1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Interesting Facts About Publc Opinion On Gun Ownership

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Old_Trapper70, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Colonel

Colonel Member

Interesting to see whether a Magistrate or Jury would see it that way - I doubt it.

2. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Idea is more that the thug is unlikely to wish to injure himself. Turning things in ways they are not intended to go gets very unpleasant very fast.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well this is an issue that we have been throwing around as a society for as long as I can remember. Yet, we still really have nothing to show for it, so I certainly understand the frustrations of the people. I think that background checks are probably the easiest and most effective thing that can be done right now, but I also think that we need to go further and do something about these automatic weapons and assault rifles. Should be interesting to follow, and thanks for the poll numbers.

Openmind likes this.
  4. hades_leae

hades_leae Member

It doesn't matter what is done by the government unless they just outlaw most guns anyway. Many people still know how to create their own guns, and I would have heavy laws regulating that if I was a law maker and had the people standing behind me.

People are going to die within the population and the government knows that, even if it's a couple of thousand that dies from gun deaths, they won't care because people are going to die. It's not affecting our nations way of life, more than 400,000 people die every ear from lung cancer because of cigarettes, and you see nothing being done about that.