Is the Earth important and unique?

PLC1

Staff member
Watch this, then decide.

A hundred billion galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars! If each galaxy had only one hundred billion stars, that would be 1.0 x10^22 stars. If 1/100 of 1% of them had Earth like planets, that would be 1.0 x10 ^ 18 potential Earths.

That's more Earths than there are pennies in the national debt.

Werbung:
Watch this, then decide.

A hundred billion galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars! If each galaxy had only one hundred billion stars, that would be 1.0 x10^22 stars. If 1/100 of 1% of them had Earth like planets, that would be 1.0 x10 ^ 18 potential Earths.

That's more Earths than there are pennies in the national debt.

That was a trip. There are some concepts there that I have a tough time wrapping my mind around the scales involved. It is quite humbling really.

This also raises the bigger question about life in those places and what it might consist of and how complex and or intelligent those life objects would be.

While I could feel safe in assuming that something out there does have life. I am not convinced of any space bound alien beings having contact with earth.

That was a trip. There are some concepts there that I have a tough time wrapping my mind around the scales involved. It is quite humbling really.

This also raises the bigger question about life in those places and what it might consist of and how complex and or intelligent those life objects would be.

While I could feel safe in assuming that something out there does have life. I am not convinced of any space bound alien beings having contact with earth.

I've never seen any credible evidence that they have, but just project our own technological progress forward another hundred years, then imagine that at least some of those planets may have had intelligent life for a million years beyond where we are currently. What might the beings there have invented?

It is an interesting speculation, not that we can prove any of it, of course. Still, more planets than there are pennies in the national debt? What a pile that would make!

That's more Earths[sic, Earth like planets, capable of supporting life. than there are pennies in the national debt.
Logically, it is very likely.

However, we have not heard from the religious right. Some may contend that Earth is the singular creation of God. You know how they can be.

Logically, it is very likely.

However, we have not heard from the religious right. Some may contend that Earth is the singular creation of God. You know how they can be.

Billy Graham:

A: The Bible doesn't say anything about life on other planets; its focus is on this planet and its need for God. There well may be life on other planets - but the Bible simply doesn't say one way or the other.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090810/life-on-other-planets/index.html

"The Vatican is jointly building one of the most powerful astronomical observatories on Earth to help search for other planets and star systems capable of supporting life."
http://www.rense.com/ufo/popescope.htm

Werbung:
Back