar... you suddenly realize who they are.

It's Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi!! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take them under forever.

You have two options:

You can save their lives or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the deaths of two of the world's most powerful people

NOW,
Here's the question; and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Pathalogical liar means he can't help it. Obama knows exactly what he says. His lies are usually a result of a planned strategy or one-up-manship. He knows they are lies before he even says them and he doesn't give a flying fig when he does it.

he cant help it as lying is all he has ever done. he cant see any other way.

THIS IS A TEST

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in Florida , Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly you see a man and a woman in the water. They are fighting for their lives, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... Somehow they look familiar... you suddenly realize who they are.

It's Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi!! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take them under forever.

You have two options:

You can save their lives or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the deaths of two of the world's most powerful people

NOW,
Here's the question; and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?
I would take both, color and black and white and I would try for close ups :)

Werbung:
The Left does not respect the Right. The Right does not respect the Left. Do we agree on that?

Taking it further, IMO the Left HATES the Right and thinks we are EVIL. Conversely, the Right does not HATE the Left or think them evil. There is a difference.

Leftist leaders like Big Ears, must demonize the Right. This helps keep his followers in line.

Back