If you could go back into the 80s for a day...

I wouldn't go quite that far. I occasionally hear a F***! or a M**F*** on rap when I can't avoid listening to it, like when someone has a stereo set on 7 on the Richter Scale in the car next to me.

Country western is the only good music written since 1975 or so. You can take that one to the bank.
In the early days (60's and before), a band would be in the background to accompany the singer. Now, the band plays at top volume and the singer screams the words instead of sing in order to be heard.

Country and the words: "good music" is an oxymoron since the days of Marty Robbins and Charlie Pride.

Werbung:
In the early days (60's and before), a band would be in the background to accompany the singer. Now, the band plays at top volume and the singer screams the words instead of sing in order to be heard.

Country and the words: "good music" is an oxymoron since the days of Marty Robbins and Charlie Pride.

I saw a bumpersticker that said: PREVENT INBREEDING, BAN COUNTRY MUSIC

Maybe the 1680's ....
Now there would be a destination. Before the Industrial "revolution" took hold! Such a time, .... a sustainable earth, what a concept!

oh well. I have no TIME MACHINE, so its only a day-dream.

dahermit said:
I know that your suggestion was meant to be a stimulus for nostalgia. However, I am fascinated with the concept of time travel. Contrary to what many people believe, scientists have demonstrated that time is variable and may in fact be subject to manipulation enabling travel into the future.

Yes the movie SOMEWHERE IN TIME (1980) is excellent also.... It shows the idea your mind can make stuff happen...Truly fascinating!!

dahermit said:
The 80's were like yesterday.

Yes your right as things started getting worse in the 80s. From digital crap ruining analogue to other stuff.....

...what you you do?

I would bring 100s of dollars and buy lots of all this

M&Ms plain
Milky Way Bars
3 Musketeers
Hershey Bars (These changed 5 yrs ago to using SOY LECITHIN instead of SOYA LECITHIN (Which they had used for years) and as a result the bars and too sweet))

All the rest have changed since then and taste like crap (SKIM MILK IS USED INSTEAD OF REG MILK)

I would also get a good Walkman :)

Then i guess i would go skating at a roller skating rink (BOY DO I MISS DOING THAT,WE HAVE A RINK IN MY AREA BUT I DO NOT WANNA HEAR THIS CRAP/GARBAGE MUSIC THEY PLAY NOW!!)

I bought a bag of Milky Way, wondered why they tasted nasty.

Yes if you met yourself and TOUCHED,bad stuff might occur but in the movie BACK THE THE FUTURE II didnt biff and older biff touch and nothing happenend so who knows...

Going back to the 80's, I'd still be working, raising my daughter, doing my boy scouting and disco dancing...give me the great 80's music and dancing...

Werbung:
Back